Afghan Kush Ryder

• Thread starter LemonSkunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LemonSkunk

4 Afghan Kush Ryder seeds (purchased through Attitude)
Seeds were put right into the rock wool placed in the net cups. (REMEMBER - rock wool must be soaked in a pH balanced water PRIOR to being used *INHALATION OF DRY ROCKWOOL IS A CANCER RISK* although unlikely)

Mid-day Saturday, Mar. 27th
all levels are until sprouted *Purified Water*

pH - 5.0-7.0 * varied up and down, but never more than 1.0 at one time
PPM - 240-260
Water Temp - 65F-70F

Thursday, April 1st
all 4 seeds sprouted *Purified Water*

pH - 5.0-7.5 *again never more than 1 point in more than 4-6hrs*most say .5 for a rule of thumb, but I have found most plants are fine with a 1 point change.
PPM - 250-330
Water Temp - 60F-72F

Sunday, April 4th - Today
Water change was done and added 1tsp Sensi Grow A+B to the 6 gal. reservoir. *SWITCHED to Tap Water*

pH - 5.5-7.0
PPM - 500-550 *tap water prior to nutrients 350-380ppm*
Water Temp - 65F-70F

L

LemonSkunk

Wednesday, April 7th

Water change using tap water and 7tsp Sensi Bloom A+B
pH - 5.2
PPM - 500
Temp - 65F

I also added a second 12" air stone.

So far it seems to me that they like to have a higher nutrient level. At this point all four have roots in the water and they are growing at a fast pace. I have another automatic strain growing in some soil which germinated about 4 days before the Afghan Kush and they have already surpassed it in half a week! :cool0010:

LIGHTING
400w HPS ^forgot to add that in the first post :bong2:
Right now its roughly 14" from plants tops
Running on a 20/4 schedule and will continue this throughout the grow.

Most autoflower strains are BEST kept under minimum 18/6 schedule.

rawman

rawman

I always wanted to see a afghan kush ryder grow exciting

L

LemonSkunk

Yea, not too many out there so I decided to break down and just buy them and try it out. I have heard a few complaints about them not autoflowering and having to have the light turned to 12/12, but I guess we will find out.

S

still learnin

shit b, im on this one..ive wanted to try some outdoors,being theres close area lights around me house...high hopes,:boogie:

L

LemonSkunk

Not a lot to update. Been keeping the pH between 5.5 and 6.5. So far they seem quite stable and very tolerant. BUT it is still possible to get the miniature "retard".

* UPDATE *
Water pump was removed due to crap buildup in it. I am going to just leave it out for the whole grow. Had issues with my pH and that was the cause of it. Was also forced to use shitty pH down powders lately until my Advanced Nutrients pH down arrives. pH powders over time seperate and cause a big mess in the tank. Liquid all the way makes growing in hydro 10x easier.

L

LemonSkunk

pH has stabalized around 5.4..lower than I hoped, but I will let it ride. No sense adding anything I don't need. I have been using vinegar to adjust my pH instead of the junky backup powders.

L

LemonSkunk

All four are branching out now. pH has been kept between 5.6 and 6.0. I finally got my Advanced Nutrients pH down so I am back to using that. They were a little stunted for a few days with the pH fluctuations, but are doing great now. Root growth is amazing..(will show pictures soon). I have been using about 2-3tsp Sensi Bloom A+B. PPM has been hovering around 400. Pictures were taken today which makes them roughly 2 weeks old. I noticed the leaves have been starting to get a purple hue to them so flowering should be pretty soon....probably not noticeable in these pictures.

L

LemonSkunk

I noticed that 3 out of 4 of the plants have pre-flowers now and the new leaves are becoming very shiney/glazed with resin and have a very dark color to the leaves.

L

LemonSkunk

Still lots of preflowers no buds...:mmm:dull

pH 5.8-5.9 ppm 450-380 - have added Sensi Bloom to keep it in this region. They eat it up within days. Next dosage will be a little stronger.

L

LemonSkunk

Thread moved to a better forum..fucking idiot moderators go fuck a goat!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom