Affected By The Fires?!?

• Thread starter jtrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jtrey

jtrey

Admin feel free to move this where it belongs... I am close to lake Isabella and all the fire keep getting so close I woke up this morning and there is ash on my girls and the sky is super dark. I have been watching the smoke for the last few days and was wondering if anyone on here has been hit hard by the fires this year? This shit is scary esp. since we just moved. I am not used to this shit.

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

You shouldn't have to worry to much unless you have nugs they are landing on. I live in the valley and I'm getting ash on my plants as well

jtrey

jtrey

You shouldn't have to worry to much unless you have nugs they are landing on. I live in the valley and I'm getting ash on my plants as well
Ha not worried about the plants at all im worried about the house i just bought burning down!!! lol . I was really just more concerned if any one else got scorched....

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Ha not worried about the plants at all im worried about the house i just bought burning down!!! lol . I was really just more concerned if any one else got scorched....
Oh lol, I see. I wouldn't be to worried about the plants either.

Cali is turning into he'll on earth, 8 wildfires and that's just the giant ones. We had a fire start and burn for 4 miles along the river about a month ago

jtrey

jtrey

The eskrine fire got crazy close to our spot .. we had burn patches in the grass and the entire mountian looks roasted... kern river?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I think building a moat and a drawbridge to your house would solve these issues.

Alligators in the moat wouldn't hurt either.
Moat

Freshone

Freshone

My buddy is at your fire with his dozer right now,he was on pilot fire first then sent to blue cut fire and now to yours.Think he left Thurs morning and yours was bout 9000 acres,the two burning here were about 40,000 each I think and its not even fire season yet!

jtrey

jtrey

yeah the fire fighters are kicking ass this year. I last read it was up to 14k acres.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

The fire is crazy. Pretty soon this whole place is going to be one big fire. San Bernardino just looks like one big shit hole of smoke sitting in the valley

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Admin feel free to move this where it belongs... I am close to lake Isabella and all the fire keep getting so close I woke up this morning and there is ash on my girls and the sky is super dark. I have been watching the smoke for the last few days and was wondering if anyone on here has been hit hard by the fires this year? This shit is scary esp. since we just moved. I am not used to this shit.
I am used to it, but you never get 'used' to it, ya dig? So I had this problem last year with my girls during the Butte Fire, and I kept everything hosed off. It doesn't get all the ashes, but it can help. Otherwise you might want to consider setting up a light shade cloth to help catch most of the ashfall.

Do you have our exit strategy planned? Important stuff packed and ready to go literally at a moment's notice?

jtrey

jtrey

I am used to it, but you never get 'used' to it, ya dig? So I had this problem last year with my girls during the Butte Fire, and I kept everything hosed off. It doesn't get all the ashes, but it can help. Otherwise you might want to consider setting up a light shade cloth to help catch most of the ashfall.

Do you have our exit strategy planned? Important stuff packed and ready to go literally at a moment's notice?
Yeah all my important stuff is in a pile. clothes beans and loot haha

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This drought Cali is experiencing must come to and end soon. Half the state is a tinderbox. pray for more rain and years of good snowpack to turn things around.

jtrey

jtrey

In that picture you can see a few of the girls.. left is skywalker, middle is tangie from dna, and far right is cali connection tahoe. first time running them outside

Freshone

Freshone

If your worried about ash on your plants just blow it off with a leaf blower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom