Air help

• Thread starter mace
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mace

mace

The setup:
I have a 8 x 4 x 6 custom built grow box. Originally i was running two 1,000k hps in a sealed manner (drawing air from outside just to cool the lights). Well, last night my dumb ass decided to y section the exhaust of the a/c and the 6' fan running the lights and push the air from the two out the same hole. Big mistake!!! My royal soverign A/C has hurt it's compressure or fan from the backpressure and now the damn thing is LOUD AS HELL. gonna see if i can call sears to fix it, but till then i must do something.

The girls are 1 week in hydroton now. a 3x6 tray. still in veg

My question:
Should i just use the exhaust fan for the 1k's to build negative pressure in the box as it handles 650 qfpm of air, or should i go buy another fan on top. Im worried about it getting to hot in their as the box resides in the garage. The a/c handled this perfectly, but i have no clue what to do now. I really didn't want to use just outside air on this grow, but i suppose it maybe the best way to go.

Note, i have a small wall style A/c unit that would work, but that would require me to cut a hole in the side of the box and i don't really want to do that. Also, im afraid the exhaust would just heat up the garage more.

Thanks ahead of time.
:happy:

og dmc

og dmc

Get your ac fixed asap. What do you mean buy another fan on top? If there is already hole in the top you can use for an exhaust then I would say get another fan if you can aford it. Its hard for me to keep my lights (1k) cool and they have air cooled hoods and ac in a large room. By fan for 1k do you mean your hood is aircooled? If so def dont remove that one, air cooled hoods will drop temps a full 10 degrees. Sonds like getting another fan is a good start, if that is not enough your gonna have to cut that hole for an ac, but I would try the fan first.

Top Bottom