Ain't that a pisser...?

• Thread starter Hidd3nGr0w
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

So I had just resurrected some old school Sour Widow birdseed I found after many years. Only getting 4 of 30 to germ and grow, I was fortunate enough to find a male and make a fresh batch of bird seed. So, I'm going through the progeny of the first female just a couple at a time, taking time to learn the plants again and find this beauty.
Aint that a pisser

Stacking hard and looking good. Letting it grow free form, no training, topped a couple times nothing major, just to see how she grows. I'm thinking I got something to work with here as far as structure goes, but in day 14 look what I find
Aint that a pisser 2

Aint that a pisser 3

Aint that a pisser 4

So I am pretty bummed, the first picture was taken day 35 of the flower cycle, 3 weeks after I pulled her out of the tent, and she has been given no water for 3 weeks, and subjected to a non temp controlled environment (temps around 50) and look how she is still thriving, DAMN I hate to cull such a hardy plant. Lets add insult to injury though,BECAUSE I did not catch her soon enough.
Aint that a pisser 5
Aint that a pisser 6
Aint that a pisser 7

Oh yeah, as if that wasn't bad enough, somehow I mis-read my ph and been feeding my girls at 8.0 ph for the last week. Sorry for the poor me rant, just had to vent, but damn it sux to have to look at brown, immature, larf buds for the next 4-6 weeks. Almost takes the joy out of going to the garden. Needless to say, all the seeds are going in the bird feeder or maybe add some chia, strawberry and banana and make a healthy smoothy.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

before all the fancy bells n whistles, this was the epitome of feminized... and as a lil jizz handling, doesn't turn your stomach... like u said- not much training- u COULD set them free... a birdseed in the hand... know what I'm sayin? u seem ok, with making the most of it, anyway.
a lil rh play and if u happen to know the climate of the indigenous... try an rh swing, n maybe you'll have some non herm, dead ringers? worked out "ok"... on my last.
u aren't the first kid on ur block for this I'm sure many more mourners, will turn up, once the coffee's ready. I'm not cleanin the pot, or drinkin that Starbucks tastin, burnt krap, that's like that white stuff, that forms in the corner of shorn doods mouths.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

before all the fancy bells n whistles, this was the epitome of feminized... and as a lil jizz handling, doesn't turn your stomach... like u said- not much training- u COULD set them free... a birdseed in the hand... know what I'm sayin? u seem ok, with making the most of it, anyway.
a lil rh play and if u happen to know the climate of the indigenous... try an rh swing, n maybe you'll have some non herm, dead ringers? worked out "ok"... on my last.
u aren't the first kid on ur block for this I'm sure many more mourners, will turn up, once the coffee's ready. I'm not cleanin the pot, or drinkin that Starbucks tastin, burnt krap, that's like that white stuff, that forms in the corner of shorn doods mouths.
Yeah its a bummer, the other 2 ladies of the 3 birdseeds I popped show no signs at all. Weird, I would think it would show in all of them, maybe it was something recessive, that just showed in the one? Does any one know if this was common in either original Sour Diesel or the White Widow?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i believe u to b correct.

i hadn't heard anything. never (actually) considered that, when researching strains and can't believe i hadn't. u tried that, as a search term?

that ww- BE CAREFUL, with concentrates. hey, i like the roller coaster, too. yesterday, i had a 3hr tour, of delusion and psychosis, SOOO bad, i assumed it was a leftover, opioid gift... i was literally, askin friends about mft family members because i felt it was beyond my bag of trix, to fix, solo...
naturally, i embraced it and have doubled the capsule content, since...
phenom choice, for chronic pain, as well, btw.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah its a bummer, the other 2 ladies of the 3 birdseeds I popped show no signs at all. Weird, I would think it would show in all of them, maybe it was something recessive, that just showed in the one? Does any one know if this was common in either original Sour Diesel or the White Widow?

Sour diesel is sensitive and easy to reverse in my opinion.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Sour diesel is sensitive and easy to reverse in my opinion.
Gotcha. If the pheno is that sensitive I still need to cull it, if I have two other that are not and plenty more birdseed. Thanks for the reply!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

So I finally got tired of looking at the tent, two of the plants had another week, and the other 2+. It is what it is, and I got to own it, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I do not think the extra weeks are worth it, and I am tired of looking at it.

I got to figure out what this lady wants! I am not sure if its my fault or the genetics, definitely going to run it again and try some new idea's. Nanners late flower are worrisome but not a deal breaker, of more concern is what appears to be lock out or Mag def. I just started growing this after about 12 yrs. so it is probably error on my part.

I just hate to throw out something that grows like this. I see now why I kept the seeds around, it was badass outside with arm long buds. I do not remember these herm and nanner problems though. Maybe, I should go back to chicken poop and epsom salts. j/k *shrugs*

Anyway, now I have room to stretch her sister out and see what I get. Week 3 of flower and starting to see red striped limbs which is not cool.

If any one has any suggestions or tips for Sour D x WW crosses, I am all ears or eyes as the case may be. As of right now my inclination is she is a greedy MAG whore.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Like i said above about easy reversal.

Sour diesel and sativa phenos of white widow are both very touchy sensitive plants in my experience. Hard to dial in feed ec. I sometimes feel like i am both over and underfeeding. When in doubt leach with fresh water and re feed a lesser strength balanced complete grow type ratio nute. Always err on the side of too little. Once they get locked up they are a bitch.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Like i said above about easy reversal.

Sour diesel and sativa phenos of white widow are both very touchy sensitive plants in my experience. Hard to dial in feed ec. I sometimes feel like i am both over and underfeeding. When in doubt leach with fresh water and re feed a lesser strength balanced complete grow type ratio nute. Always err on the side of too little. Once they get locked up they are a bitch.
I appreciate the input. I did a hard flush last week, minimal improvement, but it was improvement. I started using straight water from then on. Just tired of looking at it honestly, and this late in the game, not much I could do to help lock out, if that's the main culprit. Going to do some things different with the sis and see what happens. Should be ready to go again with what I just harvested when sis is done and experiment a little more. Thanks MMG fo sho!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I appreciate the input. I did a hard flush last week, minimal improvement, but it was improvement. I started using straight water from then on. Just tired of looking at it honestly, and this late in the game, not much I could do to help lock out, if that's the main culprit. Going to do some things different with the sis and see what happens. Should be ready to go again with what I just harvested when sis is done and experiment a little more. Thanks MMG fo sho!!!

In peak flower after flushing out the nutrients that are blocking the roots basically it is important to get a light balanced feed back in so they can continue growing with some of everything they need.

The flushing disrupts things and washes away nutes leaving the medium out of balance for NPK and micro nutes.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

In peak flower after flushing out the nutrients that are blocking the roots basically it is important to get a light balanced feed back in so they can continue growing with some of everything they need.

The flushing disrupts things and washes away nutes leaving the medium out of balance for NPK and micro nutes.
If it was week 3-5 of flower i would probably have continued the grow to see if I could get it worked out. Week 8 not so much, even though I was planning on 10 weeks for the plant. I do wonder though if the second top dress I did mixing my fruit and flower 5-8-4 with all purpose 5-5-5 caused it to lock out from N overload. While that worked fine for my other 2 plants, this grow and the last, it may have been too much for this SDxWW plant now that I am finding out how sensitive it is. I will just give the sis fruit and flower this feeding coming up and check the results.

I bet that is it. Thanks for letting me talk it through, or type it through.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Update on sis, red stem issue is under control, I hope. I think I had a lot of variables that worked well for my other two plants that were just too much for this type of plant. I appreciate @MIMedGrower for the insight into a Sour D/White Widow cross. I am thinking I had a severe N toxicity issue as well as major Mag deficiency. So this top dressing I only used my fruit and flower (3-8-4) and I have watered it twice with 500ml of Epsom Salts water, and added a little MammothP ( .4ml per gallon) to my usual watering.

Looks like the red stemming was been stopped dead in its tracks. I still think I am showing toxicity issues which may or may not correct themselves as I continue to water in the low N top feeding. Some damage never goes away. Not expecting to break any yield records with this, but I did learn some valuable lessons with this particular cross. The next plant on deck is the pheno I pulled early in the pics a couple weeks ago and I will be expecting to do, what I consider to be, a whole lot better with it, especially if I can keep from stunting its growth in the first 4 weeks of flower. Big ups to MMG for the insights, can not thank you enough for your knowledge!

B

Burned Haze

When to harvest = Maybe 1-4 more weeks ( check your run off and if it is high em do 3 week flush instead of 1 week ) and if you can run that more dominate sativa more time, I think you will be more happy with the end results ? Everyday counts ! those buds are going to shirivle up when dry and cure, why rush so,etching that looks so airy? I understand it can be genetics but I haven’t seen many genetics that can’t gain from a little time ( are you checking under a good scope,like a usb scope , I suggest a 100x-1000x from amazon . They are cheap and will do the job and also be a great tool for IPM )

anyways people a lot of the time will follow what the “ seed maker” states on the seed pack when it should be harvested, we’ll follow when trichs should be harvested . Google it ( cloudy 30%-50% and some people wait till borderline amber, it’s all a art or your choice ) you just can’t look at the trichs , hairs or weeks and say “ it’s done”

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

When to harvest = Maybe 1-4 more weeks ( check your run off and if it is high em do 3 week flush instead of 1 week ) and if you can run that more dominate sativa more time, I think you will be more happy with the end results ? Everyday counts ! those buds are going to shirivle up when dry and cure, why rush so,etching that looks so airy? I understand it can be genetics but I haven’t seen many genetics that can’t gain from a little time ( are you checking under a good scope,like a usb scope , I suggest a 100x-1000x from amazon . They are cheap and will do the job and also be a great tool for IPM )

anyways people a lot of the time will follow what the “ seed maker” states on the seed pack when it should be harvested, we’ll follow when trichs should be harvested . Google it ( cloudy 30%-50% and some people wait till borderline amber, it’s all a art or your choice ) you just can’t look at the trichs , hairs or weeks and say “ it’s done”
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Not even thinking about harvest till mid week 9 going into 10, Saturday will be start of week 6, so yeah another 3-4 weeks.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Edit: My fruit and flower NPK is actually 5-8-4 as previously stated, not 3-8-4 from my last posts. I did not add in the All purpose this time, which is 5-5-5.

Yeeeaaahhh Booiii!!!! Smoke ya another one!!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Another update, LoL, we got nanner city.

I would almost think this stuff is too unstable to work with indoors. Like I said I do not remember these issues outside. I am seeing some hopeful signs though and we will see what it do next round with the sister. The leaf's look way more healthy this round as compared to my first photos in this thread. I do not think she likes a lot of N, I am still showing toxicity issues, curling very shiney leaf's, but no where near as bad as the other plant.

We gonna get this girl figured out. What should have been the last push for the plant to get seeded, that last burst of new pistil growth and over all bud swelling, turned into a last push to seed itself. The Epsom Salts worked, as the stem reddening stopped and is actually starting to correct itself after I doubled the dose of the light mix, at the start of this week (week starts on Saturday for me). Not much I can do now though, everything is starting to slow down with the plant feeding and if it isn't uptaking nutes heavily now, any changes will be at a glacial pace. I can ride it out another 10 days though and make adjustments moving forward with the sister and this one again after that. You do not get progress with out the process.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Seen so many hermies like this lately. She looks very nutrient stressed. But to have balls like that and pistils is weird and should be rare. What is up with genetics anymore. We used to be able to trust every seed pretty much.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i was lookin at a pic of my own, today... isn't THAT kinda clawing, k? and ur hunter green, the N, u mentioned. just askin... more self serving... the epsom... u were usin for mag, or what? just a refresher for me... I'm aero, but would b of service if i could. med's better at this...

sorry bout the nannerz.

hey- thems will b old school femz, won't they?

hidden, did i meet u on another site, before?

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Seen so many hermies like this lately. She looks very nutrient stressed. But to have balls like that and pistils is weird and should be rare. What is up with genetics anymore. We used to be able to trust every seed pretty much.
I can not knock the cross or the seeds. I got them years ago, and like I said I do not remember any problems like this outdoors, as much as I hate to admit it I think its my fault not the genetics. My personal opinion is that the plant was close to dying (red stemmed) and when things got straightened out a little it focused all its stored energy that was keeping it alive on self replication. Its the only thing that makes sense of how it went from no nanners to everything nanners with pistils growing out of them. I should do a two stage harvest and see if the lower and inner growth will revert back to all pisitils again but I am out of time and space, and close to the end anyway. The red stemming though is starting to clear up especially lower stems, some going completely green, others just red stripped now, and slowly starting to move up the plant. I got a healthy clone of the previous one ready to go, so I want to see if I have it figured out.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

i was lookin at a pic of my own, today... isn't THAT kinda clawing, k? and ur hunter green, the N, u mentioned. just askin... more self serving... the epsom... u were usin for mag, or what? just a refresher for me... I'm aero, but would b of service if i could. med's better at this...

sorry bout the nannerz.

hey- thems will b old school femz, won't they?

It could be K but I am leaning towards N lock out for the other reason you said, the hunter green look. Yeah the Epsom was for Mag, I do not think I gave it enough to hamper the P uptake. That is something I am I am thinking about for the next grow of this though. Walked on the edge of the knife my whole life no need to stop now.

Dude, I promise she said she was not married! How could I know?

Top Bottom