Air circulation?

• Thread starter kleneve22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kleneve22

3rd grow... I currently running a small room 4' x 6', I realize that I need to circulate the air in my room, however to avoid stress do you want the fans pointed directly on your ladies? or basically over the tops to circulate the air?
Also do you want them running 24/7? I have mine currently on a timer, 1 hour on 30 min off.

I've had 2 encounters now with Herm's now and trying to figure it out. I'm pretty sure there is no light leaks so I'm looking in other possibilities.

Thanks in advance.

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

are you running the same strain? if so that plant might tends to have high herm rates, just a thought. If the current is not too strong it is fine blowing at the girls. also check your timer to see if it is broken and not having irregular timing for the light to turn on and off. more info would be better to help with your grow

entropy99

entropy99

Running the air over them would work just as well. As long as there's air movement, the circulation will happen.

philly kush

philly kush

i have my fans blowin above the ladies n they run with the timers,when the lights r on so r the fans.for the hemi thing u have goin on double check to make sure u dont have a light leak. Good luck with everything n happy gardening

Green Giant

Green Giant

Light finds its way in, I would look at a light leak. I have my oscillating fans blowing across the top and bottom of my ladies, haven't seen any bad yet from doing it that way. My fans run 24/7

420bliss

420bliss

i wouldnt have the fans blowing directly on your plants, it drys them out. you just want to circulate the air in the room

nebulius

nebulius

I have a small closet grow so I use the duct fan to cool my light as an exhaust fan too. It runs 24/7 to keep air circulated and is vented to the outside, air comes out a vent at the top of my roof (keeps odors away hopefully).
I also have an oscillating fan that runs when the light is on to give the plants some exercise and it blows directly on plants but is far enough away where its not too strong on them.

Green Giant

Green Giant

I also have an oscillating fan that runs when the light is on to give the plants some exercise and it blows directly on plants but is far enough away where its not too strong on them.

Thats exactly what I do... Not too close to whip them around, but just enough to make them move. Keeps em strong.... Strong like BULL!!!

V

vierundzwanzig

lol @
Not too close to whip them around, but just enough to make them move. Keeps em strong.... Strong like BULL!!!
good one

K

kleneve22

Thanks for all the replies guys. Great information, It just sucks you get into the 8-9 weeks of flowering and that's when I start to see the hermis. you get all that way and then for not.
I'm going to look at the strain, these were bag seed so really I don't know they are but the yield was pretty good that's why I was sticking with it. But I'm at a point where I need to cut my losses.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom