Aeroponic cloners... are they worth it?

• Thread starter 1Dobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1Dobo

1Dobo

I am strongly considering building a DYI aeroponic cloner, only because I haven't had much better than 50-60% success with my clones. Of course the people who sell these things state something close to a 100% success rate, which is why I am considering it. If anyone has used one of these machines, do you think it is worth spending the $100 to make one (67 sites for the tote I have)? How was your success rate, and how long to grow a clone that is ready to pot up. Literature says 7-14 days, but I'm a little skeptical.

Anyway, just looking for opinions from those in the know.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I love mine!
And yes it’s worth it:)
FD5BA01A E030 450A B028 9565D1D1DD4F

1Dobo

1Dobo

I love mine!
And yes it’s worth it:)

Those look like some healthy roots. Do you run the timer 24/7 or cycle it on and off. I read somewhere 1 minute on for every 10 minutes, then I've also read 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. How many days from cutting to potting?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Those look like some healthy roots. Do you run the timer 24/7 or cycle it on and off. I read somewhere 1 minute on for every 10 minutes, then I've also read 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. How many days from cutting to potting?
24/7 under 2 foot T-5 12 inches above.
From clippings to soil approximately 18-22 days. Depending on location of cuttings from mother plant.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

@1diesel1 basically covered it, but I vote for aeroponic as well. I get 100% success with my DIY aeroponic buckets, unless I have some type of user error. I also transplant to soil anywhere from 12-14 days, but my root systems are not anywhere near as developed as 1diesel1's. I am actually running into problems with having too many cuttings with the cloner being so successful. I also run mine 24/7. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

1Dobo

1Dobo

@1diesel1 basically covered it, but I vote for aeroponic as well. I get 100% success with my DIY aeroponic buckets, unless I have some type of user error. I also transplant to soil anywhere from 12-14 days, but my root systems are not anywhere near as developed as 1diesel1's. I am actually running into problems with having too many cuttings with the cloner being so successful. I also run mine 24/7. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Alrighty then, it looks like a go. I've ordered the spray nozzles, all 360 degree spray pattern, but now I'm thinking I should have 180's around the edges... might help with leaking. I guess having too many clones isn't a bad problem, lol... I'll probably end up in the same predicament.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Alrighty then, it looks like a go. I've ordered the spray nozzles, all 360 degree spray pattern, but now I'm thinking I should have 180's around the edges... might help with leaking. I guess having too many clones isn't a bad problem, lol... I'll probably end up in the same predicament.

I have all 360 spray nozzles and I have never had any leaks. I will say that I have ended up making several 5 gallon buckets, so maybe I should have just made some rubbermaid tub aeroponic cloners in the first place. It is convenient to have several systems in rotation though. This is a video of a tutorial on building an aeroponic cloning bucket. I have 14 clone sites in all of mine, instead of the 12 that this guy suggests, but I learned how to build mine from a friend. The video was just the closest thing I could find. I wish you well with it! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

I have all 360 spray nozzles and I have never had any leaks. I will say that I have ended up making several 5 gallon buckets, so maybe I should have just made some rubbermaid tub aeroponic cloners in the first place. It is convenient to have several systems in rotation though. This is a video of a tutorial on building an aeroponic cloning bucket. I have 14 clone sites in all of mine, instead of the 12 that this guy suggests, but I learned how to build mine from a friend. The video was just the closest thing I could find. I wish you well with it! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Just got temps dialed in:)
4EA02548 0FF9 46E9 9DE4 C5BB51CCFC58

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
We gotta stop meeting like this haha. I am happy to hear that you are getting it dialed brother! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Hoping this super expensive led I bought will pay for itself.
Sure it will as soon as I figure it out.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Hoping this super expensive led I bought will pay for itself.
Sure it will as soon as I figure it out.
I just dropped ~$900 on the Timber Redwood VS; I feel you there brother haha. I was hoping that starting my grow back up and still having some equipment would make it cheaper. Boy was I mistaken. I have gone well beyond my budget. It kind of sucks, but I usually only purchase necessities anyway, so I will consider them all gifts to myself??? I don't know. It seems that there is always something to buy with perpetual. I really can't wait to get back to that point. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Get a plan put together yet

Top Bottom