advice on electrics and environment.

• Thread starter canopia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canopia

I have a a twin socket one plug is used for the tv aerial or it is is used for an adapter which is then used for the aerial. Leaving one socket spare.

I'm planning to purchase a complete tent kit. If I was to put a 4 socket adapter in the spare socket would that be ok? would the socket be able to handle it?

The 4 socket adapter would be used for the 600w light ballast, contactor timer, intake and extractor fan.

So, with this in mind is it safe? Don't want to be setting off any fires.

Next, the tent will probably be in the loft. In winter it will get fairly cold -5C at the most during the night outside. The loft is well insulated.

What can be done to help with the cold?

G

grnmountainboy

you will usually only want to run about 10 amps on any circuit, unless its a 240 circuit. a thousand watt setup is about 10 amps, so if you use an extension cord and run it to a different circuit for the tv then you should be ok. you never want to test these things and see if the circuit will handle it- it could end in a fire.

C

canopia

Is the circuit one socket from the twin sockets meaning 10A can be handled by each socket? Or is the circuit both sockets included and therefore anything running from the twin socket collectively has to amount to 10A or less?

hiboy

hiboy

Dont use the 4 socket adapter. Instead buy a surge protector with a metal casing, not that plastic krap. The possibilty of power draw depends if your outlet is on a 20 or 15 amp breaker. Either way though if your drawing too much the breaker will trip as long as its operating correctly.
h

Top Bottom