Advice Needed

• Thread starter Og tater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og tater

Og tater

my buddy has leaves that are turning yellow from the bottom up , no bugs present at the time using coco loco she waters at 6.0 but the run off is around 6.5 using 4 lamp 4ft t5. Im thinking it might be nute burn. Natural co2 , just from open window sometimes. humidity in really low as well, so we use water to provide some humidity. temp is around 74

Advice needed
Advice needed 2
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
my buddy has leaves that are turning yellow from the bottom up , no bugs present at the time using coco loco she waters at 6.0 but the run off is around 6.5 using 4 lamp 4ft t5. Im thinking it might be nute burn. Natural co2 , just from open window sometimes. humidity in really low as well, so we use water to provide some humidity. temp is around 74
Lower your input

hiboy

hiboy

First leaves need to go anyways
Rh should be 60% minimum
Run off kinda high
Flush a couple days then refeed 250 ppm
Lights should be 24" away about
Hb

Og tater

Og tater

First leaves need to go anyways
Rh should be 60% minimum
Run off kinda high
Flush a couple days then refeed 250 ppm
Lights should be 24" away about
Hb
now you do know that the starter leaves have already fallen off.... so are u saying water at around 5.8 when she waters it something about the medium that prevents ph from dropping....i also suggested using regular plain seltzer water to spray on walls and surfaces in attempts to increase co2 in the air through evaporation instead of mainlining through the leaves

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
now you do know that the starter leaves have already fallen off.... so are u saying water at around 5.8 when she waters it something about the medium that prevents ph from dropping....i also suggested using regular plain seltzer water to spray on walls and surfaces in attempts to increase co2 in the air through evaporation instead of mainlining through the leaves
Or you could buy a product called nano breathe from better organix that actually works

Og tater

Og tater

after reading your comment and doing some research I recommended getting some cal- mag just purchased cal- mag by earthjuice hopefully that will take care of the hard water situation

Og tater

Og tater

well from what i was reading it seems to help break down the the nutes to where they can be absorbed better by the roots whereas hard water prevents certain nutes like cal and mag to be absorbed. And that both help the roots absorb other nutes as well..to the best of my knowledge..and as far as the hard water situation goes but, i was wrong, it will not fix the hard water issue but will help in a sense

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
well from what i was reading it seems to help break down the the nutes to where they can be absorbed better by the roots whereas hard water prevents certain nutes like cal and mag to be absorbed. And that both help the roots absorb other nutes as well..to the best of my knowledge..and as far as the hard water situation goes but, i was wrong, it will not fix the hard water issue but will help in a sense
I'm really unsure just how you expect adding calcium and magnesium to hard water would help? In any sense?

Peace

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
What nutrients are you feeding?
Does it have cal/mag in it?

I do see the beginning of a calcium deficiency in the upper leaves by the way.
But it also looks very good.
Best of luck.

Og tater

Og tater

coco loco medium with a little bit of dynamite mater magic mixed in..my ph tester is broken so had to revert back to the aquarium tester which we try to ph around 6.0 when feeding

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Well , that's not a great choice for cannabis growing.
You'll need to look into a complete feeding schedule in order to succeed.
Best of luck.
Peace

xenon730

xenon730

Calcium and magnesium are what make water hard(there's more to it but for this instance this works fine), you adding more will only make the problem worse.

you need a working ph pen asap. and are you feeding nutrients or just using time release mixed into the coco? coco is not a medium you want to do that with. you want to take advantage of the medium your using and in coco you have total control, unless you add a bunch of stuff to it that you can't control.

no harm in watering this one out to learn but i think you're missing some basics with your response to the calmag question. i recommend you research more about water quality, why you would use what medium(mostly comes down to how much you want to water), and what makes a plant food complete, and how to use ppm when feeding so you know what you're actually feeding your plants and why. you can just Google my keywords in the list and find answers.

you should then grab a balanced nutrient and just that. some easy and complete ones are canna coco a&b, gh flora trio, dynagro grow, and many others. that is all you need to grow good weed. anything else should be tested by you and added only if the results exceed the cost. almost no flashy bottle will do this and are almost all made from the same proven ingredients that you can add for a fraction of the price by just buying the active ingredient.

don't get discouraged, it's not difficult just has a definite learning curve. you need some base knowledge. check out npk university and harley smith videos. his intro to hydroponics classes have had international success from both industrial and private growers. he teaches the basics of hydroponics and plant care very well and you'll benefit tremendously from his videos.

but absolutely keep this plant and try your best. those experiences are invaluable.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
well i guess i need to start over from scratch then
No. Just get some nutrients for the plants. It's not a big deal.
No ph pen needed for such a small grow, just use pH drops, and some pH up and some pH down. You have a good start, the mater magic got you this far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom