African-american Man Stopped By Michigan Cop For Walking With His Hands In His Pockets

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
john martin

john martin

Is the cop even legally allowed to record this man, as this man is not a public worker..?

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Did u guys even see the version the cop posted online??? the police officer justified his questioning. Someone called 911 reporting a suspiscious male walking back and forth in an angered demeanor with his hands in his pockets. When someone calls 911, cops are dispatched out to the scene. this is their job. he confronted the man, pulled his camera out just like the dude had his phone out and recorded the incident. Before the conversation was over, the dude "mcKean" turned off his camera while the cop kept recording. The man/"victim" acknowledged and understood why he was being questioned. He than said "thanks for doing your job and keeping the streets safe" shook the cops hand and walked away.....

Its headlines that make people jump to conclusions, just like the title of this thread. EVERYONE NEEDS TO RESEARCH AND DISCOVER THE TRUTH FOR THEMSELVES before they post opinions. the whole cop brutality thing is a fucking BANDWAGON. Ferguson was a joke, dude deserved to get what he got, U DONT FIGHT COPS. New York sounds brutal and unfair, but in hindsight, the guy was resisting the cops. "but he said he couldnt breath!" ... do you know how many people start complaining of ailments as soon as the cuffs come out?? Im not saying that it was right and its fucked up that the dude passed away, but if he would have just remained calm , went to jail, and let the judge decide who is guilty or not, then he would probably be free and alive today. Unfortunately it didnt happen like that.

When the cops get called to a scene 90% of the time someone gets arrested. That is their job, they are transporters so the one in the wrong can face a "fair" trial in front of a judge. you cant plead ur case in front of cops, they dont have the right to decide who is wrong or right. Just shut the fuck up and do as ur told.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
^^ Kinda posted the same thing on page 1 till it got buried by off topic shit on page 2 :D

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Did u guys even see the version the cop posted online??? the police officer justified his questioning. Someone called 911 reporting a suspiscious male walking back and forth in an angered demeanor with his hands in his pockets. When someone calls 911, cops are dispatched out to the scene. this is their job. he confronted the man, pulled his camera out just like the dude had his phone out and recorded the incident. Before the conversation was over, the dude "mcKean" turned off his camera while the cop kept recording. The man/"victim" acknowledged and understood why he was being questioned. He than said "thanks for doing your job and keeping the streets safe" shook the cops hand and walked away.....

Its headlines that make people jump to conclusions, just like the title of this thread. EVERYONE NEEDS TO RESEARCH AND DISCOVER THE TRUTH FOR THEMSELVES before they post opinions. the whole cop brutality thing is a fucking BANDWAGON. Ferguson was a joke, dude deserved to get what he got, U DONT FIGHT COPS. New York sounds brutal and unfair, but in hindsight, the guy was resisting the cops. "but he said he couldnt breath!" ... do you know how many people start complaining of ailments as soon as the cuffs come out?? Im not saying that it was right and its fucked up that the dude passed away, but if he would have just remained calm , went to jail, and let the judge decide who is guilty or not, then he would probably be free and alive today. Unfortunately it didnt happen like that.

When the cops get called to a scene 90% of the time someone gets arrested. That is their job, they are transporters so the one in the wrong can face a "fair" trial in front of a judge. you cant plead ur case in front of cops, they dont have the right to decide who is wrong or right. Just shut the fuck up and do as ur told.

@skuna tuna
Bandwagon that your obviously not riding eh, I know what your riding by the style of your writing.
Nobody is safe from the cops lil girls lil boys grandmas or pregnant women. Cops punish and enslave. That was and is well known. I'm not hating on you personally just on the fact that you have a problem with people being treated innocent before due process.

Last edited:
phoenixfire

phoenixfire

^^ Kinda posted the same thing on page 1 till it got buried by off topic shit on page 2 :D
Tell me if I interpret this reply correctly?

@LittleDabbie you agree with^^^ this opinion?

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

@skuna tuna
Bandwagon that your obviously not riding eh, I know what your riding by the style of your writing.
Nobody is safe from the cops lil girls lil boys grandmas or pregnant women. Cops punish and enslave. That was and is well known. I'm not hating on you personally just on the fact that you have a problem with people being treated innocent before due process.

i just dont like how the past two examples of police brutality are two very bad examples. my brother in law was murdered by the police. He came home drunk and passed out in his bed, woke up to someone knocking loudly at his door at 3am, he grabbed his shotgun and answered the door unaware that the knocking was coming from the police. they opened fire as soon as he opened the door. the words "drop your weapon" were never said. They never identified themselves as police. my bro never aimed or pointed the gun towards the officers... So with this being said, i feel that there is a problem. But these past examples are very poor instances and i feel that the media is fueling this hatred towards cops. and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon spreading false info. If you really want to see unjust shooting, look into "unarmed man shot in long beach" - this made no media headlines, an unarmed man was running from the cops and they opened fire and killed him... there was also another one in Anaheim where an unarmed man was shot and killed while he had his hands in the air. Oh and dont forget the North Carolina instance where a police officer fired on a man who was only reaching for his ID. These are real instances that should be talked about. Not some stupid white vs black race war when the victims ended dying because they chose not to comply. Its simple. This shit just irritates me and i havent paid much attention to it, maybe i just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today....

I didnt take your opinion personally. i respect your input. Have a good and fun sunday! and dont forget GO HAWKS!!!

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

and unfortunatley, the attention from the media and other individuals spreading hate has now resulted in the killing of two police officers that were sitting in their car in New York last night. the shooter posted what he did online and he recieved gratitude from others.... wtf. Those two officers could have been fathers, sons, husbands, law abiding citizens, maybe two guys that felt that they could possilby make a change for the better.. this is the shit that gets under my skin.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

I appreciate the response, condolences your brother in law should be alive. My point is so should these people who've been shot and killed by cops, they should be alive also. Punishment should match the crime, or we will devolve into dehumunaizing eachother throwing humans in cages or worse cement boxes with no sun or worse feed only enough to breathe oh shit wait we already do all that shit and more, fuck it man your right....

I change my stance, here bofore all cops and Leo riders, thank you so much Police and law enforcement of all kinds for protecting us worthy folk, and please do keep winning the wars on drugs, poverty, terror, crime, and the war on wicked, please all Citizens. ON. Patrol take a strong cold grip of your heaters and kill those unworthy heathens

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

and unfortunatley, the attention from the media and other individuals spreading hate has now resulted in the killing of two police officers that were sitting in their car in New York last night. the shooter posted what he did online and he recieved gratitude from others.... wtf. Those two officers could have been fathers, sons, husbands, law abiding citizens, maybe two guys that felt that they could possilby make a change for the better.. this is the shit that gets under my skin.
It's war didn't you hear, it's kill or be killed right? Kill em first before be killed or is it different for this civil war? Civilians vs civilians is a civil war or am I skewed hear.

S

smoothbud

Heck. Around here it is considered suspicious activity to have a backpack. Cops will pull over and ask whats in your backpack and use just the fact that you have a backpack to justify searching it. Courts in this state have upheld that it is reasonable for police to stop you and search your bag just for having one because it is suspicious activity to have one. I have trouble wrapping my head around the courts logic on this one.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Heck. Around here it is considered suspicious activity to have a backpack. Cops will pull over and ask whats in your backpack and use just the fact that you have a backpack to justify searching it. Courts in this state have upheld that it is reasonable for police to stop you and search your bag just for having one because it is suspicious activity to have one. I have trouble wrapping my head around the courts logic on this one.
I'm afraid it's gotten worse in the last few days soldiers coming back from middle east wars who have voiced opposition to the wars are being put on watch list and treated like terrorist here in their country that they just faught for plus don't be surprised when the go missing and no they are not going to join ISIS worse we will imprison them for a thaught

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

I agree that we all should treat eachother as we would want to be treated but how much can we blame the attacked for attacking back?
Yes i agree :D
Understood

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Theres good cops and theres bad cops... Just like theres good people and bad people...

Cops who think they make laws and decide which ones to enforce and how to go about enforcing said laws and clearly overstepping there bounds and code of conduct do not equate to a good cop..

A cop responding to a potential burglary did his job, cant blame him for recording him right back the way shit in ferguson went down 2 sides of the story completely different of each other.. So yeah in this particular case cop did his job, and I can relate to this situation, years ago I was sitting outside a house in rochester hills * Just outside of detroit * Job site we were doing the roof, Tear off and install yada yada, Anyway we were there parked waiting for the site manager to show up and not 15-20 mins later a cop rolls up behind me, long story short someone called the cops thinking we were casing the house and gonna rob it.. Neighbors had no idea who we were they never seen us before and we were just parked in a car across from the house just sittin there so it looked weird..

Cop was cool about it, checked my id and left no harm no foul.. In either situation things could have gone differently had either party decided..

Im not all about law enforcement being up in everyones shit all the time, but i do agree we do need police to maintain a somewhat civil way of life, after all id want my neighbors to call the cops if they thought someone was gonna break into my house, thats what good people do they look out for each other.. Store owner been fucked with alot in the past so who can blame him for being worried.

When i first posted the story all I / We knew was the details posted, as the day went on the truth came out and the story was not much of a story anymore, Interesting how that works when all the facts are presented :D

Shame we don't always get all the facts tho.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Theres good cops and theres bad cops... Just like theres good people and bad people...

Cops who think they make laws and decide which ones to enforce and how to go about enforcing said laws and clearly overstepping there bounds and code of conduct do not equate to a good cop..

A cop responding to a potential burglary did his job, cant blame him for recording him right back the way shit in ferguson went down 2 sides of the story completely different of each other.. So yeah in this particular case cop did his job, and I can relate to this situation, years ago I was sitting outside a house in rochester hills * Just outside of detroit * Job site we were doing the roof, Tear off and install yada yada, Anyway we were there parked waiting for the site manager to show up and not 15-20 mins later a cop rolls up behind me, long story short someone called the cops thinking we were casing the house and gonna rob it.. Neighbors had no idea who we were they never seen us before and we were just parked in a car across from the house just sittin there so it looked weird..

Cop was cool about it, checked my id and left no harm no foul.. In either situation things could have gone differently had either party decided..

Im not all about law enforcement being up in everyones shit all the time, but i do agree we do need police to maintain a somewhat civil way of life, after all id want my neighbors to call the cops if they thought someone was gonna break into my house, thats what good people do they look out for each other.. Store owner been fucked with alot in the past so who can blame him for being worried.

When i first posted the story all I / We knew was the details posted, as the day went on the truth came out and the story was not much of a story anymore, Interesting how that works when all the facts are presented :D

Shame we don't always get all the facts tho.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/to-serve-and-protect.67552/#post-1353488
One of many already existing threads
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/posts/1373548/

Top Bottom