advice on using the EZ cloner, please.

• Thread starter chromedoggy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chromedoggy

chromedoggy

We filled the cloner with nice looking cuttings from a reputable friend, Mars OG, Truthband, the Truth, and Girl Scout Cookie. They ALL died. we have had good luck with this machine before, but also had some not-so-good luck. Any tips on procedures to increase successful rooting would be appreciated.

THANKS!!

~ Chromey

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

Under a T-5 light, in a heated room with a dehum set at 60

wonka

wonka

i have used my ez cloner 60 for about 5 years with great sucess.. i use a compact floro 95 watt that i hang 3-4 feet about machine.. found less light the better.. ph my water to 5.5 - 5-8.. ph will rise again with in 24 hrs so u will have to check and re adjust.. i just use plain tap water that i have let sit out for 24-48 hrs.. also set my cloner on a timer for 30 min / on - 30 min / off.. keeps water temps in check... big thing is to also make sure u clean ur cloner really well after each use... i add about a cup of clorox and run it for a few hrs.. drain and fill with plain water and run for a few.. doing that part with plain water 3-4 times.. just what works for me and hope u find it helpful..

w.wonka

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

Wow, that's a really low pH...What do you pH your plants in veg at? are you vegging in water or soil?
Thanks so much for the advice, I think this could really help. Will give it a try.

wonka

wonka

Ez cloner is a form of hydroponics.. So the ph is were u would need it to be.. I veg my plants in soilless / pro mix Bx at 6.3 using mainly organic nutes...

W.Wonka

jkbeing

jkbeing

Under a T-5 light, in a heated room...
Did you water smell bad in your cloner?

After running 3 cups of bleach/10 gallons of water through my EZ clone 60 for a few hours, I drain and refill with tap water. Run for 20 minutes and drain. Then, I put tap water in (7.1pH/140ppm), I take a clone, stick it in Dip-n-grow and stick it in a collar. I turn it on for a minute, when I'm halfway done. Then I leave it on for two days straight, no lights. On the third day I drain the cloner, and fill up again with tap water. I turn on the shoplight above them. I find that the clones can take a good amount of wind in the cloners. Should take no more then 14 days to be out the cloner.

jkbeing

jkbeing

Why do you drain it and refill it on the 3rd day?

I start getting a little bit of foam by the 3rd day, might be the Dip-n-grow. Drain and then I won't get any bits of foam till the 15th day. I usually put them in coco cups on day 13.

I think the bit of clorine in tap water is good. I seem to have quite a bit of calcium in my tap as well.
I added 300pmm of food for day 11 and 12 this last cloning, the plants seem pretty happy in their cups.

Top Bottom