Advice For My First Grow - Bad Seeds?

• Thread starter JJCruz14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JJCruz14

JJCruz14

Last year my friend had a big grow set up in his garage, some plants were grown for bud and others bred for seed. The seeds then stayed in a dry cooler in his garage for the better part of a year. Earlier this year, he gave me a big bag of seeds for free.
I in turn gave some out to my friends and am now attempting to grow them myself. My method for germination was to soak the seeds in a hydrogen peroxide/water solution before planting them in soil wetted with sugar water. After 3 days there are still no rootlets.
Are my seeds bad? did I do something wrong? please help!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Last year my friend had a big grow set up in his garage, some plants were grown for bud and others bred for seed. The seeds then stayed in a dry cooler in his garage for the better part of a year. Earlier this year, he gave me a big bag of seeds for free.
I in turn gave some out to my friends and am now attempting to grow them myself. My method for germination was to soak the seeds in a hydrogen peroxide/water solution before planting them in soil wetted with sugar water. After 3 days there are still no rootlets.
Sometimes they can take longer especially if you do not have a heat mat. Seeds will germinate faster if kept at a specific temperature.

visajoe1

visajoe1

did the seeds crack in the water?

germinating-marijuana-seeds.jpg

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Peroxide and water huh plain water is all u need

Bannacis

Bannacis

It depends on how they were packed when stored. If just put in a bag and tossed in the fridge, they are going to be less viable.

Dunge

Dunge

Seeds can easily drown.
I think this is why many find direct sow to produce the highest germination rate.
Into the bottom of a shallow hole, placing the seed on its side.
Cover and water.
The seed will figure out how to sprout.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Seeds can easily drown.
I think this is why many find direct sow to produce the highest germination rate.
Into the bottom of a shallow hole, placing the seed on its side.
Cover and water.
The seed will figure out how to sprout.
True, I personally use a dome with a thermostatically controlled heat mat and rockwool cubes. I have Found that one of the most important things is simply holding the consistent temperature.

Top Bottom