Air Dehumidifier needed asap '

• Thread starter Redneckx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redneckx

Redneckx

Sup Farmers!
My lady's are in week 2 of flowering and the humidity rises up and up!
Through the day I'm at 74% rh and in the night it goes up to 80%! Rh, so very critical conditions. Running 2 fans so airflow should be good, but I will turn them up more, scared...hope in the early flower phase it's not too bad and I can avoid mold or bud rot.
Through this week I need a dehumifier asap, maybe you can help me catch a good deal with Amazon cyber week or black Friday, if you know a good affordable one, please let me know!
It should not be too pricy, low energy cost and silent(if possible). Best would be one which is standing outside of the tent and is available in Europe(otherwise high shipping costs)
Searching for one which could be used for 4x4 tents currently using 2x2, will expand next year. Still didn't find the right one.
Thanks everyone. Happy growing 🪴

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Keep in mind the law of energy efficiency......the more you spend on the machine the more you will save on the long run far as daily consume.
So is always good to invest in a quality dehum....
Check Trotec, its a german brand , commercial dehums, excellent costomer service....lots of machine to choose...

Dont know how big your room is but if you are sealed and you are running LEDs, dont worry about high RH, plants will love it...
Whats creates mold on buds in not really the high humidity but the quick shift in temperature that creates micro condensation on leaves , when this droplet dry out after a bit that the light are on, mold spores germinate and you will have mold....so with sealed rooms you can avoid all this and keep your rh higher....im flowering 26-27 celsius 78-82 RH never had a problem, the vpd seems spot on..

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Sup Farmers!
My lady's are in week 2 of flowering and the humidity rises up and up!
Through the day I'm at 74% rh and in the night it goes up to 80%! Rh, so very critical conditions. Running 2 fans so airflow should be good, but I will turn them up more, scared...hope in the early flower phase it's not too bad and I can avoid mold or bud rot.
Through this week I need a dehumifier asap, maybe you can help me catch a good deal with Amazon cyber week or black Friday, if you know a good affordable one, please let me know!
It should not be too pricy, low energy cost and silent(if possible). Best would be one which is standing outside of the tent and is available in Europe(otherwise high shipping costs)
Searching for one which could be used for 4x4 tents currently using 2x2, will expand next year. Still didn't find the right one.
Thanks everyone. Happy growing 🪴
Best place I found 1 for cheap was Facebook marketplace... average dehumidifier goes for about 50 bucks used

3cats

3cats

Best place I found 1 for cheap was Facebook marketplace... average dehumidifier goes for about 50 bucks used
I second that, I've found good deals on a number of grow items. If you are going to get one and with 80% humidity you need one, don't go too small or it will run constantly trying to keep up. I bought a 30L then I had to add another 35L . If you are going to do it bite the bullet and get what you need don't cheap out or it will cost you more in the long run.

Redneckx

Redneckx

Keep in mind the law of energy efficiency......the more you spend on the machine the more you will save on the long run far as daily consume.
So is always good to invest in a quality dehum....
Check Trotec, its a german brand , commercial dehums, excellent costomer service....lots of machine to choose...

Dont know how big your room is but if you are sealed and you are running LEDs, dont worry about high RH, plants will love it...
Whats creates mold on buds in not really the high humidity but the quick shift in temperature that creates micro condensation on leaves , when this droplet dry out after a bit that the light are on, mold spores germinate and you will have mold....so with sealed rooms you can avoid all this and keep your rh higher....im flowering 26-27 celsius 78-82 RH never had a problem, the vpd seems spot on..
Thanks for hint, Trotec looks pretty nice and with HEPA filter, I guess I'm going for those, still a little pricy but I guess it's worth it, but almost 250 watts much! for me too much, best would be around 50w lol
Dunno how frequently it has to run and also how long it take til the humidity comes back. But if you say with leds it's not a big problem than I hopefully do okay.
Do you use a Trotec demhumidifier, how long you let it run?
IMG 20231120 170401

Redneckx

Redneckx

I second that, I've found good deals on a number of grow items. If you are going to get one and with 80% humidity you need one, don't go too small or it will run constantly trying to keep up. I bought a 30L then I had to add another 35L . If you are going to do it bite the bullet and get what you need don't cheap out or it will cost you more in the long run.
Thanks dude, I will look for a good one which suits to my grow.
Can I ask how big your growtent/room is?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I have a small 200w home dehu for veg room and 2 TTKQube( very similar to Quest) for flower all from trotec very efficient....they run constantly....its a bigger setup
977x1200
Trotec ttkqube dehumidifier03  94003

You may want to get a hygrostat and put the sensor away from the machine (some have it built in but is not reliable to gauge the real room rh) and probably place the dehu outside of the tent .
and fans inside
The white one is about 200 w would be perfect for your tent i think....

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Are you able to dehumidify the lung room? Dehus pump out a fair amount of heat, I run mine in the lung room and it takes care of the 4x8 and the 4x4… and the whole rest of the house as well 😂 and I don’t get temp issues inside the tent but I’m running a 50l Todat

Heres the one I run, has power loss protection etc so it’ll reset back to your set points after a power failure etc mine sits right on top of my sump pump pit and the hose drains straight down, it’s a nice set it and forget it deal lol

It’s also 12% off right now $219 atm

I’ve tried small 15 pt ones inside the tent and they made no difference whatsoever for me

IMG 0390
3cats

3cats

Are you able to dehumidify the lung room? Dehus pump out a fair amount of heat, I run mine in the lung room and it takes care of the 4x8 and the 4x4… and the whole rest of the house as well 😂 and I don’t get temp issues inside the tent but I’m running a 50l Todat

Heres the one I run, has power loss protection etc so it’ll reset back to your set points after a power failure etc mine sits right on top of my sump pump pit and the hose drains straight down, it’s a nice set it and forget it deal lol

It’s also 12% off right now $219 atm

I’ve tried small 15 pt ones inside the tent and they made no difference whatsoever for me
Yes the heat from them should be vented out if you can. I run into summer time flowering issues with high humidity and heat. when its 30C or 90f ish at 100% outside the added heat of two dehue's can make it prickly in my basement and plants in mid flower can mold up without enough airflow. Just poor planing on my part, don't flower July and August, vegging is fine.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yes the heat from them should be vented out if you can. I run into summer time flowering issues with high humidity and heat. when its 30C or 90f ish at 100% outside the added heat of two dehue's can make it prickly in my basement and plants in mid flower can mold up without enough airflow. Just poor planing on my part, don't flower July and August, vegging is fine.
100% agree haha, I risked it mid summer and shut down the dehu, was getting the lung room too damn hot, luckily it was fairly low humidity and I lucked out but, yeah, defenitly timing flower away from July / august

Great time to start some fresh seeds through!

Redneckx

Redneckx

I have a small 200w home dehu for veg room and 2 TTKQube( very similar to Quest) for flower all from trotec very efficient....they run constantly....its a bigger setup
View attachment 2076439View attachment 2076438
You may want to get a hygrostat and put the sensor away from the machine (some have it built in but is not reliable to gauge the real room rh) and probably place the dehu outside of the tent .
and fans inside
The white one is about 200 w would be perfect for your tent i think....
Which model is the first one? Can't find it on their homepage.
So it's enough to lower the Rh in the room and it will automatically drop inside the tent?

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

So it's enough to lower the Rh in the room and it will automatically drop inside the tent?
No, I live in 32% average Hu, but my 4x4 tent can reach 75-80% after watering or 24/7 during my RDWC. I bought some cheaper units that was a waste of good money. Finely bought this one.
IMG 1252
bought this model and it drops the Hu very well.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Its called TTK 29E....after checkin on their website seems that they dont produce it anymore but they have many similar as far as power consumption and water pullin...
Check the

TTK 33 E​

https://es.trotec.com/shop/deshumidificador-ttk-33-e.html
It pulls 14 liters a day for 200w....
Look for the power consumption and the water amount per day to select the best for you

N

Natep

It is weird to hear about these things. I live in southern ca. here the rh is 17% today. People don’t have basements. I have to add humidity all year.

Redneckx

Redneckx

Its called TTK 29E....after checkin on their website seems that they dont produce it anymore but they have many similar as far as power consumption and water pullin...
Check the

TTK 33 E​

https://es.trotec.com/shop/deshumidificador-ttk-33-e.html
It pulls 14 liters a day for 200w....
Look for the power consumption and the water amount per day to select the best for you
The TTK 33 E is nice, but doesn't look fancy as the TTK27 HEPA which I chose and I guess 12L / 2,5 L should be good but we will see.

Redneckx

Redneckx

It is weird to hear about these things. I live in southern ca. here the rh is 17% today. People don’t have basements. I have to add humidity all year.
Haha is it even possible to breath in those humidity conditions!? 🤥
In my hemisphere it's the complete opposite, in summer we have higher temperatures but also high humidity(last years it's going to change, thx climate change) 🥵
In autumn, winter and spring it's mostly rainy, windy with high humidity!

Top Bottom