Agree this is female and WWYD?

• Thread starter countryliving
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

countryliving

Totally new to this. I believe this is a female? WWYD- This picture posted is from a plant I know nothing about. I bought some good female seeds and I have one I started. Would you throw the unknown plant away so it does not cross pollinate? If you would keep the unknown plant, how far away should I plant the good one away from it? Thanks

Agree this is female and wwyd
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yes, it's a female.

You want to get rid of it so it doesn't cross pollinate? Don't you want females? Where would the pollen be coming from? I don't understand your quandary.

C

countryliving

Yes, it's a female.

You want to get rid of it so it doesn't cross pollinate? Don't you want females? Where would the pollen be coming from? I don't understand your quandary.
This is how new I am lol...I didn't know if they were different strains and if the quality of one is better than the other if you would not want them to cross pollinate and downgrade the better plant with the unknown plants pollen. But I now know that was a dumb thought by your reply 😆

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Usually growers remove male plants. The males are the source of pollen and females are the pollen collectors. 2 true females will not pollinate each other. However, cannabis can be a bit sexually fluid and produce what is called hermaphrodite flowers ... which is both male and female. These flowers can contaminate an entire crop if allowed to remain in the grow area or if male flowers go undetected.

There's a wealth of reading on the internet that can help you out. At this point you sound so new its time to grab a few books written by the pros (Rosenthal or Cervantez books would be a good start.) There's much to know. It's not as simple as plant a seed and water.

C

countryliving

Usually growers remove male plants. The males are the source of pollen and females are the pollen collectors. 2 true females will not pollinate each other. However, cannabis can be a bit sexually fluid and produce what is called hermaphrodite flowers ... which is both male and female. These flowers can contaminate an entire crop if allowed to remain in the grow area or if male flowers go undetected.

There's a wealth of reading on the internet that can help you out. At this point you sound so new its time to grab a few books written by the pros (Rosenthal or Cervantez books would be a good start.) There's much to know. It's not as simple as plant a seed and water.
Thank you so much for this reply! I will for sure get ahold of those books!

Top Bottom