Air cavitation / reduced water flow

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Water goes left in pvc, gets to a 180 bend and comes back along flowing right to pump

pump pulls into res n res flows out the bottom to the 3 in room

very sorry, lots to drink

2A20EA0D 9D5A 4FC8 8597 D62FF6814CE1
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I believe I have something like that

it’s been killing me trying to get it, I’ve ran it in reverse, drain n filled with other pumps

will having higher water level help me get it figured out?
This has ran for 8 months
"will having higher water level help me get it figured out?"

Yes. Half full will usually get it going

Ps: my stock current culture 4 site 13 gal modules uses a danner 500 gph pump

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

thinking better now

if I use the diagram u posted I’m going to be running in reverse

so the 2” pvc will be my return and 3/4” hose will be my feed. I don’t top feed either, should?

As of now buckets and res are the same height off the ground……I’d really like to get this going and not be cutting/rerouting pvc

here is video

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

My build mine

I had something designed he laughed at

thanks for the help everyone

my clones have vegged 10 days in tote n are plenty big to goto into the 5 gal buckets

B7E4B2B0 5960 4A87 9A8B E0382B760C3D
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Submerged pump. Turn it around so you are running forwards. Whatever that means.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Remove your 2 inch infeed pvc and bulkhead from tote 1, and seal the hole. Insert your 3/4 inch hose directly into the side or top of the tote. Do not increase it from 3/4inch to 2 inch. Your pump cannot fill a 2 inch line sufficiently.

Use gravity to get the water back to the res, not the pump.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Remove your 2 inch infeed pvc and bulkhead from tote 1, and seal the hole. Insert your 3/4 inch hose directly into the side or top of the tote. Do not increase it from 3/4inch to 2 inch. Your pump cannot fill a 2 inch line sufficiently.

for me to do this I just need to turn around my pump, buy longer 3/4” hose and slightly change the lines how water goes in/out of the chiller

do u believe the 3/4 feed will work, cuz if I proceed with this my 2” pvc will be my return to res.

than pull from res into chiller n out n back to pump

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

for me to do this I just need to turn around my pump, buy longer 3/4” hose and slightly change the lines how water goes in/out of the chiller

do u believe the 3/4 feed will work, cuz if I proceed with this my 2” pvc will be my return to res.

than pull from res into chiller n out n back to pump
Oh yea, I use 1/2. All you need is a slight current. Sounds like you gotta easy way to fix it.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Thank u for your continued help sir

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

thank u too brother

u have put ur .02 in several times, I appreciate it
I try where I can to help. I'm glad you are getting it sorted. But I still think the pump is supposed to be underwater. Every pump like this I've ever used (fish tanks and sumps) is designed to be underwater for cooling and lubrication.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Ok

I’m going to chop things up and reroute to allow for it to be submerged

my pump needs 11.66 gal per minute and u can hear it becoming unprimed when u start it now matter how much water/time u put into priming it

even my wife wants this working so I stop dabbing n drinking n fuking around with all this

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok

I’m going to chop things up and reroute to allow for it to be submerged

my pump needs 11.66 gal per minute and u can hear it becoming unprimed when u start it now matter how much water/time u put into priming it

even my wife wants this working so I stop dabbing n drinking n fuking around with all this
Yeah, like @Dirtbag said, its made leaky on purpose. Sink that buggah.

Latest posts

Top Bottom