Aero Cloner...need some additional advise...

• Thread starter jonnynu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Just got my aero cloner built. Everything works well, however, I need some advise on the nuit solution and the time frame to run it..normally when cloning I'd simply run the light time the same as my veg and that worked well ...still I'd like some feedback from those that have been using aero cloners to do their cloning....

Thanks in advance for your help.

:):):):)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do the lighting the same way, use a very mild vegging nutrient for veg, or just water.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks a lot for getting back!

St3ve

St3ve

My clones always stay very green and healthy while we're waiting for roots to pop. After the roots start coming pretty fast I'll put in around 350 (my plain tap is 200) of veg nutes. Soon after I'll move them to Veg table and start bumping nutes as they need them.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I clean the unit,fill the res with fresh PHed tap water(5.8),which is at 250 ppm, and I add H2O2 as per the 29% solution, like 10ml/G. I run this for 24 hours to clean the water a bit and the unit/pump/heads. Also it distills, and aerates. I then check the cloner after the 24 hour wait to see if any leaks occurred and to check the PH/ppm once more prior to cutting. I don't use nutes till I see roots or till something yellows or looks unhealthy. I do add some SuperThrive @ 5ml/5 G. Strain dependent of course, but I usually see the start of roots in 7-10 days. If for some reason, strain maybe, it takes longer I change my res after 2 weeks, but top with distilled/aerated water if needed. I try to keep the water level to the point that it looks like the manifold is floating. I don't wait too long to transplant either. Usually 1-2" roots and it's into the coco mix with a 1/4 strength nute, mainly Super Tea guano, CalMag+,SuperThrive, Silica, and some Great White (myco). Wahlah! Establish a good root base and veg. Hope this helped someone lol. If anyone has an suggestions to this constructive criticism welcomed.

Cheers,
Crom

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks a million everyone...I'm down now!

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Got that one covered...per Fractal's advise I procured myself a nice aquarium heater that is going to work well, I'm sure...that said I do have one final question...do you all run the res pump only when the lights are on or do you run for longer periods of time????

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Got that one covered...per Fractal's advise I procured myself a nice aquarium heater that is going to work well, I'm sure...that said I do have one final question...do you all run the res pump only when the lights are on or do you run for longer periods of time????

You can either leave the pump on 24/7, or get a cycle timer that you can dial in your "on-off" times. I use 3 min on 5 off keeping the the two airstones on at all times. You have to keep them wet or the roots dry out fast and you'll either stress them or kill them. Best of luck and feel free to ask questions.

Cheers,
Crom

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
I thought that ( drying out) might happen if it was turned off for any length of time...24/7 sounds good for me...the 3 min on 5 min off schedule sounds great as you save a lot of energy but I'm not sure what kind of timer to use to get that kind of small window of on and off times...what timer is that?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use a timer that Walmart was selling (my local had only digis the last time I went to get a timer) that has 15 minute increments. It's a mechanical timer. Anyway, I use a 15 mins ON/30 mins OFF cycle because it helps produce roots that don't shock upon transplanting, they're already acclimated to some drying periods.

B

Bobby Smith

There's a DIY for how to turn those 15 minute timers into 1 on/4 off timers.........do a quick search, not hard to find.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

highly recomend h+g roots excelerator. makes them ill bitches take off right away

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i've used tap and ro with no noticeable difference personally. i did like running root66 seems to root a little faster. dont it with 200ppm of bloom as well because it's either the P or the K i forget which but it actually promotes rooting. i actually first heard about that by reading the 'how we make our clones' section of a Oaksterdam catalog. seemed to work.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i've used tap and ro with no noticeable difference personally. i did like running root66 seems to root a little faster. dont it with 200ppm of bloom as well because it's either the P or the K i forget which but it actually promotes rooting. i actually first heard about that by reading the 'how we make our clones' section of a Oaksterdam catalog. seemed to work.

using ro by itself really wont help unless the government is really putting some nasty stuff in your water
where you gain the advantage using ro is you can open up 200-400 ppm for other nutes
will def b trying a little bit of bloom in my next batch of clones

Top Bottom