Air cooled lights

• Thread starter Asbestos4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Ok so I have five 1000 watt lights that will be placed in a row. All the lightsare equiped with 8 inch flange. I will be using a 8 inch 747 inline fan to pull the air throw.

How many feet befor I need to install a back up fan?

The run will be pritty strate, with out any bends.

I need to make a 35 foot run from start to finish. Will I need more then one fan to get the job done?

Thanks

Cort

Cort

Depends on the source air. If its cool air from outside the grow area, and vented back outside the grow area you will probably be ok.

Granted this is just from reading, I have no first hand experience with that. Keep that in mind.

Let this be a bump for you sir, and if someone wishes to contradict me they can have at it.

hiboy

hiboy

I'll give you a comparison to my current room, 6 1000 watters in a row, no ducting between, the light vent flange just touches the next light and duct taped together. Its overkill but works awesome for me, with 112 watts per sq ft. I have a 12" vortex fan sitting on a canister filter sucking air out of the room, thru the lights and out a run about 25'. At the end of the duct line i have an inline wind tunnel series fan sucking the air. This system is not set up for c02. My room averages 75-80 degrees in california with two 12000 btu a/c running.
So knowing this i would def. bump up your fan and reduce down to fit your 8" flanges. If your blowing too much you can buy a speed controller. Do it once, go BIG.
hiboy

Top Bottom