Advice for visitor to A'dam?

• Thread starter chuckz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuckz

chuckz

I'm going to be heading to Amsterdam for a visit in a couple of weeks (about 1st August weekend), and intend to make the most of my time.

I've been before on a few business trips and know the centre fairly well, but other than visiting coffeeshops, and the basic tourist stuff, i've never really let my hair down...

...and I have loooooong hair ;)

I know where to go for good smokes and fresh mushies, but if i was looking for other stuff, more psychedelic, less legal ;), then what advice might people offer, from a safety point of view as much as anything?

Places to avoid?
Places I might hang out and hope?
Parties happening that weekend or regular clubs/events? psytrance would be perfect!

Thanks for any advice, information or private messages...
Ch.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
send a pm to devilsharvest he will fill you in about the local hotspots :)

D

dna genetics

chuckz find your way to our shop we gots alll the info you need:)

H

hazyfontazy

i'll be there 28th -30th. if u get there any earlier give us a holler ,,,,,

F

FastForward

chuckz find your way to our shop we gots alll the info you need:)

What he said! :)

Or goto Grey Area first and have a good smoke - don't forget to grab a map card from the counter to show you how to find DNA in your stoney haze - then head over to DNA to buy what you just smoked. Personally I think the LA Confidential is out of this world for a really heavy but tasty stone and I really loved both the Apollo 13 (sativa) and the Martian Mean Green for superb sativa highs...perfect for roaming the dam ;)

Also head over to Barney's - the G13 Haze is so pucker I can't even begin to describe it. TBH there's not much else on their menu that I really loved, although the Crimea Blue is interesting. If Amnesia is open again after the refurb definitely check out the Pink Kush - again, superb smoke.

I was there last week Mon - Weds, so this intel pretty fresh. Have an awesome time....have put reviews for Grey Area and Barney's in the coffeeshop guide if you want more info.

EDIT: Places to avoid - pretty much any coffeeshop in the red light district. They're usually crap menus, music, uncomfortable, and on a bad day full of stag nighters. Shrooms you can still get everywhere...any head shop will sell you anything from mexican and thai to philosophers stones and even peyote I believe. These days I spend my time on the other side of Dam, towards the Jordaan/Herengracht...DNA is pretty much about as close to the RLD as I get....better coffeeshops by far. Some good places: Grey Area, Amnesia, Barney's, Greenhouse, Katsu, Abraxas and maybe the Dampkring. NOTE: Barney's, Greenhouse and Dampkring all now have places on Harlemerstraat within 0.5mile of each other, so that's where I usually hang out - and then GA/DNA is only 5-10 mins down Herengracht. Enjoy :)

D

dna genetics

hazy you are also welcome over at the shop! if you want you can come by b4 the grey
i think we owe you a session!:)

see you guys soon

chuckz

chuckz

Thanks Logic for the tip.

Thanks DNA for the invite, will be sure to visit - can't think why I haven't been before. Will try to bring some of my Brainstorm along for your enjoyment and comments.

I'll be sure to post more info on my visit, once I finalise plans - would be good to meet/party with some of the locals ('Dammers and Farmers).

Since we've descended into pot/coffeeshop chat...

I usually hover along that same half mile on Harlemerstraat, the GH in the middle being my favourite place to chill in the 'Dam. Good food, good smoke (Cheese is a fav, but their Jack H is often overlooked these days and often as good as their best in stock, for much less beans - Cheese is often slightly better at the Dampkring), good atmosphere and free Wi-Fi. Only negative about GH is the same DVD they have been playing since last November - do they only change it once a year?

I like Grey Area, but it's small and popular - too much publicity these days. The Catch 22 of coffeeshops - love the small ones with top buds, but word gets round and they are ruined. However, obviously it is better for these places to succeed, rather than the Bulldogs, and Redlightripoffs. I am hoping GH will lead the globalisation of coffeeshops! Arjun for president! lol ;)

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some of yas, and maybe to a nice trippy weekend...

Ch.

M

Mr B

I'll be in A'dam in August from 12th to 15th.
I guess that's some weeks late.

Top Bottom