advice for my 8x8 sog 6000w

• Thread starter jase_ventura
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jase_ventura

Hi all and thankyou for taking the time to read my post and perhaps lend abit of advice to a newby in need haha. I am in the process of purchasing all my equipment, at the moment I have a shopping list and I just keep adding to it or removing from it as and when I receive advice. Ok so I plan to do a large sog, for this I am going to use 2 4x8 ebb n flow tables with 3 1000w hps in sealed air cooled hoods above each table, each 4x8 will have 218 4x4 rockwool cubes. I plan to harvest every four weeks. The main thing I would like to know is how many mother plants will I need to have in order to produce 250 clones every 4 weeks? And what would be the easiest way to propogate this many clones at once, I have another room for my mothers and clones. Any advice would be massively appreciated. Thanks a bunch dudes and happy new year ;)

T

thedarkknight

so you need 109 clones a month for a 4*8... id say about 500w would do it. id use a 1k and use the other 500w to harden off and veg your plants for the other table. veg them til they have roots busting through, transfer them to the table then flower

J

jase_ventura

No offense but I think you may have read my post wrong, I said I wanted to have 218 PER TRAY, and atleast 2000w above each tray and I'm probably still gonna go for 3000w per tray. In total I will have 436 plants in my flower room at once, all with no veg and perhaps just 14days in propogator, my main question was how many mothers will I need to maintain this number of flowering plants?

Its probly my fault that my first post was very unclear as I was really chonged off this blue cheese when writing it and went into quite abit of rambling nonsese. Sorry for not makin it clear dude. Also what is this 500w you speak of? Is this a MH lamp as I've never seen a 500w hps. Thankyou for ur help :D

F

FruitOfTheLabor

depends.. man.. i have been working a 220 sog .. but had to shut down till find a new place.. but anyways.. ur going to need id say.. 5-10 mothers depending on size.. maybe up to 20.. mother plants.. if u want to harvest perpetually.... make sure wen u take clones ur topping the branches so they branch out into 2 and continue this cycle to get the most amount of clonable branches.. im going to say.. id do 10 mothers.. so that ur only asking for 20 clones per mother per month.. its not to much to ask for...

u mite want to think about vegging for a little wile.. cause i did it 12 and 12 after rooted.. and it wasnt worth it .. if u let them go like 2 weeks of veg u will get 3 times more yield from experience.. its worth the extra 2 weeks for the extra half zip per plant.

A

ahumado

No offense but I think you may have read my post wrong, I said I wanted to have 218 PER TRAY, and atleast 2000w above each tray and I'm probably still gonna go for 3000w per tray. In total I will have 436 plants in my flower room at once, all with no veg and perhaps just 14days in propogator, my main question was how many mothers will I need to maintain this number of flowering plants?

Its probly my fault that my first post was very unclear as I was really chonged off this blue cheese when writing it and went into quite abit of rambling nonsese. Sorry for not makin it clear dude. Also what is this 500w you speak of? Is this a MH lamp as I've never seen a 500w hps. Thankyou for ur help :D

Actually it was clear as day to me. I dont have that answer but I wanted to say dont get talked out of 3000w because im running 2000 in a 4x8 and I know people that are doing 3000 and its even sicker but a lot of people tell them its to much and its not. People say it will get to hot but it doesnt with a nice inline exhaust. I can put my two thousand watts right upon the plants without heat issues so i could easily run another 1000 watts and have them all 12 to 18 inches above the plants. Good Luck Im not doing SOG though so cant answer the mother question

J

jase_ventura

depends.. man.. i have been working a 220 sog .. but had to shut down till find a new place.. but anyways.. ur going to need id say.. 5-10 mothers depending on size.. maybe up to 20.. mother plants.. if u want to harvest perpetually.... make sure wen u take clones ur topping the branches so they branch out into 2 and continue this cycle to get the most amount of clonable branches.. im going to say.. id do 10 mothers.. so that ur only asking for 20 clones per mother per month.. its not to much to ask for...

u mite want to think about vegging for a little wile.. cause i did it 12 and 12 after rooted.. and it wasnt worth it .. if u let them go like 2 weeks of veg u will get 3 times more yield from experience.. its worth the extra 2 weeks for the extra half zip per plant.

Would I still be able to use the 4x4 rockwool cubes or would I need to use something bigger, or would it be possible to put one ontop of the other and leave the plastic on the top cubes which will give the roots more room to grow down, I just don't think a 4x4 cube would be enough to veg for two weeks and then handle the root growth throughout the flowering period.

J

jase_ventura

Actually it was clear as day to me. I dont have that answer but I wanted to say dont get talked out of 3000w because im running 2000 in a 4x8 and I know people that are doing 3000 and its even sicker but a lot of people tell them its to much and its not. People say it will get to hot but it doesnt with a nice inline exhaust. I can put my two thousand watts right upon the plants without heat issues so i could easily run another 1000 watts and have them all 12 to 18 inches above the plants. Good Luck Im not doing SOG though so cant answer the mother question

Yeah dude a lot of people been tryin to tell me that its too much do you think the exhaust heat will be too intense to use as heating for my house, bearing in mind its winter and I live in the north of england? And would you suggest using an inline booster fan between each light to keep airflow strong, just I can get 8" ones for ten pounds and it seems stupid to not buy them for that price.

Also are you using co2 or do you know any info about plants being able to use more light when co2 is introduced? I know plants use more nutes with co2 and that brings me onto my next question, should I up the ec/ppm or simply increase frequency of feedings? Thanks dude

G

gorgeousj206

I run sog but way smaller i have bonsai moms and i can get 10 every 2 weeks in 1.5gallon 5in square pots all u need is a 600 or 1000w 4 moms in 5 gallon buckets train that bitch for a couple months and youll b able to take 100 every month trust me

dankworth

dankworth

Are you talking about how greenthumbdanny advocates 3k per 4x8 table?
Keep in mind, his specimens seem to overflow off the table. And it is next to other tables it seems sometimes, so some 1ks would crosslight. I think his 3k is not lighting up 32 square feet. I think his 3k is lighting up more ft2 than that. Plus he uses magnum reflectors and stuff, which have a far more diffused light delivery compared to like a super sun 2. If he ran reflectors that focused light delivery more tightly, he would have to back his lights way up to run 3k per table.

You would have to ask him to get a definite answer though.
You are talking about ending up with close to 100 watts/ft2 if your canopy does not overflow off the table. I have run 100 watts/ft2. It is straight up overkill. Too much heat and light causes plants to have to work really hard to maintain homeostasis. The have to transpire a ton of water to cope. This takes a lot of work. This work takes directly away from growth, and energy that would go towards bud development.

Having run 60-100 watts/ft2, I must say that with digital ballasts, the best hps lamps for lumen output and spectrum, and good reflectors, I am under the opinion that the best thing for the plant is between 60-70 watts/ft2.

We should more accurately be measuring light intensity with a light meter at the canopy to get a really accurate assessment of, for example, how intense GTD's canopy is lit. Then we can gain a greater understanding of what the exact circumstances are that drive exactly what level of performance.

GTD with his 3k/4x8 table sure kills it, have to say.

Hope this input is helpful.

N

naga

depends on what you want to grow.im pulling off only 20 gdp clones from my bonsi moms and 50 off the chem dwag every month.plus theres all ways a few runts.so i would want to pull an extra 20% to pick the best.

you could use 6 inch rockwool cubes and veg an extra few days.cut your clone numbers by a third.or 4 inch cubes spaced an inch apart.still veg a few extra days.

T

thedarkknight

sorry dude was a lil toasted when i responded... which is why i responded hehe. your title and setup got my attention. i flood rockwool and blast light too. i say blast light if you have it and can handle it... im working on a plan to try to get up to 95watts/foot. 2k over a 8*4 is standard but if you can handle the 3rd light then why not... its not going to hurt. as long as that extra bulb produces extra bud, then i say keep adding light.

i say you should cut your plant #s down. your gonna to run a no veg sog with 109 per k... even soil sogs don't go that high usually ( i think i ran 81 in soil once) and soil doesn't grow as fast usually. in rockwool you'll get good growth... let them veg for a week and you can get that # down to 7*7= 49 8*8=64 or 9*9=81... if not less if your were willing to veg longer or elsewhere since your running perpetual. super high density sogs like that are a waste imho because you spend light growing moms instead of vegging, and you get super high plant counts for no reason. 1-2-3 week vegs is the sweet spot imho to get lower plant counts while keeping a good schedule and you'll get roots busting out, pruning, and filling of canopy established quite swiftly still ... and this can be done right next to your moms in a relatively small veg area. when they are that small you can still squish them together under a light until they get rootbound in those cubes... an when they do get rootbound, then they're ready to be locked into coco mats and flowered. stick the cubes on coco mats... the cubes just become holders once the roots bust through the coco and fill up your tables. if your down to 4*4=16 5*5=25 or maybe even 6*6=36 you might want to use 6x6 cubes or stack 4x4

anyways for your clone needs of 250 a month per 8*4 table... id say stick 4-7 moms in 5gal under a 1k....... but i would use half that light on the moms and the other half on vegging.

imho of course, best of luck

B

BayouBud

I am just a newbie, so don't mind me, but I do have a question, I am running the 1kw per 4x4, and planning to get 16 girls In each , after seeing Meeks grow and he is only using 4 plants per 4x4 (and 1kw, same as me), 1st question is how can you fit that many plants on that small of a table? I was thinking of cutting back to 8 ? And second, will the extra light help to reach the "max per bulb" ratio? I see allot of guys trying to hit 2# per light, so I'm hoping for 4 with 2 lights, does this mean I will get 6 elbows out of 3 kw lights? Just curious.

Be Kynd,
Bayou

J

jase_ventura

I am just a newbie, so don't mind me, but I do have a question, I am running the 1kw per 4x4, and planning to get 16 girls In each , after seeing Meeks grow and he is only using 4 plants per 4x4 (and 1kw, same as me), 1st question is how can you fit that many plants on that small of a table? I was thinking of cutting back to 8 ? And second, will the extra light help to reach the "max per bulb" ratio? I see allot of guys trying to hit 2# per light, so I'm hoping for 4 with 2 lights, does this mean I will get 6 elbows out of 3 kw lights? Just curious.

Be Kynd,
Bayou

I don't know dude all depends on what u usin what u growin n how dialed you got it. The way I see it if ur using fewer plants you will have to have a considerably longer veg time which would allow the plants to fill out enough to yield that, the way I'm doin it I want fast crops so I'm flowering a huge ammount of plants with very little veg time in the hope that I might even get 10g per plant, that would give me just over 2kg, which would be 1/3 off that gpw goal, as I learn more and get my veg time, nutes, co2, airflow dialed I will concerntrate on getting it up to that gpw goal. Also my cuTings will be trained and trimmed to death leaving only the top shoot and few fan leaves which will allow me to grow only the cola, which is the best most potent smoke. I am a beginner two and am definatly going to take what I've learned in this thread on board, especially the coco mat idea, I figure I could still train and trim the arse off my girls, veg a week n half to two weeks and still have my plants so tightly packed on the tray. Since I am growing only for my personal smoke I don't want anything but cola bud, I smoke about 5g a day and somedays eat double that. Cannabis is the BEST painkiller EVER by far, I can't see any point in growing anything other than cola, even if I veg longer its still the only bit I'm interesting in growing, if I veg longer and user a 6*6 cube would I still be able to train and trim the plant to only produce a cola???

Top Bottom