Air Circulation maybe co2 for a 4 by 8 sealed

• Thread starter uberstuber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

uberstuber

Hello, I have never grown in such a micro grow room before. Basically, I have a 600 watt lumatek and 2 400 watters, I have a closet in my garage that is just under 4 ft wide by 8 ft. I plan on cutting a hole for the ducting from the exhaust fan I am planning to purchase probably either a vortex or a can fan small motor, is the carbon filter worth it I have never tried one. Only the 600w hood is aircooled, so I would be running the ducting through that. The 4's are econowings. My question is if I am sucking air out of the room, are they going to starve? Also, if I add c02, (which I have never tried), won't that just get sucked right out by the fan? For some reason I am confused. I have some beautiful JILLY BEAN by TGA that are outdoors veggin and are getting damn near as big as I want them for the room. They are in 7 gal aurora smart pots with a 60/40 black gold and perlite mix with some michrozae too. I should take pics... for ferts we have some molasses based hibrix part a and b and organicare fulvex and humex. Any thought or suggestions or criticisms are much appreciated.

S

stillcantroll

Hello, I have never grown in such a micro grow room before. Basically, I have a 600 watt lumatek and 2 400 watters, I have a closet in my garage that is just under 4 ft wide by 8 ft. I plan on cutting a hole for the ducting from the exhaust fan I am planning to purchase probably either a vortex or a can fan small motor, is the carbon filter worth it I have never tried one. Only the 600w hood is aircooled, so I would be running the ducting through that. The 4's are econowings. My question is if I am sucking air out of the room, are they going to starve? Also, if I add c02, (which I have never tried), won't that just get sucked right out by the fan? For some reason I am confused. I have some beautiful JILLY BEAN by TGA that are outdoors veggin and are getting damn near as big as I want them for the room. They are in 7 gal aurora smart pots with a 60/40 black gold and perlite mix with some michrozae too. I should take pics... for ferts we have some molasses based hibrix part a and b and organicare fulvex and humex. Any thought or suggestions or criticisms are much appreciated.

Just going to tackle these in order, my opinions of course:

-Carbon filter is of course worth it, assuming you don't want your block knowing you grown ganja

-Starve from what? Not sure what you're asking. The idea of sucking air out of the room is to create some degree of negative pressure, so that you don't have stink seeping out of your grow room where it's able. Have your vortex mounted onto your can fan, then duct that to your light, and out of the room. Negative pressure: Check. Cooling: Check. No Stink: Check. This will also require either an active or possibly even a passive intake. Given the size of the fan you'll need, passive might do fine.

-Adding Co2 to a room with in and out vents is a complete waste of time and money IMHO. The whole point of investing in a Co2 system is to suppliment Co2 to a room that wouldn't otherwise be able to replenish it IE a sealed room with no in and out vents. If you're venting in and out of the room, you'll maintain ~400ppm of Co2 which is fine. You won't be able to maintain a higher saturation reliably with in and out vents, it just won't happen, don't bother.

-Nutes sound fine, pots sound great, im going to buying 7 gallon smarts myself. Best of luck on your grow!

B

Buddy Hemphill

dont forget summer is creeping up....a window unit may be in order before you chop...jus sayin..dont know how the weather is in ur neck o' the woods...

U

uberstuber

Cool

I bought a can fan off ebay, 392 cfm. Will be here tomorrow. I need a new hood and then i will run the 600 and 400 off the same ducting sucking the air into a carbon filter in my basement. My plants are almost too big for the room. I have had them outside: GRASS VALLEY DANKNESS the weather in grass valley california is normally great for cannabis farming. But we got storms two years in a row in May... luckily my plants were tough enough to withstand the storm and 40 degree nights. I am growing that jillybean, which is stinkier than shit. so Ima need a filter. growing is an expensive pain in the arse. I better get damn near lb a grow or I am hating life. I stick to 6 plants too. So I am gonna need an input vent?

J

johndeere

So, your 600 is air cooled, your 400 is not , you will have to vent the space or heat will become an issue.That is to say intake and exhaust. Take the 600 out of this equation because it will have an independent intake/exhaust which will not affect the air that will turn hot and stagnant in the grow area.

Top Bottom