Advice on setup please

• Thread starter roxy002
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
roxy002

roxy002

Well my intentions are to set up a hydro system of some sort in the loft/attic. The area is quite big, so I'm gonna insulate and board out the full loft, as it is very cold up there at the moment. I plan to install a radiator, running water, and electric.

This is the equipment I have so far: 6 x 600w ballasts, reflectors and lamps, 2 x 150w ballasts, reflectors and lamps, 1 x dehumidifier, 2 x osculating fans, 1 x large 10" carbon filter, 1 x 10" inline fan, 1 x 8" inline fan.

I'm in the process of building a large aeroponic propagator, so clones wont be a problem. I'm thinking of building my own system, but unsure what to go for? Ideally it will be one with minimum maintenance.

There is a few things that I think could cause problems, so if anyone has had any experience growing in attics then advice is appreciated:

10" fan is very noisy (neighbour used to be the town mayor and is a curtain twitcher)
Heat signatures for the choppers to detect?
Controlling temperature?
System needs to be very stable, as leaks would be catastrophic!
Smell floating into attic next door?

Luckily we only have one neighbour, so its better than worrying about 2! But she is a right old nosey bag.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Oh, and I have just germinated 5 big bud, 1 x confidential cheese and 1 x Afghan haze, which I will be cloning.

101 Runner

101 Runner

If your worried about fan noise run a silencer and dynomat the shit out of it. If that isn't enough you can run the whole thing in a sealed box with a smaller hole cut out to totally silent mode. Don't worry about choppers that is the least of your worries..

hiboy

hiboy

Main decision for growing is your experience. You want something basic if ur new, or if ur experienced you might already have an idea.

h

K

killerkane37

DWC (bubble bucket) for a small grow or even rDWC 4-16 plants (trees). I would personally use vertical lighting but i've seen and heard of some pretty impressive yields from horizontal. There are plenty of DIYs on this site to show you every thing you need to know to build. As far as leaks go you would want to test it first and foremost and there are plenty of leak prevention techniques for these systems. How high is your ceiling? That also has alot to do with your system capabilities.

R

Rushed

If your worried about choppers, I would use this stuff.

It acts as an IR burrier and a vapor burrier, if installed right. (It insulates also 6.0)

Good Luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom