Advice needed please. Dr Grinspoon / LED / indoor

• Thread starter MarceloBielsa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MarceloBielsa

Im a complete newbie to growing weed, but I can’t find this strain anywhere so decided I’m going to have a shot at growing myself.

I have 5 feminised seeds bought directly from Barneys Farm in Amsterdam, but I’m still yet to buy any equipment. I’d prefer to use the tent method and use LED lights.

I know I haven’t chosen the easiest strain to begin with, as I’ve heard they take extra TLC, and take a long time from seed to smoke.

How big of a tent will I need to fit all 5 plants? How tall do they grow, which is the optimum wattage for the LED lights. What do they like to be fed and how often? Pot size? Soil? All of that stuff.

Thanks so much in advance
Advice needed please dr grinspoon  led  indoor
Advice needed please dr grinspoon  led  indoor 2

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
So 5-6 Plants in a 4x4 tent, your gonna want around 600W-700W draw from the wall. So a Spider Farm or a mars hydro 2000 that pulls around 300W each 2 of those in a 4x4 tent will do you well :D same as what im running atm.

Pot size well.. Start in a solo and up pot as you go.. Up to say 5-7 gallons.

Feed Get some organic Alaskan fish fertilizer no burn, And then maybe some Fox Farms big 3.

Get a super soil or a water only soil for the first few months, Ie Fox farms, Dr Earths, ect ect the ones with all the nutrients in it, NOT MIRACLE GROW, and nothing made with extended release fertilizers.

Read the forum for soil recipies if you wanna make your own or just look at what everyone else is running.

Feed them when they ask for it and not any sooner, if you buy a water only soil it wont need food for 2-3 months or more.. If at all..

Now go read a ton of shit.. I spent 6 years reading this forum before i finally started growing :D

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now go read a ton of shit.. I spent 6 years reading this forum before i finally started growing :D
Great advice. There are lots of threads on everything you need. I would also suggest reading and making a few informed decisions on what you want. Then ask specific questions there is simply to much to go over with such a general question.

Planning is important so pick one topic at a time and spend the time to understand them.

I suggest looking.... Grow space, media, light, water source, air exchange/flow, nutrients, electrical requirements, environment and environmental equipment.

Also it's important to include your goals, time commitment and well we know your experience

Dan789

Dan789

The only thing I'd add is that some strains need more feed/nutrients than others, so it's up to what the plant needs, and not necessarily something you can just plant and forget...no matter what soil you're using. imho.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Great advice. There are lots of threads on everything you need. I would also suggest reading and making a few informed decisions on what you want. Then ask specific questions there is simply to much to go over with such a general question.

Planning is important so pick one topic at a time and spend the time to understand them.

I suggest looking.... Grow space, media, light, water source, air exchange/flow, nutrients, electrical requirements, environment and environmental equipment.

Also it's important to include your goals, time commitment and well we know your experience
budget

multiply it by 25 and look around

as they mentioned

every question, or most

could very easily start a bar brawl

anywhere

at anytime

the LD growa

knows

you'll b back every 5min

and even primed themself

for mentoring

with their specific suggestions

gonna take much reading

every penny u ever earned

liberated

or will earn, or embezzle, or abscond with

the research

we're all here to share

except for aquaman

ya suspect

but saying

squeeze a few bats

kinda commits u and the bat handlers

what's going to b better for u

your space

your budget

there is a grip of lighting tech

there r 4.8 gazillion dirts

5.9 gazillion salts

organic communist infidel zealots

who wouldn't spit on salts if they were on fire

nasa based systems

like dirtman, here; of Atlantis

so it's not so simple

just walking in with a few magic beans

depending on strain

infinite and infinitely pricey factors

size is equally subjective

u like pot

u smoke pot

u wanna grow pot

u know the basics

sativas r sadistic bitches i can't lay off

forever chasing light n heat
the American way
to their own detriment

u like short squat indics

hybrids of unknown elevation potential n pains n my rear

are u goin to this

r u going to that

time to get buried in books

like the cat n the hat

isn't that something

6yrs

not so bad

yeah

i read for months n months

n still do

we have to stay current

if we want to give mimedgrower a vacation

aquaman... hopefully negotiated a vacation

i hear it could b a while

I'll keep em bizzee
😁🤪😇

you're asking about an investment

with one strain

5 beanz

in mind

do u intend to spend tens
hundreds
thousands
tens of thousands
on 5 seeds
or
do we feel we might look forward a bit
perhaps u have an indica
this go
perhaps u get crackhead ;P
hooked
like the rest of these very strange people
with one account for her
zero balance
one account for him
zero balance
one account for corona n Marlboro
fully stocked
one account for the garden
overdrawn
for the foreseeable future
one account for food stamps

many of the peeps here

started with 5 magic beans

and now kick themselves

with 5 magic tentz

and a grip of upgrades

piles of dusty old gear

flip a coin

give everything u own to charity

and end it now

or...

just try to think ahead

what if u hate it

what if you've discovered ur new heroin

Last edited:
M

MarceloBielsa

So 5-6 Plants in a 4x4 tent, your gonna want around 600W-700W draw from the wall. So a Spider Farm or a mars hydro 2000 that pulls around 300W each 2 of those in a 4x4 tent will do you well :D same as what im running atm.

Feed Get some organic Alaskan fish fertilizer no burn, And then maybe some Fox Farms big 3.

Get a super soil or a water only soil for the first few months, Ie Fox farms, Dr Earths, ect ect the ones with all the nutrients in it, NOT MIRACLE GROW, and nothing made with extended release fertilizers.

Read the forum for soil recipies if you wanna make your own or just look at what everyone else is running.

Feed them when they ask for it and not any sooner, if you buy a water only soil it wont need food for 2-3 months or more.. If at all..

Thank you very much for your help

M

MarceloBielsa

The only thing I'd add is that some strains need more feed/nutrients than others, so it's up to what the plant needs, and not necessarily something you can just plant and forget...no matter what soil you're using. imho.
Thank you for your advice. I thought that may have been too broad of a question for the specific strains category. Perhaps I should have used the basic growing tips section
I Will read read read before I make a start.
once again, thanks a lot

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

5'×5' for 5 Plants, Plus grinspoons are tall and lanky so you might only be able to fit 4? Depends how soon you decide to bloom them

grinspoon might be one of those strains you can start from 12/12 and grow straight through in bloom, maybe on your first attempt you might want to look into that? don't know about LED lights, good luck!

FourthCity

FourthCity

Im a complete newbie to growing weed, but I can’t find this strain anywhere so decided I’m going to have a shot at growing myself.

I have 5 feminised seeds bought directly from Barneys Farm in Amsterdam, but I’m still yet to buy any equipment. I’d prefer to use the tent method and use LED lights.

I know I haven’t chosen the easiest strain to begin with, as I’ve heard they take extra TLC, and take a long time from seed to smoke.

How big of a tent will I need to fit all 5 plants? How tall do they grow, which is the optimum wattage for the LED lights. What do they like to be fed and how often? Pot size? Soil? All of that stuff.

Thanks so much in advanceView attachment 994644View attachment 994645
You bring up some questions that would definitely be important before starting a new grow but Dr. Grinspoon is more novelty strain, I don't think you need to take growing it too seriously. Since it produces so little (relative to veg time), most people that grow it do so just for the experience and fun. I wouldn't worry about doing anything too complicated and recommend investing in your setup as little possible until you branch out to other strains. Like littledabbie said, a 4x4 is a good size starter tent and would certainly be big enough for 5 average grinspoons, I also agree with their recommended wattage for that tent size but with these plants specifically I think you would be fine with as little as 300 watts.

Top Bottom