Advice on Nanner in week 7

• Thread starter azbassist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

azbassist

I'm growing LA confidential, NYC diesel, and Maui Wowie and they are all in week 7 of flower. LAC and NYCD should be finished in 2 to 4 weeks. MW probably has 4+ weeks to go. It's in a spare bedroom, not a tent. I found 1 nanner on my Maui Wowie. It wasn't really noticeable to a novice like me, but I caught it as I was zooming in with my phone to check out the trichomes. I'm not going to stress out and kill the plant because I don't mind dealing with seeds (I grew up in the 80's lol). I would however like to see if anyone has a good course of action to minimize the damage. I'm going to get some tweezers and pull it off the bud, but I'm wondering if I should spray the bud with water first. I'm guessing getting the bud wet isn't horrible because outdoor plants get rained on all the time. I guess typing this up answered my own question, but looking for any other advice that may help.

Advice on nanner in week 7
Advice on nanner in week 7 2
Advice on nanner in week 7 3

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I'm growing LA confidential, NYC diesel, and Maui Wowie and they are all in week 7 of flower. LAC and NYCD should be finished in 2 to 4 weeks. MW probably has 4+ weeks to go. It's in a spare bedroom, not a tent. I found 1 nanner on my Maui Wowie. It wasn't really noticeable to a novice like me, but I caught it as I was zooming in with my phone to check out the trichomes. I'm not going to stress out and kill the plant because I don't mind dealing with seeds (I grew up in the 80's lol). I would however like to see if anyone has a good course of action to minimize the damage. I'm going to get some tweezers and pull it off the bud, but I'm wondering if I should spray the bud with water first. I'm guessing getting the bud wet isn't horrible because outdoor plants get rained on all the time. I guess typing this up answered my own question, but looking for any other advice that may help.

View attachment 2136074View attachment 2136075View attachment 2136076
Nanners pollinate right away. They aren't like normal pollen sacs that take a while. Just pull them off as you see them. If it's only 1 maybe harvest that one a little early

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
You also look like you have pretty decent tip burn, maybe feeding a bit much possibly. Maybe the light is a bit much, 🤷‍♂️ live and learn, some varieties are very finicky

A

azbassist

You also look like you have pretty decent tip burn, maybe feeding a bit much possibly. Maybe the light is a bit much, 🤷‍♂️ live and learn, some varieties are very finicky
The lights are very close, like 4" from the top of canopy. That's what I did with my first grow and it came out better than I expected for a first time grower. They are LED light bars and 15watts each and I have 6 of them spaced 3" apart. They don't generate any noticeable heat so I figured what I lacked in wattage I could make up in distance. Perhaps a bad move? It's in a 5 gallon bag and it gets 1/2 gallon of water with FoxFarm trio nutes about 2x a week, and a 1/2 gallon of plain water about once a week. I use a moister tester and water and/or feed it when it gets into the dry area of the meter. Mostly works out to watering every 2 days, sometimes every 3 days. I did notice burnt tips on my last grow and on my other current plants as well. Think I should pull the lights up this far in the game or will that stress them more? My temps are pretty good, around 70 at night and 76 during the day. The humidity gets up to 68 some days while I'm at work and I open up the door about once a day and blow the humid air out once a day to get it down to 50%. I tried a dehumidifier but the room gets up to 85 degrees with it in there. I have a couple humidity bags up in there that collect some water but they don't do a whole lot. I'm not an avid smoker, I just like a little indica before bed to help sleep and some sativa now and then on the weekends for a decent little buzz. Half of my last grow went to friends. I'm a bit of a perfectionist though so I find myself spending more time and money than I first expected lol. Thanks for the input.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
The lights are very close, like 4" from the top of canopy. That's what I did with my first grow and it came out better than I expected for a first time grower. They are LED light bars and 15watts each and I have 6 of them spaced 3" apart. They don't generate any noticeable heat so I figured what I lacked in wattage I could make up in distance. Perhaps a bad move? It's in a 5 gallon bag and it gets 1/2 gallon of water with FoxFarm trio nutes about 2x a week, and a 1/2 gallon of plain water about once a week. I use a moister tester and water and/or feed it when it gets into the dry area of the meter. Mostly works out to watering every 2 days, sometimes every 3 days. I did notice burnt tips on my last grow and on my other current plants as well. Think I should pull the lights up this far in the game or will that stress them more? My temps are pretty good, around 70 at night and 76 during the day. The humidity gets up to 68 some days while I'm at work and I open up the door about once a day and blow the humid air out once a day to get it down to 50%. I tried a dehumidifier but the room gets up to 85 degrees with it in there. I have a couple humidity bags up in there that collect some water but they don't do a whole lot. I'm not an avid smoker, I just like a little indica before bed to help sleep and some sativa now and then on the weekends for a decent little buzz. Half of my last grow went to friends. I'm a bit of a perfectionist though so I find myself spending more time and money than I first expected lol. Thanks for the input.
Ok so humidity should not get over 60% in flower, definitely raise the lights a bit. Also I don't use them but I heard fox farm nutes suck, I like thier soil though. I would cut back what your feeding to half strength and maybe change up next grow. I hear advanced is good

Latest posts

Top Bottom