Air Conditioning in Sealed Room

• Thread starter Third Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

edux10

If you plan on growing for a while a split is the best way to go. Put the noise and heat away from your grow. JK

these splits seem like the way to go if you got the bills.

With the window units you really need to make sure the hot air exhaust is going far away from the room you are growing in. some people have it just in the bigger containing room and not out the window and it doesnt work all that well. portable a/cs are nice too, but you just got to duct them out the window, again, far away from the room you are growing in.

jyip

jyip

some people have it just in the bigger containing room and not out the window and it doesnt work all that well

edux
what kkind of problems are they having w/not routing hot exhuast outdoors? i am curious cuz i have a window AC exhuasting inside a larger containing room as described in your reply

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
edux
what kkind of problems are they having w/not routing hot exhuast outdoors? i am curious cuz i have a window AC exhuasting inside a larger containing room as described in your reply

You just need to have an intake and exhaust in the larger room to continuously refresh the air in there..

I have a 12'x25'x10' garage and I do the same exact thing.. My room is 10'x16'x10' with a window ac hanging out into the garage.. I just made an intake and exhaust for the garage and all is well!

jyip

jyip

thx 4 the replt surfr,

i only have to get by for a single 12/12 cycle and then i am going to correctly solve the heat issue during the summer cuz its pi^^^ng me off a lil now.... so far temps are under 82F in room and that is with 60F nights when it runs the lights on so i am hoping for cooler than norm weather for abit till this is harvested... then i have to figurew out what it needs and get ir done!
i have been using the 5000btu ( or maybe its 6500btu, i havto look n C ), it seemed to be overworked and on alot though, oh, the room is small 7 tall and 7x9 feet w/a single 1K HPS light in there and during the cooler months the frsh air intake is emough to keep the room at 75F day and drop it to 65F at night, but i havent been able to run thru the summer without having a shitty harvest cuz of the heat , to the point i stopped during that time frame, but bow i wnat to solve it for good...
oh, also, I do not want to exhuast the hot air directly outside cuz of the heat signature and i know this room runs well without any smell/light/heat leaks to the outside that will get me noticed, but now i kno its cool cuz ihad goin on n off for a few yrs or so without any problemos

any other ideas to solve it? how about a chiller? are those good and how nuxh do they cost? thx again
you just need to have an intake and exhaust in the larger room to continuously refresh the air in there..

I have a 12'x25'x10' garage and I do the same exact thing.. My room is 10'x16'x10' with a window ac hanging out into the garage.. I just made an intake and exhaust for the garage and all is well!

Top Bottom