Advice With Plant, Should I Cut It?

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

Hello, I have this Northern Lights plant. She is in week 7 of flowering.
I think she need more 1 or 2 weeks in flowering, but i am having some doubts about cutting her.

This week harvested her sister already, because she was getting bud rot... But i think its still early for them.
The thing is, weather is almost 100% humidity at night with no wind. It will probably be like this for some time. In the last week i've been putting the plants in my room with a fan on, to avoid bad weather.

She is getting like this now:
Advice with plant should i cut it
Advice with plant should i cut it 2

I never saw thin in my plants or online, is it bad or normal?
Would you cut it down or risk mold?

Thanks brothers and sisters!

Last edited:
SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Hello, I have this Northern Lights plant. She is in week 7 of flowering.
I think she need more 1 or 2 weeks in flowering, but i am having some doubts about cutting her.

This week harvested her sister already, because she was getting bud rot... But i think its still early for them.
The thing is, weather is almost 100% humidity at night with no wind. It will probably be like this for some time. In the last week i've been putting the plants in my room with a fan on, to avoid bad weather.

She is getting like this now:
View attachment 744267 View attachment 744268
I never saw thin in my plants or online, is it bad or normal?
Would you cut it down or risk mold?

Thanks brothers and sisters!
That last pic appears to be da sign of damping off. Do you allow the first few inches of soil to dry between waterings? If you are dealing with 100% humidity then bud rot is a definite possibility. If you had another plant in the area that had bud rot then the chances of spores NOT spreading are very slim to none, unless you removed it immediately and washed. I would recommend getting some fans for your garden. If you don't have electricity find solar fans on Amazon and have them overnighted. Point them directly above your tops or on your canopy if you have an oscillating fan. Not many options with that kind of weather. Air flow my friend.

Dunge

Dunge

Remove dead material, mostly because it looks bad and makes it hard to sleep.

Look for mold at the base of dead leaves, and cut it away if found.

From what I can see, you are doing great.

Bannacis

Bannacis

A good indication of mold is to smell the effected area, (not a supper sniff) just sniff slightly. if its smells of mushrooms and earthy funk...its mold/mildew. Remove all effected leaves, once that is done...inspect your biggest buds, kinda pull a little on the bud itself like trying to look inside. look for anything brownish. if you don't see any then no bud rot. but if on leaves it can move to inner buds. Thinning out a lot of effected leaves or (ded) yellow leaves will allow more air to circulate. remove as much as you can. leave good healthy green ones.
Dehumidifier!!! and fans. Fresh filtered air...
The coloring on the leaves looks great and natural for ripening harvest...so no worries there.
Let her ripe...

Latest posts

Top Bottom