Advice on a decent grow box setup for one plant?

• Thread starter Cosala562
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cosala562

Cosala562

I'm tired of out door plants , Damn bugs and not having control over the growing process bugs me. I want to start off with one indoor plant

hiboy

hiboy

I'm tired of out door plants , Damn bugs and not having control over the growing process bugs me. I want to start off with one indoor plant
Lots of work and costs for just one. I would do minimum 4 especially if your going from seed , u wont be sure of the sex,
U should probably stick with dirt, its simple and u done it before.
Or u could try coco
hb

Chobble

Chobble

I said that, Then I realized that the indoors breeds pests and bugs offering a perfect environment for them to live and breed in.

If your only looking to do one, Your going to waste a lot of time and money growing one, and getting an ounce or two every few months.

Chobble

S

Stoopid J

If you went with some form of SCROG you may be able to do better than that but... still not much out of one plant. Now 4 plants SCROGed you could pull some weight pretty quick.

bobby

bobby

Growing 1 plant indoors is not worth the resources and dedication necessary to succeed...but BC Northern Lights is a reputable grow box company. Supercloset is another one.

Determine what your goals are, then go backwards from there. If you need X amount of medication or personal smoke, then determine how often. 1 plant generally produces 2-4 ounces of final product, depending on the size.

If you want to simply do 1, then just hang a 150w HPS light from hydrofarm for $90 bucks, in your closet and call it a day. It will grow really well.

B

bckwht

You should check this forum for a member "tobor the 8th man"..he has a grow that he did with a 250w i think and it was only over a one plant scrog...he pulled like 80z..i know hes a stud grower but just shows it can be done..i believe he did it with The White so he didnt even really use a giant yielding strain to achieve it

treebark1950

treebark1950

Cabinetgrow has some pretty sick set ups, I've seen them at the trade shows and their boxes are WAY better then super closets IMVHO!

mrfixit

mrfixit

Every point made above is valid and has merit - Bobby hit it pretty well in his response. 2-4oz dry per plant is achievable with "3" being a decent avg.
It also comes down to a simple combination of factors - money to spend, space available, personal workload dependent, one strain or do you want to "experiment", degree of "stealth" needed, turnaround vs. ideal vs. "gaps" time frame.
I agree that 4 plants or a small short cycle SOG/SCROG is probably a best of space concept. If going from seed - you can spend 6 mos between harvests including a minimal cure time (and curing can make a huge difference - I go for 60 days minimum after initial drying).
As Bobby said - "start backwards" and I'll add "consider different scenarios".

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

for the time and the money just buy weed if you can only do 1. not worth it.

K

kolah

Save your cash. Improve your outdoor grow skills! Match genetics to climate, watch your plants daily and a little prayer goes a long way. Cheap too. A nice 10x20 greenhouse for 400 bucks will help as well. This baby is on my christmas list:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200418026_200418026

At 10 ft by 20 feet of space you can have a 2 foot walkway in the middle and 4 foot wide beds. You can put 7 plants on each side which would make each grow-box approx 3x4 and a total of 14 plants that can easily fit inside. Or just plop some plants in 5 gallon buckets. You'd probably stuff a shitload of buckets in that type of space.

Top Bottom