Advice/Opinions On The Seedlings (Haven't Grown in a Long Time)

• Thread starter euphoriaup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
euphoriaup

euphoriaup

Hey all,

I just wanted to get a little opinion on how things are looking, haven't grown since 2016 and just want to make sure all is looking good.

I have five plants , two Grandpa's Stash, two Purple Sunset and one Banana Daddy (she suffered an accident this morning) hence the heavy drooping. (Hopefully she pulls through.)

Just for general info I'm using FFOF and plan on not feeding for about 5 weeks give or take as I've read the soil is pretty "hot". Other than that i have well water with a high ph that i bring down with a little vinegar and let sit overnight before watering, they've only really been fed two or three times with a mister bottle and i do let that top soil runoff slow. These are all lit under two 150w LED panels about 20ish inches from them.

Thanks to anyone who has any solid advice and if you have any questions let me know.

Banana daddy
Grandpas stash 1
Grandpas stash 2
Purple sunset 1
Purple sunset 2
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
You don’t want loads of light on seedlings anyways as you said yourself with the light readings.

As they get older and you put it on 75% witch is the max I’d have a led you’ll want to raise it to 20-36” however there not there yet and are still seedlings and remain so till about the third week.

The dropping one is overwatered its why it’s dropping let it dry and you could also use something to prop it up

euphoriaup

euphoriaup

You don’t want loads of light on seedlings anyways as you said yourself with the light readings.

As they get older and you put it on 75% witch is the max I’d have a led you’ll want to raise it to 20-36” however there not there yet and are still seedlings and remain so till about the third week.

The dropping one is overwatered its why it’s dropping let it dry and you could also use something to prop it up
Lol the dripping one got knocked out of its pot this morning and i had that panic of getting her back into the pot carefully, she's being propped up by some toothpicks, hoping the root will take.

euphoriaup

euphoriaup

starting 3th week... based on plant size... Carefully observe symptoms on leaves from light.
On vivosun website is ppfd map.
I took a look and they recommend two feet at this point and that's about where they were when i had posted and we can see that minor stretching, ill run about 18inches from the plants and see if it helps.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I took a look and they recommend two feet at this point and that's about where they were when i had posted and we can see that minor stretching, ill run about 18inches from the plants and see if it helps.
that could be to close
I’d stay at the 24” mark they probably stopped stretching already and leds can be very intense you don’t want to burn them not at this age
They look fine honestly they stretched a tiny bit but nothing massive

Lol poor thing it will recover i guess I’ve done worse.

Newty

Newty

starting 3th week... based on plant size... Carefully observe symptoms on leaves from light.
On vivosun website is ppfd map.
I would not use Vivosuns ppfd map, the whole advertisement is pretty much a lie.

They claim LM301H with 2.9 efficiency but that was the old/better light, they changed the light a couple years back and the actual diodes are LM301D with 2.7 efficiency. This is for the all the VS series lights.
I have 2 VS4000 and when I contacted them about false advertising, they said they would update the ad and then ignored me.

Newty

Newty

I like running my VS4000 at 18", my lights stay at 20%-40% in veg.

euphoriaup

euphoriaup

Welp I’ve been without any light on the plants since 3pm due to power outages in my area, put the plants in some domes to help humidity over night but not much else I can do other than that.

euphoriaup

euphoriaup

Just wanted to provide a little update, everything survived minus the Banana Daddy but that's on me lol, started germination on two new BD seeds last night and they were ready in the morning and are now in some solo cups with domes. When we lost power i did end up putting the plants outside during the day for light and you can see how stretched the Purple Sunset got trying to find light in the window sill, (it was too cold past 5pm for them to be out).

IMG 0600
IMG 0601
IMG 0604
IMG 0605
IMG 0602
IMG 0603
IMG 0606
Top Bottom