Ain't that a pisser...?

• Thread starter Hidd3nGr0w
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Just coming to watch the thread. Sound like your pretty hard on yourself for grower error but maybe those are just some plants better suited to, or had been breed to, grow outside. Seen much less healthy plants do better in flower.

Or not quite sure how old the seeds are really, but I do sometimes hear about the old weed that had little yellow flowers all over it. This might be one that could make its own gorilla patch in a few seasons if dropped in the right place...
I appreciate the input and taking time to respond. Anytime I can gather info from as many sources as possible its a good thing, chew the meat spit out the bones. Seriously, I really appreciate it.

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

This just hit me this morning and I think I may have figured this out, or maybe I can get some old school guys to drop some knowledge here.
I am wondering if this is actually a toxicity issue to crab meal? It finally hit me last night in the garden that my testers of the same cross (SDxWW)x(SDxWW) different mother same male) are doing just fine. Same soil, same water, same amendments, and same week of flower, but different results. The only variable that is different is my crab meal amendment that I add to my soil for every grow. I have been adding between 1/4 to 1/3 cup per bag of Roots Organics. This mix has worked well with ALL the other plants I have grown, but the testers were done without the crab meal, due to having to separate and re-pot them quickly from the container they were germinated in.
Test

As can be seen in the picture, the plants in the foreground are finishing week 5 and the ones behind the tester (different strain) that is beginning to fade are finishing week 6 which is the same week as the big plant. They are showing none of the issues the big plant is showing. Has anyone else seen a reaction like this to crab meal? Is my mix ratio too high of the crab meal (1/4 cup to 1 cubit foot)? Is it a strain specific or phenotype issue? Like I said I have not had issues with the crab meal and any of the other plants I have grown in my mix. The only other variable is that maybe the container the big plant is in is contaminated.

Any help or comments about this would be MUCH appreciated!

And yes, I did water the big plant today.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

This just hit me this morning and I think I may have figured this out, or maybe I can get some old school guys to drop some knowledge here.
I am wondering if this is actually a toxicity issue to crab meal? It finally hit me last night in the garden that my testers of the same cross (SDxWW)x(SDxWW) different mother same male) are doing just fine. Same soil, same water, same amendments, and same week of flower, but different results. The only variable that is different is my crab meal amendment that I add to my soil for every grow. I have been adding between 1/4 to 1/3 cup per bag of Roots Organics. This mix has worked well with ALL the other plants I have grown, but the testers were done without the crab meal, due to having to separate and re-pot them quickly from the container they were germinated in.
View attachment 943090

As can be seen in the picture, the plants in the foreground are finishing week 5 and the ones behind the tester (different strain) that is beginning to fade are finishing week 6 which is the same week as the big plant. They are showing none of the issues the big plant is showing. Has anyone else seen a reaction like this to crab meal? Is my mix ratio too high of the crab meal (1/4 cup to 1 cubit foot)? Is it a strain specific or phenotype issue? Like I said I have not had issues with the crab meal and any of the other plants I have grown in my mix. The only other variable is that maybe the container the big plant is in is contaminated.

Any help or comments about this would be MUCH appreciated!

And yes, I did water the big plant today.
I've never used crab meal, I wish I could be helpful. Any SD I've ever had are nutrient whores but that could just be what they got used to from me. I always just gave them more when they looked problematic & they were happy. Lighting is major factor though, I'm not sure how this will work under new leds, works great under 1000x hids though lol

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Start of week 7 and sad to say, this grow is officially over. I am going to keep the clones going and try to revisit this again later, its just something about the taste of these two pheno's I really like. That sweet chalky Pepto/bazooka bubblegum taste, with under tones of pine and floral herbs that just makes me want to keep trying, but I have to be honest, I have had entirely too many issues with these plants over the last 4 months and right now its getting to be way to much. Not the figuring out the plant part, that part I do not mind and really enjoy, but I can not do nanners again and pollen everywhere again, especially with new plants ready to go in veg. That's not how I move, using stressed out plant pollen to make seeds for plants to fill my garden (though one would not know that from reading my threads so far). Nothing like a big ole piece of humble pie, its hard to swallow, but sure is good once you get it down. Anyway, last up date in this thread for awhile, thank you to all those who stopped by and contributed time and information or just peep'd in for a laugh.
Pisser1

Pisser2

Pisser3

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Just to clarify, did you start seed from something that was a hermaphrodite or run a cut of it? Either way, no real reason to beat yourself up about it. Growing cannabis is full of ups and downs for all of us just like life. The best way to deal with the downs is to learn from them, gather yourself and get back at it even better than before the speed bump. I would definitely not run anything again with those genetics that have been giving you hermaphrodites though. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Start of week 7 and sad to say, this grow is officially over. I am going to keep the clones going and try to revisit this again later, its just something about the taste of these two pheno's I really like. That sweet chalky Pepto/bazooka bubblegum taste, with under tones of pine and floral herbs that just makes me want to keep trying, but I have to be honest, I have had entirely too many issues with these plants over the last 4 months and right now its getting to be way to much. Not the figuring out the plant part, that part I do not mind and really enjoy, but I can not do nanners again and pollen everywhere again, especially with new plants ready to go in veg. That's not how I move, using stressed out plant pollen to make seeds for plants to fill my garden (though one would not know that from reading my threads so far). Nothing like a big ole piece of humble pie, its hard to swallow, but sure is good once you get it down. Anyway, last up date in this thread for awhile, thank you to all those who stopped by and contributed time and information or just peep'd in for a laugh.
View attachment 944338
View attachment 944339
View attachment 944340
Sorry didn't work out, I'm sad for you, gotta be better next time though

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Just to clarify, did you start seed from something that was a hermaphrodite or run a cut of it? Either way, no real reason to beat yourself up about it. Growing cannabis is full of ups and downs for all of us just like life. The best way to deal with the downs is to learn from them, gather yourself and get back at it even better than before the speed bump. I would definitely not run anything again with those genetics that have been giving you hermaphrodites though. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
I made the seeds for this from some really old stock I had got from a friend years ago. Genuine male/female pollination on my end, 1 male 3 females out of 30 beans I germ'd. As I have said before I do not remember having these issues growing outside back then. No worries though, I got other gear to run and I am keeping the clones, just got to take a break from these particular plants for a minute. Cold winter temps make it so I can not run my usual two flower tents and veg box, otherwise I would keep pounding away.

Top Bottom