Advice on max yield method for med grow.

• Thread starter jimbobthe3rd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimbobthe3rd

Hi there, i'm normally at ICMag but haven't received too much friendly advice there ._. so i thought i'd venture over here and ask some of the pro med growers here their advice.

I currently have a limit to 18 plants, and my grow room area will be 19'x7.5' with a control room of 9.5'x7.5'.

Due to the skinny sort of hall-way type room it is, i was thinking of running two rows down the room, in an undercurrent style, at the current dimensions with 40" centers, and approx 30" inbetween the rows, i could go with 8 rather big sized plants in 13gal tubs with 8" net pots. For max yield the 8 plants would have yield 1.5lbs-2lbs, i think this would be possible, since my budget can account for up to 10 600w lights and 4 1000w lights.

Do you think i should stick with a 8 site UC and aim for 1.5lbs-2lbs per plant? Or go with a SOG style grow, in ebb&flow with the full 18 plants, or go for a bucket rdwc/bio bucket setup with 8-12 plants? I know my limit is 18 plants, but it's more the fact of the size of my grow room which limits me. But i just wanted to get some advice on the type of grow you guys would recommend for max yield in my type of grow room, thanks again!

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
First off not sure what you growing experiance is or how well your grows have gone in the past? Have you ever grown RDWC?

J

jimbobthe3rd

I have not grown RDWC before, but i've grown soil hydro indoor for many years. I have read every page of your grow in UC jack, and done more research on it, i believe the research i have undertaken (ive taken down notes on everything from jacks+texs grows) will enable me to half-what give this UC grow a good try. Thanks for your reply jack & square, i thought i was invisible XD.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
your not invisible jim>>>>>>your first ten post are moderated to make sure your not an asshole from the get go so to speak:) There are lots of fellas running this method that will steer you right>>>>>Jack being one of em.
good luck
:passingjoint:

gtd

L

Lost

MPB's!!!

lol

Go verticle, and pick a grow style. If growing is your life and you can spend money on a full custom MPB setup. If you have a little less $$ and want something pre-made, super high quality, basically plug and play with a little less maintence than the MPB's then Undercurrent is a great way to go. If you like soil, then why not try 20-30 gallon coco? Just buy a trash can, pop a few holes in the bottom.. Fill the bottom 1/3 with chunky perlite.. Never tried it, but i have done 15 gallon coco. it did pretty well..

Just go verticle..

and mpb's and undercurrent are probablly the besy easy yielders out there. Someone is going to say what about aero.. Sure if you want to.. I always hear about clogged nozzles. but..

Welcome to the site!

J

jimbobthe3rd

Thanks guys!

Lost: I realllllllllly want to go verticle, BUT i'm not sure if i have enough room? As i said my room is only 94 inches wide, the buckets are 20 inches wide, myself running two rows of plants, putting verticle lights in the middles/outside middles of the plants, i'm not sure if i can run vertical in this small a width room, could someone offer me advice on my layout? Thankyou, i've spaced the pots out for 13" growth diametre outside the pot before hitting the next pot, but this doesn't really agree with my lightning setup.

I'll upload a small-paint style layout of the room so you can understand my dilemma :).

As you can see, running vert lights leaves very little room for growing the girl outside her pot :S? Is there an alternate light layout that would give the girls more room for the specs of my room? I'm still really keen to run vert lights, thanks in advance!

http://img443.invalid.com/img443/5803/vertlayout.jpg

sky high

sky high

Yo jim.

I'm on my first UC run. The other guys have more experience but I wanted to comment just the same...

IMO, you don't have enough room for a dual/side-by-side bucket set up....like an 8 XL/etc.

Idea: If you are constructing this yourself..... what about just doing a single row of buckets on one side of the 2-3" pvc...and no buckets on the other side? Never seen it done.....but I think it would work. Then you could run lights on both sides of the room and have shitloads of space to grow trees. with only 9.5' of width you won't be able to get from one end of the space to the other without crawling under the plants on the floor and they will certainly grow against the wallls (leavin no space for lights to hang down to the side).

just an idea. I'm doing 6 - 13 gals in a room that is about 11 x 11 and it's reallly too many plants for that room.... next time I may only do 4.....or veg less...but either way.... even 11' of width isn't enough to contain these beasts properly. (IMO)

lookin forward to seein what you do....

s h

J

jimbobthe3rd

Hm, im starting to fear you are right sky high that it's not going to be wide enough to fit all my girls in, do any of these layouts below take your fancy? Through layout 1-3, im sort of leaning towards layout 1 or 2, given it's all the same specs as the room dimensions mentioned in the previous image posted. Your advice is greatly appreciated :))).http://img42.invalid.com/img42/4079/vertlayout2.jpg

FLB

FLB

Yo Jimbob....Just dont make the same mistakes I did. Buying into all the hoopla thats out there on the market. Keep doing what you know and phase in slowly any new techniques/methods. Your room size is pretty narrow to do alot of vertical lighting. My room is 9'6" and should only have one row if your growing the big girls. I would spend equal amounts on enviroment control as I would wattage. Can't have one without the other or I should say too much of one and not the other. Creates problems that can devastate a crop. I'm guilty of too much wattage and not enough enviroment. Heat/moisture stress and hot root zones have put a hurtin on me. I just hope I can make it another 4 weeks. Lessons learned: Keep it simple, give them a full regiment of food, good ratio of light to enviroment. And stay away from all the fancy bottles of CRAP.

J

Jalisco Kid

A simple Krusty grow from what i hear will beat mb's or uC's. I hear they are not hitting the 2 lb/plant while you can do that with a Krusty bucket system. If you have the money then I would say a GM 1000 system. The above poster is right. If you can't go 65w/sq', 78* air, 70% rh, 68* water you would be wasting your time. JK

sky high

sky high

JK speaks the wisdom re environments/etc.

From the diagrams you've posted...#2 is where >>I<< would head if I were you. Less plants surrounded by lights with some room to move both yourself about...and your lights/etc about as things progress. You could still do a UC....keeping the width of the system narrow and just slightly stagger the buckets. Follow?

fun stuff. A real learning process here. I hope it works welll for you.

s h

J

jimbobthe3rd

thanks for all your input guys!! i've decided to do some serious re-thinking, it would cost me atleast 2000-2500$ extra for horizontal cooling hoods, so i've rather decided to put that money into expanding my grow area. Here is the new layout plan, sky high, could i get your opinion on this ^^? I've gone with 20" from pot to wall, which gives 12" growing outside the pot with 8" spare space for the naked bulb :D. And 60" centers for plenty of moving space, the plant has the capacity to grow up to 3.6 ft wide & 5-6+ft tall. Surely with this light pattern, it's getting blasted from every angle, i can get a good yield off of some nice big trees :).

Please let me know your opinions on my grow room plan! It's being built as we speak :D. I look forward to posting a journal once the construction has been finished.

http://img697.invalid.com/img697/7374/vertlayoutdraft.jpg

J

jimbobthe3rd

Anyone think i have too many lights for the plant number :x? It's almost double T_T.

Top Bottom