Advice on mini ductless split systems

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

My 2.5 ton fujitsu is super quiet and has no problem keeping my sealed 14k room's in check. Well 108 outside was pushing its limets. But that not to comin around here. Maybe one day a year.

2.5tons or 30,000 BTUs keeps your 14000 watts cool with zero duct???? DAMN! I run 2 tons in 6000w rooms and its borderline..

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

30,700 to be excact. All my lights are 8 inch air cold, running 5 lights in a row, with a 740 cfm fans pulling outside air throw the hoods. burning co2, ballast mounted outside the room.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

30,700 to be excact. All my lights are 8 inch air cold, running 5 lights in a row, with a 740 cfm fans pulling outside air throw the hoods. burning co2, ballast mounted outside the room.

OOoooohh air cooled...Do you have problems wasting CO2 through your ducting?

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Throw the ducting no, I dont believe so. I have 2 different rooms with different hoods in each.
Block buster's in one, hydrofarm raident's in the other. The SS are a pritty solid desine, not loosing any throw them. The Hydrofarms are POS IMO, the sealing on them sucks, I have to be loosing some throw them, but still not much. My ducting is insolated so that helps alot. Not porse like some of the others ducting I have used ether.

Ive been using the insolated ducting from Home D.way cheeper then the crap the hydro shops sell...

LBH

LBH

fwiw, I'm running Klimaire units here with Toshiba compressors, not the quietest. Best of luck

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Great info in this thread. Im actually in the market for a mini split myself. Does anyone have a link for a supplier with awesome prices? Lookin for a good deal on a great unit. Not a cheap on for cheap. U do get what u pay with,products like that.

N

noone88

I have a whole bunch of Fujitsu Halycons. They work great.

I also just self-installed an Ideal-air minisplit. For the price and the precharged lines, it's a good bargain. Not hard to install at all.

S

Stoneman

I like the use of outside air ducted direct to the lights. This air is going to be exhausted so why bother to cool it. Excellent energy saving method we dont always use. Be sure to use insulated ducts, they act like radiators if left bare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom