aero system needed. 36 plants in 4' x 4'.. 8" squared root space for each plant

• Thread starter tree king
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tree king

so i had plans to get the general hydro aeroflo 36 for a while now but i just saw it in person and the growing chambers are smaller than i thought. there only 5" wide and 5" in height. i dont know why they designed it like that but i need bigger root space with the same amount of plants and by my math its 8" x 8" for every plant. is there any systems like this sold on the market? i desperately need to find one cause i dont even wanna try to build one myself.

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

the aeroflo2 36 is a great system.. just have to do SOG instead of big plants....

T

tree king

the aeroflo2 36 is a great system.. just have to do SOG instead of big plants....

im doing sea of green with no veg in ebb n flow right now and the plants get 3 1/2 feet tall so the chambers arent looking that big to me. the plants are also gonna get bigger in aero. plus maybe im just being paranoid but im afraid theres gonna be too much roots and something will get clogged. also im confident il probably get a bigger yield with more root space. it doesnt make sense that they designed the system like this. theres spaces in between the chambers which could be used for bigger chambers

you dont know another system with bigger chambers or someone that makes custom systems for customers?

ybooord

ybooord

im doing sea of green with no veg in ebb n flow right now and the plants get 3 1/2 feet tall so the chambers arent looking that big to me. the plants are also gonna get bigger in aero. plus maybe im just being paranoid but im afraid theres gonna be too much roots and something will get clogged. also im confident il probably get a bigger yield with more root space. it doesnt make sense that they designed the system like this. theres spaces in between the chambers which could be used for bigger chambers

you dont know another system with bigger chambers or someone that makes custom systems for customers?

Just an idea for you: with the aeroflow systems, they're designed for the roots to go into the res for extra space... but then you go from aero to dwc somewhat. it's easy to retain them from doing so, and we have ours roots and water run into another tube (aka chamber as you're calling them) running horizontally first... before the water drains into our main res (with a make shift filter to keep the roots from getting into our main res) giving our roots a lot more room to stretch. And in your case... you can have them drain into whatever size res you want, giving them all the room they could ever need...

T

tree king

Just an idea for you: with the aeroflow systems, they're designed for the roots to go into the res for extra space... but then you go from aero to dwc somewhat. it's easy to retain them from doing so, and we have ours roots and water run into another tube (aka chamber as you're calling them) running horizontally first... before the water drains into our main res (with a make shift filter to keep the roots from getting into our main res) giving our roots a lot more room to stretch. And in your case... you can have them drain into whatever size res you want, giving them all the room they could ever need...

the roots are designed to go into the res are you serious? how am i supposed to mix the res etc without messing up the roots? its hard to picture a plants roots on the opposite end from the res stretch that far.

i just ran into these aero systems from growmaxx.com. they supposively have a similar system as the aeroflow and the guy says in each of his chambers theres 54 sprayers compared to aeroflo's 7. heres the video of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgOoNOlhFmc

i guess there doing custom systems so maybe he can make me what i need. it might be impossible to find or have done but i need a 70-80 gal res for 72 plants in a 4' x 8' space

ybooord

ybooord

the roots are designed to go into the res are you serious? how am i supposed to mix the res etc without messing up the roots? its hard to picture a plants roots on the opposite end from the res stretch that far.

i just ran into these aero systems from growmaxx.com. they supposively have a similar system as the aeroflow and the guy says in each of his chambers theres 54 sprayers compared to aeroflo's 7. heres the video of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgOoNOlhFmc

i guess there doing custom systems so maybe he can make me what i need. it might be impossible to find or have done but i need a 70-80 gal res for 72 plants in a 4' x 8' space

Well I'm not sure if they're intended to... but the systems don't come with a way to prevent the roots from making it down the drain to go into the res... which is why we had to make our own solution.

T

tree king

Well I'm not sure if they're intended to... but the systems don't come with a way to prevent the roots from making it down the drain to go into the res... which is why we had to make our own solution.

gotcha

sdgrower

sdgrower

Check out Jalisco Kid's buckets. He has a tub that can be used for sog. A pic is in Janus' thread.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

The aeroflow was specifically designed not to have large space for roots to grow; the logic behind it is this. In an aeroflow it is more sanitary and will make the performance of your system go up if you use an all liquid pref. liquid chem nutes instead of all organic with a shit tons of microbes. With this in mind the size of the root mass makes no difference. The point of the aeroflow is to provide your girls with the direct access to all the valuable nutrients it needs directly; therefor increasing root mass will not directly increase bud size it will simply make your plant more vigourous which in turn could be a bad thing in that small of a space. From my experience don't worry about root size and focus more on keeping your girls small, compact and on a very quick cycle with early finishing plants. Take it easy brotha hope this helps

T

tree king

The aeroflow was specifically designed not to have large space for roots to grow; the logic behind it is this. In an aeroflow it is more sanitary and will make the performance of your system go up if you use an all liquid pref. liquid chem nutes instead of all organic with a shit tons of microbes. With this in mind the size of the root mass makes no difference. The point of the aeroflow is to provide your girls with the direct access to all the valuable nutrients it needs directly; therefor increasing root mass will not directly increase bud size it will simply make your plant more vigourous which in turn could be a bad thing in that small of a space. From my experience don't worry about root size and focus more on keeping your girls small, compact and on a very quick cycle with early finishing plants. Take it easy brotha hope this helps

very good info thanks. what do you consider small plants though? from what i saw that i can do now in ebb n flow i have no problem with 3-3 1/2 plants when doing 36. would you consider that size too big for the aeroflo?

i appreciate the info sdgrower but i want to do aero with no medium. im all set with hydroton

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Get a 4x8 sheet of 3/8" white corrugated plastic and trim it to pop in your 4x4 tray. Get a 3.5" hole saw and drill 36 holes then drop in 36 net pots. Then make a manifold out of 1/2" poly line and strap it to the underside of the chloroplast and thread in 360 degree sprayers. Bam, your done!

Get a cycle stat and run it 1 minute on and 5 minutes off and chill your res to 69 F. No sense in going through all the effort to put one of these together if you are going to cheap out and not buy a reservoir chiller. I used to run 6-4x8 tables this way and it works!

T

tree king

Get a 4x8 sheet of 3/8" white corrugated plastic and trim it to pop in your 4x4 tray. Get a 3.5" hole saw and drill 36 holes then drop in 36 net pots. Then make a manifold out of 1/2" poly line and strap it to the underside of the chloroplast and thread in 360 degree sprayers. Bam, your done!

Get a cycle stat and run it 1 minute on and 5 minutes off and chill your res to 69 F. No sense in going through all the effort to put one of these together if you are going to cheap out and not buy a reservoir chiller. I used to run 6-4x8 tables this way and it works!

sweet tooth im very bad at understanding this type of stuff. i understand everything except "Then make a manifold out of 1/2" poly line and strap it to the underside of the chloroplast and thread in 360 degree sprayers".

i dont know what a manifold is or poly line. also isnt there a pump needed? i tried to tell you im bad with these things lol

T

tree king

ok guys i have a couple systems in mind that i found from searching for hours i think im all set. thanks for the help everyone

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I would bud them depending on how hard they strech at the 12/12; when they get between 1 1/2--2 1/2 feet. i have 6 runs of personal experience using an aerojet 24 site in a 5x5x7 tent with a 25 gallon res, under 1k plus or minus a 400w; which is the precursor for the aeroflow. from my past 6 runs i've found that even when i had roots growing down through the drainage pipes and into the resivior that it def. effected the systems workability,without any positives to show for on the bud side, other then i hadda prune a hell of alot more. just keep in mind with those misters that any microbes you put in there are gonna make your root system and plants explode exponentially within 2 weeks, after their initial 1st week recovering from stress. so in short what i am saying is your gonna want to grow them like your use too as i did my 1st run (apprx. 2 1/2 to 3 ft when i flipped to 12/12) but you'll wind up making a huge hassle out of it. just remeber in hydro everything the roots need is constantly being given, so any changes to what your givin your roots in conjunction to your girls will be seen very very quickly there is no waiting around for microbes to digest nutes in hydro. the aeroflow and the aerojet are all about speedy runs with semi-compact plants and many a many slightly larger than popcorn sized buds; also somthing to consider i don't even run co2 in my hydro b/c the buds being produced are already big enough and high enough quality to meet my standards, for personal headstash no way! but for a 1 1/2-2 bow-a-run commercial Hell fuckin ya! Hope this helps ya out brotha and good luck on your 1st run with it, it's definatly a slight learning curve if your use to soil or soil organic. As always Take it easy :dance

BTW: i highly suggest going out and gettin a filter bag that you can put your pump inside of; even if your running all chem nutes i found that salts can build up if your not careful and will clog your precious little misters, which just turns into a huge pain in the ass. nd sorry for spelling i'm careless when it comes to that.

T

tree king

I would bud them depending on how hard they strech at the 12/12; when they get between 1 1/2--2 1/2 feet. i have 6 runs of personal experience using an aerojet 24 site in a 5x5x7 tent with a 25 gallon res, under 1k plus or minus a 400w; which is the precursor for the aeroflow. from my past 6 runs i've found that even when i had roots growing down through the drainage pipes and into the resivior that it def. effected the systems workability,without any positives to show for on the bud side, other then i hadda prune a hell of alot more. just keep in mind with those misters that any microbes you put in there are gonna make your root system and plants explode exponentially within 2 weeks, after their initial 1st week recovering from stress. so in short what i am saying is your gonna want to grow them like your use too as i did my 1st run (apprx. 2 1/2 to 3 ft when i flipped to 12/12) but you'll wind up making a huge hassle out of it. just remeber in hydro everything the roots need is constantly being given, so any changes to what your givin your roots in conjunction to your girls will be seen very very quickly there is no waiting around for microbes to digest nutes in hydro. the aeroflow and the aerojet are all about speedy runs with semi-compact plants and many a many slightly larger than popcorn sized buds; also somthing to consider i don't even run co2 in my hydro b/c the buds being produced are already big enough and high enough quality to meet my standards, for personal headstash no way! but for a 1 1/2-2 bow-a-run commercial Hell fuckin ya! Hope this helps ya out brotha and good luck on your 1st run with it, it's definatly a slight learning curve if your use to soil or soil organic. As always Take it easy :dance

BTW: i highly suggest going out and gettin a filter bag that you can put your pump inside of; even if your running all chem nutes i found that salts can build up if your not careful and will clog your precious little misters, which just turns into a huge pain in the ass. nd sorry for spelling i'm careless when it comes to that.

i appreciate your advice Ohiofarmer thanks. all i know is that i found a clone that when i flower it in ebb n flow at 8-9 inches it ends up reaches 3' plus . this is with no veg time so the root system doesnt start out huge. this is what im gonna do in the aero system. its a sativa and thats the reason but i can fit 40 of them in a 4 x 4 space with no problems. so plants get taller in aero or stay shorter?

could you give me your opinion on the systems im trying to choose from? 32 plants in a 47" x 47" space and each plant has 8" of root/grow space its called the apollo 3 heres a link

heres the other system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQrx...xt=C367428cADOEgsToPDskLUohZVYxoSze7eTXilntUT

30 plants in a 4 x 4 but there pipes instead and the unit is only $450.00 which is less than half price of the apollo 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom