Advice on how many lamps/reflectors

• Thread starter Norwaygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Norwaygreen

Hi guys, i was wondering how many reflectors/lights i should put in my tent. Its 2,5meter x 2,5 and 2 meter tall. I want to put as many plants as i can in this tent. And my plan was to put a 100 plants inside. Any thoughts or tips?🙂 greetings from Norway 🙋‍♂️

N

Norwaygreen

you want 4 lamp that cover 1,20m x 1,20m (4x4)

if you go with HPS 4 hps 600W or 1000W for example

if you go with led wich tend to be a better option than HPS nowdays then spiderfarmer, viparspectra, phlizon, mars hydro all offer some good options.

You want to go with 4 x 500W to 700W led panels.
Thanks, i have 8 lamps in total 600w hps and my plan was to put in 4 in this tent. Thank you for your answer😃

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hi guys, i was wondering how many reflectors/lights i should put in my tent. Its 2,5meter x 2,5 and 2 meter tall. I want to put as many plants as i can in this tent. And my plan was to put a 100 plants inside. Any thoughts or tips?🙂 greetings from Norway 🙋‍♂️
A common guide for estimating wattage for LED lights is 30 watts per square foot of floor space.

2.5 meters = 8.2 feet.

Thus...
8.2 x 8.2 = 67 square feet.
67 x 30 = 2017 watts.

If it were me doing it, I'd consider dividing the tent into four quadrants and use a separate bar light for each.

I'll also add that I have followed the 30 watt per square foot guide, but I seldom use more than half that much power. I'm currently running my lights at 40% in both tents.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

You will be fine with 4 600w HPS there, go for it ;-)
Get some good spread reflectors like the matrix, the best reflectors I've used, loved them, really nice even spread .

Latest posts

Top Bottom