Aerocloner Question

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

hey so I tried today to build an aerocloner and bought everything that that build an aerocloner diy under 100$ and ended up accidentally spending 185. my problem is my pump I think, the girl is 1/6 horsepower and moves 1 ,685 gallons an hour reading on the box it says its used for draining hot tubs and flooded basements probably my first mistake. as you can tell where its going after putting all the little sprinkler heads in my pvc pipes and such I dry fit it all and before gluing it I decided to do a test run. needless to say the thing sounds like a vaccume on steroids and water sprayed EVERYWHERE like 10 feet high and got on the ceiling and walls and than it blew out the pvc one pipe out of the socket it was under so much pressure. so im assuming I need a tamer water pump? that was the smallest one they had at home depot that I could plug in and had an adapter at the top. I tried to go to pets mart but all the pumps they had were air pump and stuff where can I find a good pump and what am I too look for in it? thank you in advance.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

you can still use the pump, but just not with sprinklers heads and stuff. could you arrange it so it just shoots a jet across the top of a pool of water? the movement will put enough oxygen in the water to where you can just put cuttings in the pool and they will root!

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

@greenthumb89 I agree with lolli if they do not have them for some reason look for eco plus water pumps on amazon or local hydro shop they are low cost and last I have only had one go out in years and I believe it was due to a high drop on face.

@coloradoBTC I would say if getting back to the store is an issue for some reason, that's not a bad idea at all it would be somewhat/exactly like an oxycloner just larger I would assume but cannot recall if it was a sub air or sub aqua pump they have. Either way I dig it may have to try if my ez ever goes bad.

H

happy b

I had to buy a replacement pump for my turbo kloner because the one they provided didnt run in the currencey thats used in my country.not even with an adaptor.
anyway what your needing is a pump with a flow rate of around say between 350 & 1200 litres per hour.mine is 1500 but its more than is needed.the pump your useing would heat the water up too much even if it didnt blow off the mist bar.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

yeahh not too mention it's WAY too loud. I can hear it on in the other room. I just have to try and find the damn receipt which is a kick inn the ass and yeah garden center I have NO idea why I didn't think of that.

G gnome

G gnome

A little Aquarium Airpump will do ya fine M8
Whats a bubbler gonna do?
Its an aero cloner.
If ya dont wanna take the pump back u could either use a fan speed controller to tone it down or ....get a hot tub lol

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

hahah lmao srry thats kinda funny! But ya you should spend 50-75 bucks
10 bucks for container
20 bucks for water fountain pump
10 bucks for pvc
5 bucks for 360 degree sprayers
15 bucks for net pots and foam inserts

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Yàa I think at the moment I'm just gonna stick with jiffy pellets and keep it simple. I'm on my third batch of clones and its really cool to watch what once was a small branch or twig turn into a plant!

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

Yàa I think at the moment I'm just gonna stick with jiffy pellets and keep it simple. I'm on my third batch of clones and its really cool to watch what once was a small branch or twig turn into a plant!
what did you end up doing

lollipopman

lollipopman

Funny I have a turbo cloner used for 3 months now I just use heat pad rapid rooters and rx cloning solution with a dome. Can never go wrong

Albatross

Albatross

SHURflo-pump-2088 and a patio cooling kit with the brass misters works well

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Aero cloner are the shit man give it a go! If you can't make one just buy one!

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Yàa I may try building one again I t was perfect except for the pump I just need a new pump and its be good to go

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

So I guess with aerocloners u don't need a dome? Why is that?

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

same reason you don't need a dome over a vase of flowers. try with and without just in case you live in some ungodly dry climate

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I just realized also today I totally screwed myself over by thinking I was being innovative haha.When I water my smaller plants I fill them with water and than put them in the bigger planter (35 gallon) to catch the run off so that I donm't get any run off on the floors and such. Today I checked one of my smaller plants by pulling it out of it's container to make sure it wasn't getting to root bound and just as I was putting it back I noticed a very small almost transcluent see through worm which i think is fungus gnat larvae,. so inadvertantly i've been contaminating not only the others but my mom to boot. So that's lame stupid move on my part.

Top Bottom