Aeroponic Nutrient Help

• Thread starter Majimbo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Majimbo

I am looking to construct an aeroponic grow unit as feat in the HT 2009 grow guide. The mag came complete with plans, and I feel I'm pretty solid when it comes to lighting. I used to be a cabinetmaker, so the actual construction of the unit and growroom will be fairly simple. My main worry at this point is nutes. I want to keep with all advanced nutrients. I've heard good things about Connoisseur. Although I've some bad news about the change in Bud Candy. My question is, and I apologize for the rambling and if it's been asked, What can I use in conjuction with each other? What is the most complete thorough AN nutrient formulas, without burning or lockout? I want to ensure excellent roots, plant growth, stability, size, flavor, bud size, and density. Thank you in advance for your help.

Majimbo

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Hey Majimbo what's up? Sorry no help with the nutes here. Just thought that I would comment because I just started my construction of the aero unit(s) you are speaking about building. Can I tell you that if you read the directions about the "veg" unit the instructions and the plans aren't the same??? I medicated then went to go construct the first unit.I started reading and making the 3/4" pvc cuts when I noticed that the first step is to start cutting up the 3/4" pvc into 7-7" pieces....etc...etc don't do it! Look at the plans list of 3/4" pvc cut lengths and use the "flower" unit instructions or the pictures/plans. The way that the instructions were written were horrible! They tell you the instructions for one unit in two different unit plans? Read if before any cuts are made because I was like WFT?? Anyway I put together my first unit based on the plans and the pictures of the "flower" unit. You'll see if you haven't already. Oh and you need to cut another 1/2" pvc piece per unit for between the 1/2" ball valve and the hose adapter. Just some help, not that you need it but if I would have cut the pvc the way that the veg instructions start you off, I would be pissed to have to go buy more stuff. Cheers

M

Majimbo

I am only using that article as the basis for my master plan. If you're curious about it, here it is. I am building 1 veg unit and 2 flowering units, so I can come close to a perpetual harvest. BTW, I already have a sweet cloning setup. The veg unit is the same basic construction idea as the article just lengthened to utilize the entirety of the devoted wall. For the plants I am using 4 4" wide PVC fenceposts. I can fit 4 because I will use the jumbo roughneck container, whereas the article uses the standard size. For the 2 flowering units I will use the jumbo as well. This will allow 3 5" PVC fenceposts. Each unit will take up a wall. The grow rooms will be constructed out of 1x4's and polystyrene insulation (foamboard). The insulation will be lined with mylar for reflectivity.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Sounds good bro! Are you gonna use hydroton or just the netpot/neoprene collar?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Snap some shots of your project for me I'm interested to see how it looks! Hey how are you adhering the pvc pipes for the sprayer manifold? I don't really want to use the normal pvc stuff it doesn't seem very kosher you know?

20north

I run with the LUCAS FORMULA......As mentioned above.......I'm not gonna go into that since there is PLENTY of info here and all over the web on LUCAS. I stick to the basic formula as I have no reason to change it. It works just the way it is.

I keep my PH at 5.8 to 6.2 with 6.0 being my ideal set point.
PPMS
Seedlings = 300 to 500 (dependant on age)
Mothers =1000 (under a 1000w lamp)
Rooted Clones = 800 (under a 400w lamp)
Bloom = 1200 to 1350 (under 1800w of light, 3-600s)

people seem to dial the GH nutes in to lucas formula

i bet that about answers your questions

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
i bet that about answers your questions[/QUOTE]

That's funny! You beat the shit out of that question thanks so much. Hydroton or neoprene collars IYO?

M

Majimbo

I was gonna go with hydroton, I think it will add more stability and structure to the root base, hopefully resulting in stronger healthier plants

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I was gonna go with hydroton, I think it will add more stability and structure to the root base, hopefully resulting in stronger healthier plants

I got 2" net pots and the thicker neoprene collars used in the EZ-cloner. I think I'll try using just the collars.The thicker collars will support the stems better then the regular 1/2" thick ones. My concern is the transfering from the veg unit to the flower unit as the two rooms are just that, two rooms. I'm not too keen on carrying 2" net pots with foot long roots dangling out the bottom. I might even construct another small tub just for the transplant, as to not stress the plants out too much. I might actually look into the foam wall/Visqueen idea so I can keep all the plants in the same room only partitioned for light seperation.

Top Bottom