Ain't that a pisser...?

• Thread starter Hidd3nGr0w
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i know- it sux, when any of us have an oops, but i love those who document the struggles and the pics r invaluable... least, to me... i learn sooo much more, at such an accelerated rate, when growers, like yourselves, don't hide the real GOLD...
thank u, for this...

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Quick update. Chopped this plant and reset room. Point is not how much I got off this plant, but what I learned or rather what was confirmed.
Red2

Red3

You can still seen the darker red stem towards the end of the branch, you can also see where the branch is turning back to green moving from the bottom up. The Epsom Salts seemed to do the trick and might have totally corrected if left alone another couple weeks. I am out of space and do not want to waste any more time on this one, choosing instead to reset and try something different with plant from start of thread. Fan leaf's were removed before pics.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i respect that u still glove up, just for that.

I'm off, today so lil stupid, but the lessons! spell em out for me? this is often the real gold... i don't want to miss something. and thank u!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

i respect that u still glove up, just for that.

I'm off, today so lil stupid, but the lessons! spell em out for me? this is often the real gold... i don't want to miss something. and thank u!
Ok. I think both the plants were over fed resulting in N toxicity issues. The mix that wrecked the first plant was cut out with the second and I halved the fruit and flower recommended amendment for this run. Started adding small amounts of Epsom Salts to the new plant in flower DURING veg to try to address the Mag issues before they get started as well as a feed chart for the Epsom every other week which may change to either a higher dose of Epsom or more frequent usage depending how things are going. I am concerned, but not overly so about now having salt build up and/or hampering of P uptake. Just have to wait and see for those. Tent is reset with new plant and a few testers for male/female and what I actually have from some crosses I did.Sour D x White widow and Polyhybrid x Polyhybrid = Who Knows What.
Fl1

Not really worried about stretch on the testers that will be looked at after I get a finished product and rerun as full fledged plants to see what the plant is capable of producing. This is not a breeding project but strictly for variety in my medicine, though I may save a male if I get one of the Sour D x White Widow (these testers are progeny of the second pheno of the original seed making adventure, which I may cross with the sisters I am working with now, which were progeny from the first pheno I started the thread with).

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Update. Started week 1 of flower. Unexpected quick flip from the plant into flower. Started showing NEW pistils (not sex confirming pistils from veg) 4 days from light flip. Going to spot it a couple days and just call Saturday day 1 of flower so start of week 1.
Week 1

So far so good. We are on cruise control.
Top view

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

they volunteered, or u forced em? these YOUR STRAIN seeds from nannerz in December? lookin at the monstercropped lookin, 3 fingered... "confused lookin ummm leaves, I'm thinkin u pushed em into flwr? u do that on the December grow?
well i got my no veg/rape- figured out, FINALLY! so... if u rn into any N issues, again- i might b of use. my leaves look like that n even 1 fingereds... and i fought N for 3-4 harvests. not a year... perpet... harvests. still sucked. felt like dog years, regardless.

what'd u end up doin with the pist off harvest? smoke? edibles? did it still work for ur ailments. sigh. i hate that. i was just catching up.

lookin great, though! snatch any clones? i got intel on stalling... if necessary: just resnip the roots, before height becomes an issue...

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

they volunteered, or u forced em? these YOUR STRAIN seeds from nannerz in December? lookin at the monstercropped lookin, 3 fingered... "confused lookin ummm leaves, I'm thinkin u pushed em into flwr? u do that on the December grow?
well i got my no veg/rape- figured out, FINALLY! so... if u rn into any N issues, again- i might b of use. my leaves look like that n even 1 fingereds... and i fought N for 3-4 harvests. not a year... perpet... harvests. still sucked. felt like dog years, regardless.

what'd u end up doin with the pist off harvest? smoke? edibles? did it still work for ur ailments. sigh. i hate that. i was just catching up.

lookin great, though! snatch any clones? i got intel on stalling... if necessary: just resnip the roots, before height becomes an issue...
They volunteered, which I always heard was a NO-NO, but she made the first move.

This is the clone from the really jacked up plant at the start of the thread the one that showed late nanners and had all the dead and dying leaf's on it. The one that went full blown nanners is cloned in veg now, as is the one currently being run. I wanted to rerun both since all the issues appear to be driver error. I do not understand push into flower, unless you mean changing light times? If so, I do not, I run a constant 19-5 in veg, 11-13 in flower (light-dark).

Pissed of nanner plant will be smoked, 7 day dry and she is rollable, and works out the ADD and joint pain. Not potent or long lasting, but its there, closer to reggie than mids, but once again driver error not her fault.

I am not doing anything that is from self pollination right now. The testers are part stuff I have made from bag seed, and female number 2 of the Sour Widow. Everything is from male/female and all the clones will be grown in solo cups and ran as full on flower. While waiting for room to free up, I will be taking cuttings and keeping in solo cups. Will keep that intel in mind.

I am small time, so running through a sift, if I can even call it that, would take the rest of my life at this rate. I have other stock besides the Sour Widow I am going through as well. Just looking for variety in my personal medicine. Flavors from the Jelly of the Month club do not really interest me.

420Andrew

420Andrew

What's wrong with red striped stems or what is it indicative of? First time hearing about that, couldnt find much on google either 😬

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

What's wrong with red striped stems or what is it indicative of? First time hearing about that, couldnt find much on google either 😬
With these particular plants it appears to be a Mag issue. I used Epsom salts to correct it.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Quick update. I should have done a grow log on this, but since all the relevant info is here, I am going to continue it here.
Pisser

Day 7 of flower (technically 10 I spotted the plant a couple days) so starting week 2 of flower. Things are running smoothly and I am on cruise control letting the plant do its thing. I am beginning to wonder if my issues were strictly related to over feeding and that it was not just a N toxicity issue, but P as well, which would account for the Mag lockout. I still have 3 weeks before re-amending the soil (counting this week) and did the light Epsom salt watering with the next one being in 2 more weeks. Will defiantly be keeping an eye out for any pollen sac's this week going into the next.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Start of week 3, day 17 actual, I like to count weeks instead of days. ((shrugs)) Things are continuing to cruise right along, not seeing any pollen sacks so far. Still 2 more weeks till amendment of soil, but not seeing any deficiencies that are jumping out at me. Some eyes are better than others though. I have decided to skip the Epsom Salts watering coming up at start of week 4, and keep rolling with whats already in the soil. Watering is 500ml everyday. 2 days with Mammoth P enriched water (.4ml per gallon), 1 day straight water, and repeat. On the seventh day no water. Last week was the heavy water (3 water bottles 1500ml) till run off, with straight water. Things are looking good and continuing to see improvement from the week previous. Cruise control is set and watching the scenery.
Pisser2

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Start of week 4 (day 24 actual) still rolling right along. Lights just came on, so she is just waking up and a little droopy, as I am. Getting some red striping which I am not going to do anything about (ie. give epsom salt), the plant looks healthy and is continuing to grow. Feeding is coming up end of this week which should get the plant to the finish line.
Pisser1

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Start of week 5 (day 31 actual) Still rolling along, half way and starting to see pistils changing color. New growth still coming in pearly white. I am seeing a couple of seeds here and there, all in the upper parts of branches and no pollen sacks or bananas on this or any other plant in the tent (I actually pulled out my glasses and went over every square inch nothing like crawling around under a trellis canopy, happy happy joy joy). I did not change my trellis netting between plant runs and with the seeds being near the top, I am thinking that's the culprit, It was the only thing not cleaned with an alcohol based cleaner between the grows. Either way, I will be glad when this run is over and I can work with my testers I have been growing. I'm not giving up, I will keep the clones going. I think I have the nutrients dialed in now as well as the mag issues, but the novelty for me of finding and remaking the old seeds has worn off and I need to replenish my jars. Close to 5 months will have been spent on this project by the time its over, not wasted time though, as I learned some valuable info, like when to say when, regroup and attack it again another day.
Piss1

Piss2

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Start of week 6 (day 38 actual) Still cruising along starting to have claw issues in the fan leaf's which looks like over watering, but lets look deeper. My ph is spot on at 6.5 going in. I will have to wait 5-6 days to check the run-off ph due to heavy water this week. I am beginning to think I need to consider the possibility of excess nutrients again. As stated in the beginning of week 4 post I did a feed at the end of that week, using 5-5-5 just 2 table spoons in a 1.75 gal pot as compared to the usual 1/2 cup (directions call for 1 1/4 cup plants 2-3 feet tall) and this is my normal week 4-5 feed. One week after the small amendment and things look like I have excess issues again. Clawing leaf's...N excess, Yellow Veins....P excess, Apparent Mag Deficiency....K excess. This girl may just be a super light feeder and my normal amend at start of flower could be enough to carry this pheno all they way through. I am going to give her 5-6 days to dry out in case of over watering, but my gut is telling me, especially with the claw leaf's and yellow leaf veins, that this is excess nutrients. Otherwise plant seems healthy, no pollen sacs or nanners so far.
Pisser

Close

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Start of week 6 (day 38 actual) Still cruising along starting to have claw issues in the fan leaf's which looks like over watering, but lets look deeper. My ph is spot on at 6.5 going in. I will have to wait 5-6 days to check the run-off ph due to heavy water this week. I am beginning to think I need to consider the possibility of excess nutrients again. As stated in the beginning of week 4 post I did a feed at the end of that week, using 5-5-5 just 2 table spoons in a 1.75 gal pot as compared to the usual 1/2 cup (directions call for 1 1/4 cup plants 2-3 feet tall) and this is my normal week 4-5 feed. One week after the small amendment and things look like I have excess issues again. Clawing leaf's...N excess, Yellow Veins....P excess, Apparent Mag Deficiency....K excess. This girl may just be a super light feeder and my normal amend at start of flower could be enough to carry this pheno all they way through. I am going to give her 5-6 days to dry out in case of over watering, but my gut is telling me, especially with the claw leaf's and yellow leaf veins, that this is excess nutrients. Otherwise plant seems healthy, no pollen sacs or nanners so far.
View attachment 942094
View attachment 942111
I grew diesel/chem around 2010 & it was sensitive. I only had it herm when lighting interruptions happened. I overnuted a lot & temps were always too warm but she took every stress I threw at her well except for lighting issues. I normally give full nutes & calmag once a week with ph water in between. I use 3 part gh nutes & plain soil mixed with jiffy starter. I'm currently working with all new genetics (nothing old survived the 8 years away - so sad) so I will see how they hold up to my way. I've heard bad things about all these new strains being watered down versions of what I'm used to but I will work with what I've got, fingers crossed

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

There's very little snow on those girls though, I find that concerning, all the sd I've had has always shown extreme frost even under stress. Maybe it's just not as pronounced in pics as in person...??

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

There's very little snow on those girls though, I find that concerning, all the sd I've had has always shown extreme frost even under stress. Maybe it's just not as pronounced in pics as in person...??
Thanks for the comments. Yeah I am not all that happy with what I have either. I get to the 3-6 week window and it goes to poop. I am thinking its all grower error and outside my skills right now, but I am learning. I am hesitant to blame it all on genetics since I grew it outside years ago with np. I just can not seem to get it dialed in inside. I am running some testers now of a different pheno of the same cross (SDXWW)x(SDXWW) in solo cups and I am hoping its just these particular plants I am having issues with and not the whole lot. I still have 3-4 weeks to go and usually the magic happens in the last 2 weeks. So if it doesn't go completely nanner's on me it might come on strong at the end, assuming I can get her through to the end with out things going completely off the rails.

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Just coming to watch the thread. Sound like your pretty hard on yourself for grower error but maybe those are just some plants better suited to, or had been breed to, grow outside. Seen much less healthy plants do better in flower.

Or not quite sure how old the seeds are really, but I do sometimes hear about the old weed that had little yellow flowers all over it. This might be one that could make its own gorilla patch in a few seasons if dropped in the right place...

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I'm in experimental right now, previous stuff was 1000w hids, idk how these leds will work out with everything

Top Bottom