Advice needed on pruning..

• Thread starter gjreeves88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gjreeves88

gjreeves88

So I have done some pruning already but now I'm in my first week(2nd day)of 12/12 and I have a very full relatively even canopy.. It seems like there is gonna be a good amount of stuff not getting a lot of light by weeks 3 or so of 12/12. How much cleaning up of the bottom of the plant can be done with out hurting anything..and should I do it all in this first week or wait till week 3 when stretch is slowed..ANY advice is very appreciated this is only my second grow so I'm still nervous about everything i do haha.

Also My room temp is perfect at the moment how close would you let 600s get to the tops I was thinking 16 inches..

Photo 4
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Lookn good man, be easy on the pruning. I clean up my bottoms real nice, u can do it gradually so little shock is caused. Dont do much to the leaves up top, for they store nutrition and absorb light. I usually pluck the ones that are covering a zone though. Also pluck the ones that are dying out for they serve no purpose anymore.Z

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I trim up the bottoms when budsites start to show
Then when the buds really start to put on weight ill pluck some from the top to get light to more buds

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When removing leaves, you can easily pull 1/3 of the total mass and cause no problems. I would suggest pinching off budsites right now, instead. All sites that are covered and have poor potential, leaving the top 3-4 sites that have the best exposure.

Nutts

Nutts

You can take a little bit from anywhere on the plant in the first week of flower. Just don't take too much at once that stress can cause hermies. I clear out the bottoms in the first two weeks and I've topped at week three not cuZ I wanted to either. I did end up with two nice nugs growing at the top in the end though.

flampkin

flampkin

I not a fan of popcorn buds so I pinch of the growing points of undesirable locations as soon as I can and whenever I see one popin up. I like to leave the fan leaves on unlessthey are creating a problem, air flow issue or there covering up buds whatever.

Bannacis

Bannacis

You can also tie some branches down, kinda pread em out some, but the pics look like you have no room.
then i would trim the lowers, lolly pop it. it will alow the upper bud sites get bigger.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

Hey man
Lookn good man, be easy on the pruning. I clean up my bottoms real nice, u can do it gradually so little shock is caused. Dont do much to the leaves up top, for they store nutrition and absorb light. I usually pluck the ones that are covering a zone though. Also pluck the ones that are dying out for they serve no purpose anymore.Z
,I'm doing auto plants, my plants are a month old but pretty small,I cut of 4 fan leaves from the plant as try was shrivelling up on the sides,but the stems to the leaves wast thin,they was thick leaves with very thick stalks,will they be ok or shouldn't i of cut them???

Bannacis

Bannacis

With autos, you pretty much don't want to prune if you can avoid it. and removing leaves or injuries to plant will slow its growth till it heals. since auto veg to a certain point then flower. you don't want to interrupt its cycle.
you should be ok, but don't trim anymore.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

As has already been recommended, get rid of lower bud sites that aren't getting any light. I like to leave all fans on until they start dying, then I pluck them. I also like to get rid of sucker branches at the 1 1/2 week point. IMHO this causes the plant to focus energy on the buds on your main branches and you wind up with bigger buds and less larf.

Top Bottom