Air Flaps for Grow Tent?

• Thread starter GooberfrupstateNY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

I'm a first time grower who had 2 fairly successful shed/outdoor type grows with auto-flowers this past season and purchase a "Cool Grows" 24x24x48 grow tent this past September which currently has 2 small blueberry's growing in it, each in 3-gallon fabric pots. It's otherwise all set up; I built a ventilation system w/carbon filter; it has a fan, light, timer, hygrometer/temp, e.g., everything's in place. My question is this: it has 3 open/close air intakes on the bottom, how many should I open? Not sure if it'll "pull" the air more effectively with just 1 open or is it better to open all 3 or if there's a difference in 1,2, or 3? Sorry to make this more difficult than it should be, but I've come to realize how much a plant can stink up the place and am also wondering, does make a difference even though I have the exhaust fan about 3/4 way up if you will be able to still smell the plant and at the same time, ensure that the plant has enough air-flow? Thanks.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm a first time grower who had 2 fairly successful shed/outdoor type grows with auto-flowers this past season and purchase a "Cool Grows" 24x24x48 grow tent this past September which currently has 2 small blueberry's growing in it, each in 3-gallon fabric pots. It's otherwise all set up; I built a ventilation system w/carbon filter; it has a fan, light, timer, hygrometer/temp, e.g., everything's in place. My question is this: it has 3 open/close air intakes on the bottom, how many should I open? Not sure if it'll "pull" the air more effectively with just 1 open or is it better to open all 3 or if there's a difference in 1,2, or 3? Sorry to make this more difficult than it should be, but I've come to realize how much a plant can stink up the place and am also wondering, does make a difference even though I have the exhaust fan about 3/4 way up if you will be able to still smell the plant and at the same time, ensure that the plant has enough air-flow? Thanks.
Google static air intake. I want to say static needs to be 250 percent of forced exhaust. The only challenge with using the flaps on the tent for intake is that they leak light. If that is not a problem just open all three. If it is a problem, in the past I would use ducting and hang it from the upper vent hole cutouts with like 3" going into the tent and hanging down near the floor on the outside. This prevented light from getting into the tent and allow for good air circulation.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I have my outtake fan and carbon filter coming out of the top of my tent and at the bottom I have about 4 feet of ducting in a spiral sort of thing coming out of the bottom of one of the sides to allow air in without letting any light in.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
^Also I have a small tent with a 100+ cfm fan so the spiral thing slows down the air coming in a bit.

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

Thanks guys/gals, I guess the more air the merrier, lol. I'm doing autos in it, so the light's not an issue.

Top Bottom