Advice For First Grow

• Thread starter Omerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Omerta

Omerta

Hey all, Omerta here. I am a new grower, and am growing to help with my PTSD and chronic back pain. I served for 7 years and was injured in 2010 and was retired in 2014.

I have converted a basement room into my GR. I have a 4x4x7 tent, 4' x 4 t5 light, a 125w CFL grow light a bunch of CFL and led bulbs in the 5000k spec. I let my tap water aerate with an air stone and let the chemicals evap for at least 24hrs. I am trying to keep temp inside of 72-78 and am using cups of snow melt to help keep humidity down. I dont have a meter yet for that. But have been careful to watch for mold. I am using fox farm soil and have the plant in a 1gal pot. Its recovering from a topping I did at 5". How would you proceed?

Advice for first grow
Dan789

Dan789

First of all Thanks for your service, and welcome to the farm.
Your plant is looking good, how old is it, you didn’t mention any type of air circulation, you might want to add a small clip on fan for that.
Is that perlite on the top of your plants soil?
Seems to be doing good, next thing would be to figure what type of nutrients to supply and that you don’t under/ over water.

Omerta

Omerta

I planted my seeds (x4) on nov 16th. So going on 4 weeks under light with green above soil. I have a 8"intake and 2 inline fans for my exhaust which pushes the air through my diy carbon air scrubber. I have a fan blowing constant on the plant I rotate the pot every few hours but at least every 12hrs...

20181212 150103
Omerta

Omerta

Your plant is looking good, how old is it, you didn’t mention any type of air circulation, you might want to add a small clip on fan for that.
Seems to be doing good, next thing would be to figure what type of nutrients to supply and that you don’t under/ over water.
Yes, that is perlite on top. I go 2-3 days b4 I water.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Rite now if you like, ide let her get a little bigger though.

Omerta

Omerta

Dan,
thanks for the welcome, I dont join to many forums (I cant remember more than a couple) but I like the feel of this one. I have been using a dual fan window fan for circulation but I have changed to a single 12 in table top fan. Also my intake fan is pretty intense. Anybody else sit with their plants? Lol.
I'm not sure how to proceed with this plant... providing it turns out to be female I want it to be my mum plant but not sure how and if i should train it or just harvest off her as i need? I also want to make sure i do as little stress to it so I would be doing LS Training. I have clipped its sunleaves on 4 nodes... I think that's the r

Thank you 1diesel1. Have you tried re-vegging a plant after harvest? I may not understand it right... I thought the plant dies after harvest.

Top Bottom