Advice building tables plz

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all - need advice on building tables for a drain to waste coco setup.

Current plan to keep it super cheap and easy = get corrugated 8' pvc sections, put 2 together to get the length right and for stability, then either bolt them together, PVC glue them together, add long runs of a pair of 2" pvc tubes (think of the feet on a snow sled), or all of the above.

Cheap, lightweight, mobile for teardown when the round is finished.

Put the pvc sheets up on cement feet or cinderblock, and at the end have a section of gutter that dumps to a bucket I pump it to my outside garden from.

This setup is very mobile, lightweight, inexpensive, involves no wood nor wheels.

Does this sound like a decent plan? Ideas, advice, suggestions, links to other better table setups encouraged please....

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Note - this is for a vertical setup, chowmix in 7 or 10 gallon pots so they're not too heavy for the pvc sheets?
1 plant per light, 3 plants per table.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

The corrugated pvc is too flimsy.... so we ended up getting $200 worth of plywood and I'm building long row tables.

$200 for a 12-site room of 4 rows isnt too bad. Now hopefully the sump pump I ordered can stay in a very low profile DTW container so I don't have to raise the tables any more than necessary....

Good feedback, Oldmanstoner. Agreed, but I think for the $ I spent, this may be a good solution....

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

The corrugated pvc is too flimsy.... so we ended up getting $200 worth of plywood and I'm building long row tables.

$200 for a 12-site room of 4 rows isnt too bad. Now hopefully the sump pump I ordered can stay in a very low profile DTW container so I don't have to raise the tables any more than necessary....

Good feedback, Oldmanstoner. Agreed, but I think for the $ I spent, this may be a good solution....

I was thinking about doing something like that with pond liner, well just too much when I can buy cheaper then the cost to make them. So are you lining the plywood?

dabs4life

dabs4life

some square tube steel can be found at the dump or recycle places for ususally next to nothing. like change.

find all sorts of crazy shit getting high and goin to the recycle place. bikes grilles. who knows. stoner lottery.

a drill and some bolts after you hack saw the pieces and you got earthquake proof stuff.

sand and spray paint and fuck its nice lookin then.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

some square tube steel can be found at the dump or recycle places for ususally next to nothing. like change.

find all sorts of crazy shit getting high and goin to the recycle place. bikes grilles. who knows. stoner lottery.

a drill and some bolts after you hack saw the pieces and you got earthquake proof stuff.

sand and spray paint and fuck its nice lookin then.

Likely not so easy now, for the past few years scrap metal prices went thru the roof! Everyone scraping an metal just laying around in these parts have all but disappeared! Then again prices on wood esp plywood has seem to gone thru the roof also! IMO, its just cheaper an easier to go an buy 4x4 trays for a 100 a pop, now the 4x8 trays are like 300 dollars??? I don't get that?

dabs4life

dabs4life

naw like pick the stuff up and ask how much. at the places i go to i usually just look around and ask.

they will basically charge scrap prices if its a few things after throwin it up in the scale. like change most of the time. its an easy way too look for very common metal stock.... give the guy some cigs... all junk ppl love cigs

Top Bottom