aerofarmer needs dropped on the soil, please help

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

been doing hydro and aero most of the time me and mary jane spent together, always have had mothers in soil but have never flowered in soil
to me the biggest downside of hydro and aero is the massive size of the units you have to use. i.e. resivoir, tray, massive structure to hold the tray
with soil all you have to do is hang a few lights and throw a tray on the ground and ur ready to go
10 hr set up turns into 45 min
and dont get me started on plant numbers, easly cut by 1/4

im guna open up a thread for me to throw some newbie questions, any intput is welcome and andbody else with ?'s dont be afraid to speak up

a little info
4 blue dream 4 trainwreck under 1200w(clones)
2x600w on movers covering 6x4 area
happy frog soil
watering every 3-4 days, will step up as it goes along

nutes.
dutcha/b, botanicare cal mag+, ful power humic acid, protect silica(soil + foilar), drip clean, humboldt bushmaster(soil and foilar), humboldt purple maxx(soil and foilar), humboldt gravity, h+g top booster, h+g mulitzyme, h+g bud xl, house and garden roots excel, g.h. koolbloom, and VermiT

first ?
been doing waterings with just r/o for the first 2 weeks
PPM's around 800 cool for the first watering?
everything has rooted and is 8-10 nodes in
was planning on doing the full line that i do for aero
feel free to tear apart this schedule, it might be way to much for soil
most of these products do basically nothing to my PPMs tho, and seveal that are used with only one watering

second ?
i always spray real heavy with azamax the first few weeks after a new cut comes in my room
usually when i get carried away the plant will have funky growth before it starts burning, in my soil room i just got alot of burning.
at first i thought it was light burn but it was only showing on the trainwreck

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

decided to keep the ppms down to 500 for the first watering

burn4me

burn4me

Question
Isn't that a high ppm fo first watering? Or do you water and wait to see how she responds? Thanks

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...yeah bro, it's been a few years since i grew in soil but i'd say your problem, especially the burning and 'funky growth' is that you're overfeeding. ...that Happy Frog has organic matter already in it so you aren't supposed to feed nutes with every watering.

...considering that you have been an active hydro guy since you began, why is it you chose soil over something like coco?

i ask because i grow in coco hempy buckets which is a passive form of hydro that will give you results similar to what you are familiar with and with the same space savings as you are getting with your switch to soil, just in a format that will feel almost like home for you.

i personally run 8 plants potted up into 6liter coco hempys around a single barebulb 600 and i love the simplicity and the results. ...i feed KISS style with Jack's Pro Hydro combined with thier cal/nit only, no additives whatsoever btw.

...here's a couple pics of my early hempy days when i was using cut down Coke bottles as hempys, just to show what a rank amateur can achieve with no hempy experience at all, and these were grown under a 400CMH so the results was because of the hempy tech and not any huge amount of lumens.

peace, bozo

...as i already said, these were a few years ago and it was then i was learning not just hempy tech but also KISS style so at this time i was still using just MaxiBloom, it was maybe another 6 months before i made the switch to Jack's.

105 0008

105 0001

DSCI0043

Top Bottom