Advice on dealing with potential Bud Rot

• Thread starter kuruption50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuruption50

Just when I thought my grow was starting to go smoothly I've discovered what I think is bud rot. Only one of my 4 plants seem to be affected and of course its on the biggest and baddest colas. I saw a small sugar leave turn brown so I peeled open some of the buds and found brown patches. I cut and removed any buds with rot for now, just not sure how to proceed from here.

I have been bringing my plants inside my garage at night the last 4 days to prevent any theft as my backyard is beside a public path with a lot of foot traffic during day and night. Also to protect them from night time rainfall. Temperature inside my garage is between 65-70° and RH is between 60-65. I have a dehumidifier and two circ fans running in there to move air.

The other option is leaving them outside where the Temperature was 65° and RH of 53 at night but this morning temp was 50° and RH of 80.

Am I better to leave them outside and risk theft and rain or indoors at night? Not sure if one or the other is contributing to bud rot.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Advice on dealing with potential bud rot

20230914_071946-jpg.2040325

Advice on dealing with potential bud rot 3

Advice on dealing with potential bud rot 2
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

you can try your luck and push the plant a week or two or harvest everithing asap, i have done both depending the weather forecast, but you won't succeed at all time against mold if it continue to spread better to chop.

K

kuruption50

you can try your luck and push the plant a week or two or harvest everithing asap, i have done both depending the weather forecast, but you won't succeed at all time against mold if it continue to spread better to chop.
Based on my temp and RH readings would indoor or outdoor at night give me my best chance at pushing for another week or two? What should I be looking for in the forecast to determine whether or not to push or chop?

3cats

3cats

Based on my temp and RH readings would indoor or outdoor at night give me my best chance at pushing for another week or two? What should I be looking for in the forecast to determine whether or not to push or chop?
Chop now and salvage what you can. You can't see the spores spread. A black light can help you see the rot but I'd chop and avoid it spreading. I had it on 2 plants last run and I tossed my biggest buds because of it but I'm smoking the rest. I could have gone another 10 days too but I'd rather half half of everything than all of nothing

Top Bottom