Air exchange and pests

• Thread starter Dankles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dankles

Is there any correlation between increased air exchange/flow with reduced pest problems???

I was told both RezDog and Jorge have indoor air exchanges of 1min to reduce pests. Well, my question is.. How does increased air exchange/flow reduce pests? Or does it?

I thought the whole point of high air flow/exchange was CO2 exchange/even dispersal, artificial wind to make plant stems/branches stronger, and to keep ambient temperatures down around lights/ballasts. Never ever heard of it keeping pest populations down.

Thank yous!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't answer all those questions, but I can relay my own anecdotal evidence. When I added a high-volume cfm fan to my room, my fungus gnat problem practically disappeared. I swear to God, I think they just got sucked right outta the room!

I've only ever had spider mites once, and they never got established in my room I believe because of the higher RH levels, though they did get established in my veg-table and required treatment. Outside of the Borg, my problem is really with fungus gnats--they're EVERYWHERE up here. I even have them in my OD hempy girls.

As for other issues, many of them stem from poor air circulation and ventilation (two different things).

Top Bottom