advice on lighting

• Thread starter norcalgro530
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
norcalgro530

norcalgro530

can anybody point me in the direction of some decent cob leds? I'm on a pretty tight budget right now so I can't spend much more than $200, I'm using a cheap LED right now and I don't think it will do much for flower on it's own. any advice is appreciated!

BloodShot

BloodShot

can anybody point me in the direction of some decent cob leds? I'm on a pretty tight budget right now so I can't spend much more than $200, I'm using a cheap LED right now and I don't think it will do much for flower on it's own. any advice is appreciated!
Check out BigCube, he has a grow diary here and uses a cob fixture in a 3x3 tent I believe.
he seems to do well by it.
@BigCube..

BigCube

BigCube

Check out BigCube, he has a grow diary here and uses a cob fixture in a 3x3 tent I believe.
he seems to do well by it.
@BigCube..

Hey 😀

I've been using the x5 cob from Amazon.
So far it's been kicking ass. With no training just topped once, I got 215g from one plant. Almost a gram a watt without trying is pretty good. I am i the middle of scrogging one right now too, if you check my grow journal you an find all the pics and stuff.

For $105 Canadian you can't complain 🤣

norcalgro530

norcalgro530

that sounds pretty damn decent! is the x5 a specific brand? sounds like it's worth looking into for sure!

BigCube

BigCube

that sounds pretty damn decent! is the x5 a specific brand? sounds like it's worth looking into for sure!

I've bought 3 now, 1 for me 2 for my dad. They came from different sellers but the units are exactly the same. I'm sure they are made in some China factory and other people buy them in bulk and sell them.

But I can vouch for their ability. They spec out very nice. The only unknown is how long they will last. But at 100$ a pop, even if they only last a year I'm ok with it. I'll probably buy another one just cause they are cheap and to have a spare around incase I need it.

Search Amazon for X5 COB
You'll see them. Not the burple one but the sunlite one. Perfect spectrum, only 250w from the wall, only heats the tent up by 2 or 3 degrees and it's cheap! What's not to like? Lol

20190808 120546

20190820 103609

norcalgro530

norcalgro530

looks like I'll be ordering one tonight. do you think 1 will be okay for a 3x3x6 tent? at that price I might just get a couple of them. oh and those sure are some purty flowers, you got me sold on this light. thanks for the info i appreciate it.

BigCube

BigCube

looks like I'll be ordering one tonight. do you think 1 will be okay for a 3x3x6 tent? at that price I might just get a couple of them. oh and those sure are some purty flowers, you got me sold on this light. thanks for the info i appreciate it.

That's what mine is in, a 3x3x6 vivosun.
Ive said it before and I'll say it again, it's almost too much light for a 3x3. But the plants love it lol.

Check out my diary, they amount of growth is amazing. The only other lights I've used are florecent and HPS. I am seeking the kind of growth I would expect from a 1000w HPS. Maybe even better. I'm sure the spectrum has a lot to do with it.

norcalgro530

norcalgro530

got one ordered tonight. curious as to how long they will last. and I went through your diary, man you are killing it with that cob setup. I can't wait to see how my ladies like it, they are just under a 128 watt cheap LED it seems to be doing okay so I'm sure they will love the new one 🤘

Top Bottom