agrichar/biochar

• Thread starter mace
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hubcap

hubcap

no but thats an interesting way to deliver a myco charge
(if im understanding its application correctly)

mace

mace

no but thats an interesting way to deliver a myco charge
(if im understanding its application correctly)

i've seen a bunch of stuff on this, appearntly the Mayans developed the tech a long time ago and the char is style helping the soil in that country.

hubcap

hubcap

im very interested in this...
you got any more links to info on this mace?

txs in adv

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Mace is right, the mayans used to call that type of soil black gold, as the yield of grain crops grown on black gold soil would be double, this is one theory on how large populations would of been supported.
The charcoal within the soil holds on to the nutrients rather than leeching out the soil/....

hubcap

hubcap

ahhh...
same as in volcanic soil structures.

never seen this application in any of the stores..
this fairly new to our sport?

mace

mace

fairly new product. The science was rediscovered by a Australian. It's bio-degradable matter, made into charcoal in a oxygen free environment. It's actually applicable as a power generation device since it's a carbon sink and generates power from the process. I would really love to own one of these machines!

You can buy th bags online, but very few outlet's that i have run across. I've yet to order any, though will soon.

M

Max Paynal

Hi Mace,

I'm getting ready to try it. I've done research. Your best bet is to buy Cowboy Charcoal, 'cause it is all natural hardwood with no fillers found at your grocery; maybe..

The key is to make sure that you ground it up well.

Yields may increase by 20%. The scientists still are studying the potential yields; especially for "approved cash crops, such as CORN".

Do some more research and let us know what you find out. I'm excited about it!

Matt

K

kingbott

In case anyone else is interested, here is a BBC video on Terra Preta or "Black Gold"

There are countless other scientific videos to watch. Just type "Terra Preta" into the youtube search. Also many home-made and DIY biochar burners.

Latest posts

Top Bottom