AHHHH! Lost my dope scope!

• Thread starter TheOtherOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

SO..... I have misplaced my jeweler's loupe and am getting to a point where I think I may be ready to at least start flushing. I need a second opinion. and third and fourth hopefully lol I'd like this to be unanimous if at all possible. EDIT: Also, the brown on the leaves is not mold, it is leftover damage from a PH issue that I am constantly battling due to the PH of our tap water being 9 or more on bad days.

20200810 120301
20200810 120257
20200810 120246
20200810 120236
20200810 120130
20200810 120115
R

redshift75

not that frosty but the rest of it looks good and has the signs as far as the hairs. Is this just the most developed bud? maybe back build off this site? see if the rest swells? Depends on what you are going for with the whole milky/amber thing. Im always more concerned with the swell or full development. Not necessarily full amber. But at minimum the milky triches. Id personally have no issues if i took that bud site and back builded my plant and if the rest stayed the same - id probably start my harvest. Its all preference to your taste and how you feel. I just harvested an auto early because i was concerned spider mites hit a plant next to it. So i didnt want to lose it. ideal to my preference... No. But ill take something over nothing. So all that personal preference aside. I wouldnt be mad at it but id probably go a touch longer or back build(but again thats a personal preference of a technique). which is hard to tell without a loop. But it does display signs of maturity all around.

I understand your ph issues i had to go RO at my new farm. because the new well i had to install gets PH swings terribly. Where the old one i wanted to keep but was forced to upgrade by the city did not. So i found when i switched to RO i just do about 80/20 ro/tap. helped me so much with that.

Madmax

Madmax

Id like to see a pic of the whole plant..whats the strain do you know..it doesnt look that far off.i use to harvest when 3/4s of the hairs were brown when had no loupe...or bout 8 8 1/2 weeks if indica..never grown a sativa would youbelieve in 30 odd yrs.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

not that frosty but the rest of it looks good and has the signs as far as the hairs. Is this just the most developed bud? maybe back build off this site? see if the rest swells? Depends on what you are going for with the whole milky/amber thing. Im always more concerned with the swell or full development. Not necessarily full amber. But at minimum the milky triches. Id personally have no issues if i took that bud site and back builded my plant and if the rest stayed the same - id probably start my harvest. Its all preference to your taste and how you feel. I just harvested an auto early because i was concerned spider mites hit a plant next to it. So i didnt want to lose it. ideal to my preference... No. But ill take something over nothing. So all that personal preference aside. I wouldnt be mad at it but id probably go a touch longer or back build(but again thats a personal preference of a technique). which is hard to tell without a loop. But it does display signs of maturity all around.

I understand your ph issues i had to go RO at my new farm. because the new well i had to install gets PH swings terribly. Where the old one i wanted to keep but was forced to upgrade by the city did not. So i found when i switched to RO i just do about 80/20 ro/tap. helped me so much with that.
Back Build? Never heard this term before. As far as preferences, I prefer an uplifting effect. Also do not know what you are refering to when you say "RO" either. Care to elaborate on these terms?

Id like to see a pic of the whole plant..whats the strain do you know..it doesnt look that far off.i use to harvest when 3/4s of the hairs were brown when had no loupe...or bout 8 8 1/2 weeks if indica..never grown a sativa would youbelieve in 30 odd yrs.

Pics here are of individual branches. I Used them for moms and did a strip bare cloning and sent them into flower. I had 7 of them, but I didnt like the genetics and was ending the line, so I killed 5 of them cloning and saved these 2, then following PH issues wreaked havoc so they are over lollipopped and pruned to the point of what one would refer to as schwazzing, although that was not my intent. The over pruning was due to the surplus of leaves dying due to previously mentioned PH issues. But the pics are here for you

R

redshift75

Id like to see a pic of the whole plant..whats the strain do you know..it doesnt look that far off.i use to harvest when 3/4s of the hairs were brown when had no loupe...or bout 8 8 1/2 weeks if indica..never grown a sativa would youbelieve in 30 odd yrs

RO is reverse osmosis water.

Back building is a technique where you cut off the top most developed bud or in some practice pinch the very top of buds hoping the hormones help other buds further down the chain or that bud to swell out(or something to that effect). the effect some people experience when they do multiple cuts to harvest waiting for development vs harvesting the entire plant. Which is what it is for me. i take off the most developed ones and give as long as i can for the rest to fully develop. i typically always cut off the tip much like fimming for this effect early on week 4-5. hence the back building. Building up the buds further down the line figuratively in the back.

Typically people use it as a pinch of the bud to make it swell out more for commercial harvest practices. but you get same effect i find when i just harvest developed buds and let the rest develop. Im on my 4th cut on a blue dream and every cut has been better than the last as far as fullness and frost. started off like that first cut and by last cut is one of my frostiest. Lots of information out there on it far greater than i can explain. Just again is a technique of preference on how you want to harvest. today or tomorrow will be the last harvest from my blue dream and i have to say im not disappointed in the practice at all. I could probably even still let this last cut develop another week but they have just started to go near 10% amber so its about that time for my preference. Just one of those practices i was shown early on that i have stuck with.

In my context was simply just harvesting the most developed buds and harvesting the rest as they develop. Since i suspect you didnt take pictures of the most immature buds on the plant was the basis of my suggestion. harvest whats mature, and let the rest develop. hard to tell from the limited photos and no mention of genetics what the overall of the plant was to say one way or another in the 1st post. if thats the entire plant it just may be ready for a harvest that will take your best judgement on the development.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

RO is reverse osmosis water.

Back building is a technique where you cut off the top most developed bud or in some practice pinch the very top of buds hoping the hormones help other buds further down the chain or that bud to swell out(or something to that effect). the effect some people experience when they do multiple cuts to harvest waiting for development vs harvesting the entire plant. Which is what it is for me. i take off the most developed ones and give as long as i can for the rest to fully develop. i typically always cut off the tip much like fimming for this effect early on week 4-5. hence the back building. Building up the buds further down the line figuratively in the back.

Typically people use it as a pinch of the bud to make it swell out more for commercial harvest practices. but you get same effect i find when i just harvest developed buds and let the rest develop. Im on my 4th cut on a blue dream and every cut has been better than the last as far as fullness and frost. started off like that first cut and by last cut is one of my frostiest. Lots of information out there on it far greater than i can explain. Just again is a technique of preference on how you want to harvest. today or tomorrow will be the last harvest from my blue dream and i have to say im not disappointed in the practice at all. I could probably even still let this last cut develop another week but they have just started to go near 10% amber so its about that time for my preference. Just one of those practices i was shown early on that i have stuck with.

In my context was simply just harvesting the most developed buds and harvesting the rest as they develop. Since i suspect you didnt take pictures of the most immature buds on the plant was the basis of my suggestion. harvest whats mature, and let the rest develop. hard to tell from the limited photos and no mention of genetics what the overall of the plant was to say one way or another in the 1st post. if thats the entire plant it just may be ready for a harvest that will take your best judgement on the development.
Ahh, ok, we just used to call that a split harvest, and would take the top buds and leave the bottoms to finish out, but due to factors out of my control I had to lollipop waaaaayy more than I would ever call an appropriate amount, so what you are looking at is actually the whole plant. I am thinking about throwing a top dress of langbeinite down today, then starting a 7 day flush on friday, to cut down next friday. And hopefully that will help the nugs fill out and frost up a bit. TBH, these plants shouldnt even be alive. They came from hermie genetics and were only grown so that I could learn how to clone. They went up to 6 days without water with up to 40 days no food or care. They got shoved in the attic and forgotten about until I was ready to clone them. And I did, succssfully, sort of. I had 90% success with getting them to root, then my rabbits broke out of their cage and ate all of the clones lmao. So the fact that these ladies are even living, let alone actually have thc in them is a miracle in it's own right. Thanks for the notes, fellas!

R

redshift75

Ahh, ok, we just used to call that a split harvest, and would take the top buds and leave the bottoms to finish out, but due to factors out of my control I had to lollipop waaaaayy more than I would ever call an appropriate amount, so what you are looking at is actually the whole plant. I am thinking about throwing a top dress of langbeinite down today, then starting a 7 day flush on friday, to cut down next friday. And hopefully that will help the nugs fill out and frost up a bit. TBH, these plants shouldnt even be alive. They came from hermie genetics and were only grown so that I could learn how to clone. They went up to 6 days without water with up to 40 days no food or care. They got shoved in the attic and forgotten about until I was ready to clone them. And I did, succssfully, sort of. I had 90% success with getting them to root, then my rabbits broke out of their cage and ate all of the clones lmao. So the fact that these ladies are even living, let alone actually have thc in them is a miracle in it's own right. Thanks for the notes, fellas!
they look good. i wouldnt be mad at it for how they turned out. Especially when in my case its personal smoke. Any of the stuff i dont out right enjoy i tend to either mix or turn into oil or butter for baking. We all get those buds that we dont just outright enjoy, I actually didnt think id like this blue dream i grew at all. Totally screwed up that auto grow. I left it in a small pot and put the auto in the photo pot and the photo in the auto pot. So my photo Was sitting in a 10gal air pot and i left the auto in this tiny pot. It was root bound terribly when it started to flower and was maybe 12" and all said and done im still just shy of the 4oz dry weight and i half about an ounce or better still waiting to be cut. So honestly then i compare the first buds that dried. This thing is in almost week 21 of flower. Its the lamest plant i ever had in terms of maturity flowering. Id never grow it again. But im not mad at it. It was free seeds. I was out and hoped 2 autos would hold me but only 1 sprouted. So in the case of something vs nothing. I choose something 100% of the time. Unless it has to do with health or safety risks. Then i never risk it.

i wouldnt grow it again and although could've been my fault for letting it get root bound. It started to flower about 4 weeks in. Then has taken me 4 months to finish the flower and harvest. If it wasnt in my tent for making seeds id be pissed. but since everything else is getting the primary light im not mad at it. Thats only bonus to it, is its a plant i threw in the corner and outside caring for it. Never really put much effort into. So i feel you on that portion 100%. keep up the great work :)

Top Bottom