Advice please :)

• Thread starter Dirtymuckel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey sorry to be a pest again just wondering if anyone could give me a quick update. Still haven’t received the new soil so I’m still riding this stuff fs plant looks soo weird tho lol anybody any ideas? Keeping it in the plastic cup dome for a bit of humidity and temperatures at night although I did start bringing the plant inside if it dropped to 11 degrees
Hey dirty , yea i have a few quick ideas , i can offer more when i get the energy to type , first of all ive heard seeds are tough to get in australia , im just guessing thats where you are from
Can you make it easier on yourself and start up at least 6 more seeds ? That way you will have back up if a couple turn male or suffer from start like yours is doing ,

Second idea , can you get an inexpensive led bulb and baby your seedling indoors away from the hard sun and elements ....
Seedlings need a good amount of babying...

Your seedling looks stressed from nutrients or ph or a few issues , the krinkled leaves dont look genetic like you find in some strains , they look damaged , though overall they have nice color and seem pretty tough , considering...

Actually i guess from second glance that the plant is not really a seedling or baby anymore , you will need to straighten out your grow medium , deff add 25 % perlite for drainage , my advice though , if it continues slow and deformed like its been doing , toss it and start fresh if you can , not worth the headache , should be off to a better start , sometimes you will struggle and waste time when problems begin so soon in grow .....

Last edited:
Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

I’ve had those little weird leaves before. It will work itself out.
Legen bro appreciate the closure. It got way bigger today as well so happy enough at the end of a day it’s just an experiment that I wanted to do so I can occur problems and learn to fix them if I ever get the time space and privacy for a proper grow. Really appreciate all the feed back big love

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Hey dirty , yea i have a few quick ideas , i can offer more when i get the energy to type , first of all ive heard seeds are tough to get in australia , im just guessing thats where you are from
Can you make it easier on yourself and start up at least 6 more seeds ? That way you will have back up if a couple turn male or suffer from start like yours is doing ,

Second idea , can you get an inexpensive led bulb and baby your seedling indoors away from the hard sun and elements ....
Seedlings need a good amount of babying...

Your seedling looks stressed from nutrients or ph or a few issues , the krinkled leaves dont look genetic like you find in some strains , they look damaged , though overall they have nice color and seem pretty tough , considering...

Actually i guess from second glance that the plant is not really a seedling or baby anymore , you will need to straighten out your grow medium , deff add 25 % perlite for drainage , my advice though , if it continues slow and deformed like its been doing , toss it and start fresh if you can , not worth the headache , should be off to a better start , sometimes you will struggle and waste time when problems begin so soon in grow .....
Hahahaha thanks very much for all the info there mate some great insight and advice I really appreciate it. I’m actually from Ireland seeds are not a problem to get, I ac have a bag of seeds I’ve collected from previous bags of good weed I’ve smoked over the years, that’s actually where I got the seed for this current plant. Strangely enough mate I want to run into problems doing this so in future if I do run into problems doing a real grow I have better knowledge of the situations I’d you get me haha. I’ve did one grow before and it turned out pretty good but I only got the weed into the 3rd week of flowering before some problems occurred and my plants were took away from me (long story lol) but I digress. I’m not really in a position to get a grow on the go atm so this is why I popped this for some shits and giggles and just moving as she goes

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Hey folks quick update just, wondering if I would be able to snip this leaf off that I’ve circled, it just seems completely lifeless and doesn’t look the healthiest either lmao, would cutting it off do more damage than good? New soil should be here in 4 days or so fs🙄 plant is 3 weeks and 2 days old today wondering when could start giving it nutrients if I even should considering it’s current burns

D7374748 3D82 4428 8536 0137BDF492A2
3759F936 2871 4753 963C E75B17B6CCAD
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I mean you could. I would keep it though. The plant will use it for toxic storage overtime you’ll notice it turn yellow then brown. It will natural prune itself there

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Hey folks quick update just, wondering if I would be able to snip this leaf off that I’ve circled, it just seems completely lifeless and doesn’t look the healthiest either lmao, would cutting it off do more damage than good? New soil should be here in 4 days or so fs🙄 plant is 3 weeks and 2 days old today wondering when could start giving it nutrients if I even should considering it’s current burns
Looks like baby Groot weed 😁 If you look through the grow journals you will be surprised what that scraggly seedling will become.

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

I’ve had one of those too. She’s bounced back incredibly!! Good luck ✊🏼
Unreal mate I’ll cry if this wee fucker turns out anything like that😂 feel like ordering a ballast, hps bulb and reflector off amazon for like 60£ and just finishing this wee fucker inside cause I’ve got faith for it with the new soil and nutrients on that way + the fact it’s survived so long in that soil and these inconsistent weather conditions in Ireland it seems like my best bet

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Unreal mate I’ll cry if this wee fucker turns out anything like that😂 feel like ordering a ballast, hps bulb and reflector off amazon for like 60£ and just finishing this wee fucker inside cause I’ve got faith for it with the new soil and nutrients on that way + the fact it’s survived so long in that soil and these inconsistent weather conditions in Ireland it seems like my best bet
Best of luck! ✊🏼 Just be cautious when bringing outside plants in, watch for bugs.

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Hey guys sorry to annoy youse again but any advice on how I can transplant the plant without damaging the roots or killing it? New soil arrived and need to get her over

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hey guys sorry to annoy youse again but any advice on how I can transplant the plant without damaging the roots or killing it? New soil arrived and need to get her over
Yes take it out of the pot it’s in and gently put in bigger pot n back fill like this . Od .do it when plant is not to wet and not to dry . So root ball stays together, have a look at my taking the ladies out for new shoes I’ve got pics up to explain mate good luck .

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Yes take it out of the pot it’s in and gently put in bigger pot n back fill like this . Od .do it when plant is not to wet and not to dry . So root ball stays together, have a look at my taking the ladies out for new shoes I’ve got pics up to explain mate good luck .
Cheers mate I give it ago there but some of the soil fell on top off me hand and I think I disconnected some of the roots from each other🤦‍♂️ Managed to get it in the new pot but freaking out in case it drops dead lmao

7A347359 002F 4B39 9932 7588EC4101ED
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Cheers mate I give it ago there but some of the soil fell on top off me hand and I think I disconnected some of the roots from each other🤦‍♂️ Managed to get it in the new pot but freaking out in case it drops dead lmao
That look good now put in dark or shade for at least 12 to 24 hr to reduce transplant shock . Good job . Regards Od .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks mate I’ve been a horticulturist for over 30 years I’m heading back to school in new year to do cert 4 plant science , if I can help I will .od .

Madbud

Madbud

Try to resist watering her, that charbroil soil looks pretty dense. If you squeeze some in your hand does it make a ball?

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Try to resist watering her, that charbroil soil looks pretty dense. If you squeeze some in your hand does it make a ball?
Yes it did indeed mate that soil it was in was for standards garden plants like roses etc I do think it was a bit rich but it’s been rehoused into a new pot with some coco soil mix and perlite it’s a buck softer and not as dense soil it’s in now

Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

It was very droopy when I put her in the new pot yesterday but she’s seemly sprinter back up to life in the new pot and soil :)

F4F0E946 9CFF 43AC A560 6FC761A85D37
Dirtymuckel

Dirtymuckel

Hey folks wee update on the plant, all seems well enough considering this started out as a laugh to see if my knowledge from a previous grow was still there. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for this point on and if I’m doing anything wrong please do point it out🙂 I’ve noticed the leafs cupping a bit there if you guys can see from the pictures I think that’s down to temperature change as the max temperatures we’ve been getting in the weather is 17 degrees and dropping down to 12-13 with rainfall also. I’ve just let it sit out in the rain etc so far and they’re the only changes I’ve noticed in the leafs cupping. Many thanks as always folks to who ever replies❤️

AFA56799 8E43 48F9 9B33 D25CFF1BA0F7
2797D444 5AC3 4FE2 B116 2B0A9EE16F46
93F3267E 0AA5 4FE2 B86C CCADC06DA826
5AF05AEA 60F1 42AA B21E D6ADB50CC136
4AC387BC DBB2 4ABD A5D6 C142D4ECA097

Latest posts

Top Bottom