Air Condition Split System Compressor help

• Thread starter xrob415x
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xrob415x

xrob415x

Hello Im currently looking for a split system air condition unit. The problem is that many compressors shut down at 50 degrees because the companies assume that nobody will need AC it the outside temp is below this. It gets below 50 degrees over here and I cant have my compressor shut down and my plants fry. By the way I am putting compressor on the roof. Can any AC experts direct me towards a split system that doesn't have this temperature trigger, or is it possible to take the thermostat out? Thanks in advanced

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I beleive what your looking for is a low ambient air temp unit and i think sanyo makes the units in 12,000,24,000 and 32,000 btus.hope this helps!

D

Dimebud

Hi r u needing to heat ur grow room because ur outside ambient is below 50?
If so from what i know is that the unit will run until the outside unit (condenser) freezes up then it will then go into defrost mode and melt the ice away at which point it will then continue to heat. this whole process usually takes under 5 min.

D

Dimebud

Also if you are running it in cooling which is what i would think u would be doing then you can force ur air conditioner to run by moving the air thermistor in the condenser to touch the hot compressor instead of sensing outside ambient air, this tricks the ac into thinking the outside ambient is actually hot rather then cold, hope this helps

Top Bottom