Advice needed on lighting

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sedate

sedate

jonathanstrange said:
I was wondering if I could crack the door and mount some fans to the wall. How do I get the carbon filter in there. Do they stand upright or mount it to the ceiling? If it's a dumb question I figure ur used to them by now Sedate lol

Um. If you stick that 250 in a sealed hood then I think you could stick a small $14 Honeywell in the crack of the door and you'd be just fine dude - you wouldn't even need to cool the hood itself - def the why I'd go for a small grow like that - especially since you're talking about cutting up ur ceiling and shit.

As far as a carbon filter - you should get the smallest Phresh or even one of the HTG branded ones - they are cheap and don't really last all that long - but your smell footprint on a grow like that won't be much at all until the last few weeks of flower and a 4" cannon fan on a smallish filter - get a speed controller and put it maybe half-way-up (to preserve the life of the filter) - you'll never have a smell issue.

Not that I'm a HTG junkie or anything - I usually buy locally - but this is a good pick for your grow -

You would want to hang the fan up - most people - myself included - use chain or bungie cord to hang the filters horizontally over the grow space.

jakesterjammin said:
LMFAO.... Really???
I've had the so called "Digital Greenhouse" (HTG Brand) opened up before, it's manufactured in China, imported, and then re-branded!!!

Well laugh all you want Lumatek's are a fucking laughing stock around Denver - and believe me - we gots fucking growers.

And I don't care where HTG's ballasts come from - solid gear at a reasonable price - and I've had two running 24/7 for nearly 3 years now no problems what-so-ever.

J

jakesterjammin

I thought lumateks was china made, please tell me where they are put together here in the u.s. JJ
What their site says they're really a UK company which has branched into the US... So I could be wrong, most likely UK made and shipped to US distributors..

Well I have a lumatek that's going on 4yrs now..
Suggest them often and never got any "It's a piece of crap" from anyone which bought them...

So I can only comment on my experiences with lumatek..
But I'm always on the look out for something compatible at a cheaper cost..
IMO China is not the answer, you just lucky that cooling fan has not dropped out... Because as soon as it does, you will not know it, and by-by ballast...

I can only comment on my personal experiences with lumatek which I have not heard or read anything different..

Also the first I heard the "Lots of fucking growers of Denver" laughing at lumatek, and also not too sure what makes Denver growers so special over a all the other growers in the other 49 states...

I'm kind of a "show me some proof" kind of guy...
Honestly by you saying "the growers of Denver said", really means nothing to me personally... Sorry....

I'm not here to say I'm right and you're wrong...
Nor am I hear to debate the subject and get into a pissing match with anyone....
Just stating my experiences with the products....

J

JonathonStrange

I was flipping though my local shop catalog and came across this
pulsar mini by sunleaves

250w built in hid balast that can run both hps and mh bulbs and comes with glass.

Too good to be true? Sounds perfect and runs around 215 w/ out bulbs

thanks as always

J

JonathonStrange

You know about the balsat discusion going on here. For someone who is new and realy wants learn this stuff. Watching ppl who know there stuff and are passionet.
Well I'm learning a ton...

sedate

sedate

Look dude - Lumateks have had real problems w/ reliability over the years. If you combine that with the BS marketing claims about bulbs being way fucking brighter and having more output and stupid claims about operating frequency and shit - you have a product that is one part unreliable and one part snake-oil.

Again - I'll take the same product at 70% the cost from HTG. So would most experienced growers. So would the other posters to this thread.

So would other posters to the Farm:

jakesterjammin said:
Also the first I heard the "Lots of fucking growers of Denver" laughing at lumatek, and also not too sure what makes Denver growers so special over a all the other growers in the other 49 states...

This is so fucking moronic. Really?

WTF makes Denver growers so special?

OH I DON'T FUCKING KNOW BECAUSE WE ENJOY A REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT THAT PUTS A DISPENSARY ON EVERY STREET CORNER AND A HYDROSHOP IN EVERY FUCKING STRIP MALL.

And our fucking ounces cost $200 for shit that would make East Coasters' brains bleed out. That means we grow a shitload of fucking weed dude.

It's like asking "Why would I trust growers in Humbolt more than growers in Sheboygan?"

Denver has the most well-developed grow scene outside of North Cali. Period. That's why you'd trust Denver growers.

That's why when Denver hydroshops start dropping Lumatek like a bad habit - it means something is significantly wrong with the brand and the product.

jakesterjammin said:
I'm kind of a "show me some proof" kind of guy...
Honestly by you saying "the growers of Denver said", really means nothing to me personally... Sorry....

Show - you - proof?

Buying $9500 worth of equipment and shopping at 12 different hydroshops 20 times each and talking to the other growers and employees over the course of 3+ years of growing for food - is called real fucking world experience with a real fucking well developed grow scene.

Can I take a fucking pic of that or maybe you'd take my word?

Look dude- since you appear to be confused about the purpose of the boxes and windows your looking at right now - this is a discussion forum - the idea is to swap ideas and information in an efficient fashion that reaches as many as who are interested - so if you aren't prepared to take experienced posters' word on a topic that had multiple other posters' agreeing?! - then take your 33 posts and your Lumatek ballasts and buzz the fuck off.

:middlefinger

J

jakesterjammin

Look dude - Lumateks have had real problems w/ reliability over the years. If you combine that with the BS marketing claims about bulbs being way fucking brighter and having more output and stupid claims about operating frequency and shit - you have a product that is one part unreliable and one part snake-oil.

Again - I'll take the same product at 70% the cost from HTG. So would most experienced growers. So would the other posters to this thread.

So would other posters to the Farm:

This is so fucking moronic. Really?

WTF makes Denver growers so special?

OH I DON'T FUCKING KNOW BECAUSE WE ENJOY A REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT THAT PUTS A DISPENSARY ON EVERY STREET CORNER AND A HYDROSHOP IN EVERY FUCKING STRIP MALL.

And our fucking ounces cost $200 for shit that would make East Coasters' brains bleed out. That means we grow a shitload of fucking weed dude.

It's like asking "Why would I trust growers in Humbolt more than growers in Sheboygan?"

Denver has the most well-developed grow scene outside of North Cali. Period. That's why you'd trust Denver growers.

That's why when Denver hydroshops start dropping Lumatek like a bad habit - it means something is significantly wrong with the brand and the product.

Show - you - proof?

Buying $9500 worth of equipment and shopping at 12 different hydroshops 20 times each and talking to the other growers and employees over the course of 3+ years of growing for food - is called real fucking world experience with a real fucking well developed grow scene.

Can I take a fucking pic of that or maybe you'd take my word?

Look dude- since you appear to be confused about the purpose of the boxes and windows your looking at right now - this is a discussion forum - the idea is to swap ideas and information in an efficient fashion that reaches as many as who are interested - so if you aren't prepared to take experienced posters' word on a topic that had multiple other posters' agreeing?! - then take your 33 posts and your Lumatek ballasts and buzz the fuck off.

:middlefinger

LMFAO.......
I'm an inexperienced grower because I just joined this forum???
Still do not SEE any proof other than a guy which is flapping his gums (or should I say girl, cause you're acting like a little girl that got her feelings hurt)...

Get a grip Mr. Denver...
Good grief... LOL

Not sure how they run things here, any other forum and an outburst like that you would be packing it up....

Top Bottom