African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Yes theres a lot of good strains they carry, ive only had good feedback about the 2 ive grown, one tested at 26%, the other 23% both were autos. I ended up getting a photo of both because the feedback was so good
Wow nice, Any chance you could tell me what the 26% auto was and your approximate yield?
I’ve started a file on strains that get very very positive reviews especially tested.
Thnx
(D. did mention one customer come in and said he was getting right around that I think 2526% THC I just didn’t ask to think what strain)

grnmtn

grnmtn

Out of 6 seeds two were male, two female and the other two leaning towards females. The males were extremely bushy and it appears one of the four left is a different pheno from all the rest. Bottom pic is other pheno.
IMG 20210717 041804825
IMG 20210717 041755303

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

my temp/humidity ranges from 73°-84° and humidity 43%-55%, depends on time of day. All i use for feeding is magic cal, and floranova.
All others were shorter and bushier like this...but I only sprouted six so this is just my observation from those.View attachment 1146848
Boy that bottom picture different pheno is Sativa all the way. Those shorter ones really look like some Indica in them, that’s interesting as these are F8s…
I’d breed that Sativa (because that’s what I’m after), if one of the males matched it.
These are Landrace F8s per D.
As I understand it, Indicas may have been introduced to Africa very early
& strains Developed across the continent
so a big if here, but maybe that’s what you’re seeing in your plants phenos ???
Trust me I’m NO expert…I’d pay D. just to talk on the phone pick his brain on soil mix and nutrients…!

((after researching the Ituri Forest soil & the African strain grown in southern Illinois Makanda valley outdoor grow 1980’s that produced a very powerful strain, I have some Soil & environment conditions ideas ???!
Medium nutrient loom soil—
Fox Farm Ocean Forest 40%
MO. river silt loom. 25%
(BAM according to poster here grows abundantly along the Ituri river banks, so why not add some river silt loom)
Sand. 10%
Clay. 10%
Perlite. 15%

Temp hot 82-85 (hotter better)
I would go hotter but that’s it for the house.
Humidity Veg 65-70% induced
“. “. Flower 50-40-35 to ripeness

Feed nutrient, haven’t totally decided on that yet…??? Any ideas from anyone
Please
((Been using Beastie Blooms on past flowering Autos with success
& Hoffman Super Manure pellets for
4-2-3 (also contains Cal/Mag) Veg period feeding, as most of my Auto strains didn’t like strong nuits))

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Right on, I just read a good article on that…I believe harvest the Buds & treat the plant like it’s still in veg & flip lights back to 18/6 or so. New shoots will come out.

Creating female pollen:
I tried colloidal Silver once on my females, but I think I had a shit product didn’t work. I was spraying it on, the quote below they were using a small artist paint brush.
I read this a while ago & will try it on the Black African Magic females.

Info was from a poster on another site:

View attachment 1146182

“This CS is 50ppm and can be purchased off of Amazon. Other places too possibly. I use it full strength. I pour enough from the big bottle into a small cobalt blue or dark brown bottle to treat the plant. I keep the big bottle in a thick dark wool sock in a dark closet to keep it good.
I treat only one branch and start applying the CS 5-7 days before flipping a photo plant to the flowering light cycle. I choose a branch lower down on the plant. I apply the CS right before lights out and can't stress this enough...DO IT EVERY NIGHT!

I do not spray it on I use a thick artists paint brush and brush it on the full length of the branch being sure to hit every node where leaves meet the branch or where side branches meet the main branch.”

ain Minerals
4.7 out of 5 stars
60Reviews
Liquid Silver Solution, 16 Oz, 50 PPM, Silver MTN Minerals, (Medical Purity Silver, Most Bioavailable colloidally Suspended Nano particulates)$24.50

Note-
anyone that reads this “DO NOT”, smoke any part of the plant that gets colloidal Silver on it, I think the small paint brush
controls over spray !
Actually, I think colloidal silver is hit and miss. Although, if your not into handling dangerous/toxic chemicals, this is probably the best solution. But it's only effective on some cultivars, others are more stubborn, and it's difficult to tell which will respond. Fresh STS (SILVER THIOSULFATE) 2 part is 100% effective, I've made it on several occasions, but handling pure silver nitrate is not for the weak of heart, or inexperienced hands, it's deadly poison.

If a few people are interested in having me mix up a batch of 2 part concentrate, I certainly don't mind doing it. But like you say, it needs to be kept in the dark, it's good for around 2 years in storage, but once it's mixed needs to be used in about 30 days, or so.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
View attachment 1147081
Ituri Mountain range…now let’s try
producing that in are grow tents…
WTF
Some of my land, (12 acres+) the waterfall next to it, several glacial fed creeks running though frankster canyon & the lake up above me on the mountain. 75 f is the average temps up there in the summer months. Fuck I need to get up there and check on things, I haven't been up there since last year.

1670672 2

Lake serene mount index mt baker snoqualmie national forest washington state PN1CHM
Sunrise marine layer
66511966 920417354967516 788023758903312384 n
Last edited:
extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

shaganja

shaganja

Boy that bottom picture different pheno is Sativa all the way. Those shorter ones really look like some Indica in them, that’s interesting as these are F8s…
I’d breed that Sativa (because that’s what I’m after), if one of the males matched it.
These are Landrace F8s per D.
As I understand it, Indicas may have been introduced to Africa very early
& strains Developed across the continent
so a big if here, but maybe that’s what you’re seeing in your plants phenos ???
Trust me I’m NO expert…I’d pay D. just to talk on the phone pick his brain on soil mix and nutrients…!

((after researching the Ituri Forest soil & the African strain grown in southern Illinois Makanda valley outdoor grow 1980’s that produced a very powerful strain, I have some Soil & environment conditions ideas ???!
Medium nutrient loom soil—
Fox Farm Ocean Forest 40%
MO. river silt loom. 25%
(BAM according to poster here grows abundantly along the Ituri river banks, so why not add some river silt loom)
Sand. 10%
Clay. 10%
Perlite. 15%

Temp hot 82-85 (hotter better)
I would go hotter but that’s it for the house.
Humidity Veg 65-70% induced
“. “. Flower 50-40-35 to ripeness

Feed nutrient, haven’t totally decided on that yet…??? Any ideas from anyone
Please
((Been using Beastie Blooms on past flowering Autos with success
& Hoffman Super Manure pellets for
4-2-3 (also contains Cal/Mag) Veg period feeding, as most of my Auto strains didn’t like strong nuits))
Yeah, f8's and not identical plants? We will see about these. Will take pic when she gets older, but have a thin leaf pheno going also.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Yeah, f8's and not identical plants? We will see about these. Will take pic when she gets older, but have a thin leaf pheno going also.
I’m curious to see what phenos I get, I certainly plan on crossing like for like
tall/tall which is what I’m looking for and bushy/bushy just for seeds. As the original is to be Sativa dominate, id like to keep that ?
Maybe I’ll get both ! I have another
African high Thc strain I want to cross with ;)

(Looks like your training worked well)

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Got the BAM (Black African Magic) seeds in today. They look healthy & ready for lift off ^|
Got freebies as well that look very healthy…

Marijuanaseedconnect.com the man ;)
If I lived in Tempe I’d bake him one of my
delicious Boston Creme Pies (Highs) 🤪

F297A2E9 EA49 432C 8025 3E5B51E6F480

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Don’t know, just your pics. And this
pic from National Geographic article:
Look at the height of these I would think sativa dominant plants, also note the internodal stretch …

a man harvesting marijuana

“An elder of a Pygmy village cultivates the marijuana plants he secretly grows inside Virunga National Park, a protected area in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo where the area's indigenous people once hunted and gathered.”
This just happens to be in the same area of the Ituri Rain Forest - hot humid & by equator HIGH Elevation & “”UV “”
Put some UV lights on those girls…😱

As I understand it many of the African strains have Indica genes from thousands of years ago ? So I could see getting several phenotypes of growth pattern.

Quote:
“Black African Magic cannabis strain is a rare Sativa landrace hailing from the Ituri Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo. It is very high in THC and THCV, meaning that this strain is much too potent for beginners. Buds are so purple-blue they. almost appear black,, with matching leaves and an almost mystical aura around them. African Black Magic cannabis strain is ideal for daytime usage.

Type of High​

Black African Magic cannabis strain’s high is a psychedelic trip which an be an almost spiritual experience for users, but a bit overwhelming for those who prefer more control and functionality in their head high.

Genetics​

Lineage: The genetic origins of Black African Magic cannabis strain are currently unknown.

Indica / Sativa Ratio​

• Pure Sativa

Average THC / CBD Level​

• —/22.00% THC (D. Says up to 29% possible on his strain)
  • —/0.54% CBD
  • —/0.13% CBN”

• Per D.
  • Below
    Black African Magic strain of weed found in the Ituri Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo and that the Pygmies of the forest smoke it and it is said to be very psychedelic, probably due to equatorial conditions this strain has adapted to high uv rays and probably started producing high levels of THC and THCV and that could explain it’s high psychedelic activity.
    29% THC.

• Found this article: https://coloradocannabismagazine.com/
    “black african magic seeds
    I recently came back from a trip to Africa and brought back some.
    ”Black African” seeds.
    I’m a half-caste Nigerian so I visit the continent quite often.
    I sent them in 3 packages to several safe addresses back over the ocean and they literally just arrived! I’m so fukking stoked u guys!! :rock
    I’m going to germ sum next month, can’t wait to see how they turn out under my artificial sun.
    He took me into a ”bush” and in the center of it was a small cleared area.
    He had alot of stuff growing and gave me a little tour.
    After a while of smoking and talking we got to the Black Magic.
    ”OMFG” were literally the first words that fell out my mouth.
    The buds had like a black/blueish hue around it.
    The shit scared me a little bit it had like, an aura? lol
    seriously tho, it had some nice pigmentation going on on the buds.
    The leaves were very dark blue steadily darkening to black on the tips of the leaves. YEAH BLUE not purple!!
    The buds smelled like colonels Sander’s secret mix of herbs and spices. A very pungent smell.
    Aloha fellow growers!
    After some travelling trough central-Africa I came across some premium weed simply called ”black juju” meaning black voodoo/magic.
    This shit made me go maddd :icon_dizzy: trippiest high I’ve ever experienced for sure!
    I smoked it in daytime under the hot African sun so I thought that had something to do with it, so I smoked sum again in the night.
    THE SHIT GOT ME EVEN HIGHER! I thought it was laced or something??
    Black Magic seeds
    I fell in love! I immediately asked him if he could share some beans.
    And thank God he said: no problem my man! :rasta2:
    We left the bush and he took me back to his compound.
    He went inside his crib and took a big brown paper bag wit him.
    It was full of FAT dark seeds! I’ve never seen any beans this big! so I scored about 100 beans!
    One week later I visited the dealer that sold me the herb.. I asked him for more info bout this particular strain.
    He told me they call it juju ojii on the streets, quick Igbo lessons: juju means magic and oji means black.
    The strain did not originate from that region, it was brought in from Tanzania according to him.
    It was like I was interrogating him so he noticed how interested I was and asked me if I would like to see his current grow.
    Black Magic seeds Aloha fellow growers! I recently came back from a trip to Africa and brought back some ''Black African'' seeds. I'm a half-caste…”.

Most interesting found this on Seedsbay.com. “

About Black African Magic seeds​

The Black African Magic strain is an indica pure strain with a level of 22 percent THC. This strain has approximately 0.54% CBD. Black African Magic is also known as abbreviated. Black African Magic will grow into a fine marijuana plant with a great yield. Growing Black African Magic seeds is fun and with the right info anyone can cultivate this cannabis plant, the Black African Magic has an average flowering time.
    There is no seedbank selling Black African Magic seeds, as soon as we know a shop which are selling Black African Magic seeds, we will post it here.”

• ((& You appear to be showing both Indica and sativa in your grow)) !?!

Interesting YouTube video:

We haven fun yet ?

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

I agree, keep us tuned in with those great pics…& maybe a smoke report.
I wonder how much Thc etc. testing cost now ?

After I cross m/f, I’ll be most likely crossing again with Malawi or Golden Tiger by Ace…just depends how happy I am with the strain.
Time Time Time !

Top Bottom