Advice Needed, Ready To Harvest?

• Thread starter Rch69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rch69

Hello, I currently have 2 Grandaddy Purples, an Archangel, and a Super Sour Diesel. Today is the 47 day of flower. I have them growing in a 4x4 tent with 1440w of LED’s, temp 77°, humidity 31%. I’ve been feeding them Kellogg Organic Plus fish, kelp, molasses (2-2-2) the whole flowering stage with cal mag, and grotek monster bloom. I’ve read that these are roughly 9-11week plants, and recently the leaves have started to yellow and wilt, curl in. I am including pics, and was wondering if these look like they are normal end of harvest, or should I let go for another 2 weeks. I did do first flush today with Clearex, 2 gallons each plant, all ran clear, all in 3 gallon containers with Black Magic soil and manure mix. any questions please ask me, and thank you

Advice needed ready to harvest
Advice needed ready to harvest 2
Advice needed ready to harvest 3
Advice needed ready to harvest 4
Advice needed ready to harvest 5
Advice needed ready to harvest 6
Advice needed ready to harvest 7
Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

I'm far from expert but I'd say u have at least two weeks to go. Buds look good, maybe a ittle small for 7 weeks. U got to get ur self a jewels loupe to check trics. Best way to tell when buds are ready for desired affect, unless u been doing it a good while and the plants tell u.

R

Rch69

Yeah, I suck at that for the moment lol, was just thinking it was to,early for them, but I guess not, thought maybe a nitrate issue, but I haven’t changed anything nutrient wise. I have a jewelers loupe, just don’t know exactly what I’m looking at to make that decision of when to do what needs to be done, make sense? I will google and read up on how to, thanks

Monster762

Monster762

33CAE96C 50E2 4343 BE74 A7EC97902EE2
57432127 D4D3 4724 A92E 4EF404F51543
F2015814 008D 4529 9F5F D7140B75FFE5
Yeah, I suck at that for the moment lol, was just thinking it was to,early for them, but I guess not, thought maybe a nitrate issue, but I haven’t changed anything nutrient wise. I have a jewelers loupe, just don’t know exactly what I’m looking at to make that decision of when to do what needs to be done, make sense? I will google and read up on how to, thanks
It’s hard to explain. There will be little round heads at the end of the trich. Trichs are all the frost you see. Better to get look at multiple buds and not the leafs. Go right on the buds. When the head is clear you still got a ways. I would not recommend harvesting anything with clear trichs. As the thc and everything builds and the buds mature the heads will go cloudy. Milky looking. That’s the good stuff. Not all at one time though they will go cloudy then if you push further they will turn amber colored. I went for amber first grow. It does lose potency when it goes amber. So unless you specifically want cbd levels high I would not push to where I pushed this one. You can see the heads have deteriorated and are dark amber. Some amber is ok but I wouldn’t push full amber.

First pic is way amber. Not best for thc. Others are a mix of clear and you can see the heads just starting to cloud. Theses are still about 4 weeks from done. I didn’t have any perfect trich pics.

Your last 2 pics look close but others look to have couple weeks.
I’m no pro either though biggest deal is the dry n cure once it’s ready.

R

Rch69

That makes total sense, I am on it, I now know what to look for. As far as feeding since flushing them, should I cut nutes out all together and use straight RO water ph’d to 6.0 from here on out?

R

Rch69

Also, can I continue to water with the Grotek monster bloom to increase size of buds? Any tips or tricks I can use moving forward would be great, and thank you all again for help and advice, I greatly appreciate it, can’t wait to taste them!!!

Monster762

Monster762

Also, can I continue to water with the Grotek monster bloom to increase size of buds? Any tips or tricks I can use moving forward would be great, and thank you all again for help and advice, I greatly appreciate it, can’t wait to taste them!!!
Time is all that will really increase size. I would feed for another week then start flush.hit one heavy watering then just water regularly. Are the last 2 pics from a different plant? If so I would not feed that one. Just clean water. Those looks real close.

R

Rch69

The last 2 plants are the Grandaddy Purps, they do look close. I’ll flush them again in couple days when they dry out and watch the trichomes, the other 2 (very top is Super Sour Diesel, Archangel is 2nd pic). I will watch them for another week or so, different strain, different harvest times I understand. I was reading where some people cut the stem of plant and go 6/18 on lights to put plant into a stage where it produces more trichomes, this worth trying? Or am I too newbie for that lol

Monster762

Monster762

717E0DF8 4D18 4004 9048 96A972B2007F
The last 2 plants are the Grandaddy Purps, they do look close. I’ll flush them again in couple days when they dry out and watch the trichomes, the other 2 (very top is Super Sour Diesel, Archangel is 2nd pic). I will watch them for another week or so, different strain, different harvest times I understand. I was reading where some people cut the stem of plant and go 6/18 on lights to put plant into a stage where it produces more trichomes, this worth trying? Or am I too newbie for that lol
Never heard of that. I’m experimenting with the dark period before chop now. Trying 24 hrs dark 48hrs dark. This was 24 hrs dark on a little clone. Little nugs but frosty. I haven’t looked at the 48hr yet. Those gdp look close. I’d be putting a scope on them. The thing is there are so many theories and opinions on dark vs light at the end. Cause supposedly trichs are to protect from light. And are created during dark cycle. So longer dark more trichs. Yet if it does produce more these new trichs are clear. No real thc value. So idk I’m just experimenting. I’ve also read a test where supposedly harvesting same plants at end of dark cycle had lower thc than harvesting at end of light cycle. It’s all an experiment. Try what makes sense to you and see what you like better. I did different things with 4 clones of the same mother to see difference. All grown same room same time. I’ll know after dry n cure. But it’ll just be my opinion. No science backing it.
717E0DF8 4D18 4004 9048 96A972B2007F

R

Rch69

Very interesting, seems everybody has a different way of doing things, 100’s of ways, 1000’s of opinions lol

Monster762

Monster762

Last night was 68° when I peaked 25% humidity
Drop em just a little more see what happens. Plants respond to temps. You should see fading back of color in leaves but sometimes leaves will be green all the way. Especially if there’s still a hot source of nitrogen in flower.

R

Rch69

Ok, I can definitely do that, will make adjustment tonight, thank you

Top Bottom