Advice On When To Flip

• Thread starter Sctanley007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sctanley007

First of all, thank you to everyone for the advice of my previous post. This is been a great learning experience and I have been doing tons of reading but as with any new adventure I have made plenty of mistakes but I’m happy with the outcome so far.

This is my first grow and I’m using space buckets with oceans forest and 150 W LED with computer fans. I’ve been using grow big and today is day 30. I grew these from bag seed but I do know that these are Dutch treat.

The leaves started to get a little bit burnt and I’m not sure if it was the LEDs or spraying deluded nutes but for now I stopped with the spraying and raised the lights a bit.

My question is when to flip to flowering. I currently have the lights on 24/0 and the plants are about 5 inches tall with nice thick main stems and tight growth. I know weeks aren’t as important as growth and I am not looking for huge plants but a good harvest for a first time grow. Plus, I’m totally itching to flip them and see if I have any girls.

Should or could I flip them now (I know that technically I can flip them at any point) but should I wait for them to get taller? I know that they will at least double in flowering.

Here’s pics of two of the three plants.

Thanks for any help.

Advice on when to flip
Advice on when to flip 2
Advice on when to flip 3
Advice on when to flip 4
Advice on when to flip 5
Advice on when to flip 6
Advice on when to flip 7
DGP

DGP

You can flip almost anytime you want but I think they are too small. I would wait till they are bigger. Maybe 2 to 3 weeks more depending on how fast they grow.

Dee

H

heisen

I see something in the leaves starting to show a problem but I was unsure what it was.

Dee
yellowing between the veins,magnesium issue prob due to high PH in the soil.its a classic symptom.Magnesium needs a slightly lower ph range to be absorbed.Looks like they are a little over watered also.roots need oxygen and the crinkling leaves is also a symptom.Not much he can do about the ph issue but i would hold off on any more waterings.

plants in pots dont need that much water or nutrients especially with lower wattage lights and cooler temps.the watering and nutrient schedule should line up with the light intensity and humidity in the room.

S

Sctanley007

Of course I just watered the plants today before the picture because they were dry. If it is magnesium I have read that I can add Epson salt to the water. I guess, at this point, my question is do I just re-water the plants today with the Epson salt and then let them dry out since they’re ready wet and in need of magnesium Or do I just wait until I watered them next time.

My apologies in advance if these are stupid questions but as I said my learning curve right now is huge and I can’t exactly ask the owner of the local greenhouse or do I just wait until I water them next time.

yellowing between the veins,magnesium issue prob due to high PH in the soil.its a classic symptom.Magnesium needs a slightly lower ph range to be absorbed.Looks like they are a little over watered also.roots need oxygen and the crinkling leaves is also a symptom.Not much he can do about the ph issue but i would hold off on any more waterings.

plants in pots dont need that much water or nutrients especially with lower wattage lights and cooler temps.the watering and nutrient schedule should line up with the light intensity and humidity in the room.

H

heisen

Keep lifting the pots and get a feel for when they dry out.they will let you know when they need water.you will see them start to wilt.wilting is not a bad thing to get a feel for how often you should water them.after you water them they will perk right up in a couple hours.
No more nutrients just add the epson salts or calcium magnesium in on the next watering.
Watch the new growth forget the old.the new growth will tell you how they are doing

H

heisen

I tested the ph (runoff) and it shows between 6-7
Yeah man testing runoff in a pot is like taking a dump and telling what you had for lunch the day before.impossible to know because of your starting water ph and the water is just running through.
I can look at your plant and tell your ph is high

Top Bottom